Debate myths or legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basher, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Fushigi Rockna

Digimon anyone? :p

2. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Einstein, i think, had a theory about there being a 4th Dimention. I also belive in parallel dimentions and other worldly places.

Yeah people are so ignorant sumtimes that they dont beleive what they cant understand or comprehend.

AILIENS ARE REAL!!!
    I HAVE BEEN UBDUCTED!!! NO ONE BELEIVES ME!! OH no they're here. . . . . . .the've come to get me!! Ahhhhh. . . . . ::runs away:: . . . . .::comes back:: oh it was just my docter for my daily pills. . . . he says if i calm down for atleast an hour they will take off my pretty white jacket. :rolleyes: :p

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I read somewhere that Unicorns and pegasuses are one in the same. Ones female the others male. Just like God no matter what relgion someone is in too.

Basiliks would be so cool if they were real. My guess is that they are not. Someone saw an anaconda and got scared to death. I would so learn snake langauge if they were true (what was it called again in HP?)

Aliens have to exist otherwise it would be just a big waste if space as in the universe. When you get probed by them you wont be laughing

Maybe the universe does end and right now we are in just a snow globe. It when it get shaken its actually a meteor shower

I like to think out of the box in case you didn't know

4. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

You think much like the movie men in black. The world being in a locker, marble ect. ::shrugs::

But there are many theories about the universe ending and none are the same. Some say that the universe has its limits and will eventualy snap like arubberband back into a clump. Others say it is never ending and continues to grow ever secund, which it does. But the mystery is if there is an end of the universe what is beond it? Infinet nothing?

5. Fushigi Rockna

Parselmouths, they're claled parselmouths. My brother plays the game and he just got to the part where harry called off a snake a half an hour or so ago.

Anyone played Legend of Mana? They seem to ahve a different view of basiliks. In harry potter they turn you into stone if you don't look at them directly or something (Herminone saw it through a mirror, the cat saw it in the reflection of the water, Colin Creevy saw it through his camera lens, etc.) and if you do look at them directly, you're killed (that's how Mrytle died). However, in legend of Mana, there's a teacher that is part human and part basilik. (the funny thing is her students are always going 'OH NO! DON'T TURN US TO STONE!' and acting so funny... lol) But she did turn a guy that was hitting in her to stone. :p So yeah, I'm not so sure of what a basilik's real power is....

As for aliens, no way in hell are we the only things out there, the universe is huge. There's gotta to be some otehr life forms out there. Plain and simple.

6. Basher

not really like MIB. I used to think that our world was just a tape someone watched. But snow globes are way cooler now. *shakes a snow globe* is it possible that smaller things can live in these like whos? (BTW whos are from Dr. Seuss in case you didn't know) or maybe we are whos. And the globe we are in is called Whoville. Does anyone belive in whos?

I read some of those theories and we will never know until we explore outer space more. But i like my snow globe theory the best :p

Isn't there like an argument saying that people who don't believe in aliens are kinda simple minded. Humans dont want to know the truth or something like that.

7. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

What about legend of Scuzzlebutt?

Aparently he lives in the mountains, instead of his right arm he has a stick of celery and has Patrick Duffy for a left leg.

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

my cousins little sister saw him once, he was riding a pink invisible elephant.

9. Basher

Ah no Mord.

Anyway lets move on.

I would like to know what people think of the Bermuda Triangle.

10. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

It's all Final Fantasy's fault. But yes, I believe in the Triangle, I believe almost anything. I mean, wouldn't it be cool, if there was really another world out there, with all the mystical animals and all those stuff we imagined. I believe there is.

And as I said before, how do we know about all these animals that don't exist. People have seen them in another world, the magically transported back here and told us. That's how we know. But since humans don't trust anything they don't see, they didn't believe in the mystical animals, and branded them "FAKE." Also killing the believers to avoid troubles.

11. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Except in the case of God. :p Instead, the people that called him fake were branded "heretics" and butchered "in the name of God". :p Kinda funny the way things work, huh?

Anyways... anything's really possible... I mean, these things could've all been real, they could've just been people tripping on acid or they could be bold-faced lies made up by people to **** with our heads and such. Who knows?

12. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Or maybe just people's imaginations.

Anyone ever read a certain brand of books called (get this)"fiction"?
    Well it's basically all made up.
    Often these books depict other worlds or other worldly creatures.
    But the authors didn't see them in any "other worlds" , they weren't transported anywhere. They were made up in their imagination.
    In their brain.
    Not other worlds.

Honestly, people are willing to believe in anything these days, except the glaringly obvious.

13. Fushigi Rockna

I think the bermuda triangle is real. it's scary and freaky and god damn real.

True tsukasa... Mad Hamish is right. You're being a bit looney. ><

14. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

The bermuda triangle is probably a giant magnetic meteorite or something.
    Does anyone know what kind of research has been done into it?

15. Basher

There is a bunch of research done on the Bermuda Triangle.
    So far there has been reports of compasses acting up. A theory on it all. I'll look more into it.
    From what I can remember Christopher Coloumbus was the first to report strange things happening in the Bermuda Triangle. The compasses acting up and a strange light that cna not be explained.