Anime Manga or Anime(which is better)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Soitsu, Jan 9, 2006.

?

Anime or Manga

1. Anime!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Manga!

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Both!!!

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

See, manga wins(Yay)

I only have like 8 mangas because it's cheaper then the anime...:rolleyes:

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I used to love anime more than manga (because I was too lazy to read :p), but after Naruto and Bleach, I think I am into manga way more than the anime.

3. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

To me anime is kinda too interesting sometimes that you feel like your watching it for 5 minutes and it is the end of the show, that is one reason why I like manga I own it, I can take my time reading it!;)

4. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

I take things on a case by case basis. There are some series that are only available as manga, and a number of series that are only available as anime. But when dealing with a series that is available in both formats, I often find that I enjoy them pretty much equally, although there are cases when I will prefer one or the other for a variety of reasons.

However, when it comes to actual collection size my manga collection is much larger than my anime one, simply because it's easier to convince myself to buy a book than it is to buy a DVD or box set. I've always been a bibliophile, so it's just one more aspect of that.

~Shadrach Anki

5. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

i prefer anime cos im too lazy to read xD

But manga is ok i guess

6. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

Really I always read my mangas at school cause most of the time I am watching anime or playing vidoe game at home, and most of the time whenever I read m anga at school I actually get it done

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

As always I say both.

They both have their aspects that I like. Manga you read but to me you can still see it like in an anime. Plus it can give away hints of what is to come in some anime. Anime sometimes they have different plots which is cool.

8. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

yeah its like that alot and it can be cool usually .. with anime and manga at least.

9. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

you know how some anime have different series...I just hate it when they skip a series from the manga and just go to the one after why do they do that?!?!?!

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Anime have different series? You mean like in the anime, FullMetal Panic is FMP, and FMP:FUMOFFU, and on the manga is FMP, and the second one is something else (forgot title ^^). Also, the artist on the second series of FMP manga is different, which is annoying..

-Seishin

11. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

That is annoying in a way, but the series was funny!:D

12. Shuichi Shindou

Shuichi Shindou New Member

Manga is much better but the first time I read a manga I accidently read it backwards.

13. Ms.pony_Puff

Ms.pony_Puff New Member

Manga. I'm new here. Is there an introduction forum? Right now I'm clueless.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Yup: http://www.boards.jp/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

If you take some time to look through the drop-downs at the top, you'll find lists of all of BJP's forums. It's really helpful. :)

Anyway, I forget if I posted in this thread before, but I've found I like both about the same. I love watching anime, but I rarely have time for it anymore. Conversely, though I enjoy watching anime more, I have more time to read manga, and I get to read more of it than I get to watch anime. Ehh, what can I say? At least I enjoy both. :p

15. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

dangit i already voted :( but i can't find my post, so i'll say this loud and clear

MANGA RULES!!

16. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

Manga for me any day. One, you don't have to wait like five minutes to get to the part you want to see and two, you can reread your favorite parts as many times you want without waiting and go can go look at them as much as you want :p

17. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

If i posted here before then .... too bad, but i am all anime, i only read like one manga, and that was Naruto, really confusing, cos i had to read from the back to the front :dizzy2:
    manga trauma, oh well.

-rai-

18. Fushigi Rockna

How can you compare them?

Manga is cheaper than anime; it's also (usually) the way the creator originally intended the story. Translated manga is usually much more well done than dubbed anime. You cna take it and read it anywhere. There's also nothing like reading a good manga.

in anime, you can hear the characters and watch them move. soemtiems there are more interesting scenes in the anime. but at the same time alot is cut. But anime dvds are much more expensive, and manga tends to have more in them than a dvd (most dvds usually have 3-4 episodes)

I like both, but i usually have more money for manga. My manga collection is much bigger than my anime collection.

19. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

Manga for One Piece FRECKING DUB!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

Ok more often manga is good if it is a long manga (Dragon Ball Z long either way but no filler in manga) but if the manga is adapated from the anime the anime is often better (as in Evangelion and Mobile Suit Gundam). The manga is also better (usually) if they need a lot of filler (as in Hellsing). Now there is the rare case of the two being in a good balance (as in Azumanga Daioh). So I see that two as equal both having strenghs and weaknesses.

They both can can tell a story well. Manga is not as good for action with a lot of stuff going on because it is much easier to follow lots of stuff in anime. Manga as I said eariler lends itself better to long series as in something like GetBackers.