Video Games NEWS:The X-Box 360 Falls into the wrong hands...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Seishin, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

1 person likes this.
  2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Greedy hands nothing. The kid was just a lucky idiot who breeched the non-disclosure agreement.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

And an example of how to get your dad fired from Microsoft. :D

Let's hope the article is right, and that the 360 is released in the 4th Aniversary of the release of the X-box.

-Seishin

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I don't know, the Xbox 360 looks rather...fake. Is that the powersupply cables sticking out in one of those pictures? If that is correct...how does it recieve power?

- Teddz

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Seems pretty fake to me. But if it is true, then I don't care anyway. :p Even if you got one early, there'd be no point to it since you wouldn't be able to get any games for it.

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The power supply unit is external. The wires are exposed because it's a dev model.

7. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

i hated the first X-Box anyways. i always thought it was just too bulky.

EDIT:everybody knows thin and/or portable is the way to go^_^ although, looks at X-Box i have the first one....*covers eyes* but it's hard to look at >.<

1 person likes this.
  8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

his father be owned

9. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

i don't doubt its real. kid's clearly a moron. it's visually a vast improvement on the 1st eyesore, but i'm gonna wait to see if it gets any decent games before i upgrade...

10. Truckle

Truckle New Member

Yay for leaks :D

1 person likes this.
  11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I never understood why people care about what the console looks like. It could look like a corpse and I wouldn't care if it put out consistently excellent gameplay.

Edit: Maybe we could have someone from the camp of those who look at the console instead of the tv while playing could explain?

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Couldn't have said it better. But with the few games shown on E3 '05, 360 games are looking almost the same. Graphics only look a bit improved, but i think they'll progress just like it's predecessor's. Something quite nifty that i like about the 360 is that you don't have to reach for the console anymore whenever you want it to turn on, just press the green X on the controller.

Also using the X tells you what player you are, and which players are on. Plus the Wi-Fi ready makes it super, no more wires for all!

As for the cables sticking out, i'm guessing that's just because it's only a beta of the actual system, and i wouldn't excpect it to be completed either anyways.....

-Seishin

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

har har carcass... I wonder where the CD slot is...

14. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I wish we had the option of wires. :( Wireless = lots of extra energy usage and the possibility of signal interference.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Signal interference should be no trouble i guess. You have to press a button on the 360 to activate the wirless controller, meaning the signal should stay locked.

I also heard that the battery is gonna be built in, and all you have to do is charge it. But then, does that mean that we're gonna have to stop playing everytime we're running low? I think Microsoft may have a solution to that. At least they should.

-Seishin

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Have you ever tried to keep a wireless connection stable 100% of the time?

17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

mine is reliable enough to even frag people online neph, you should have fate in modern Wireless stuff...

about energy usage...

I ntheory after a full charge I could use my mouse for 1 month without recharging, or about 2 weeks of FPS gaming, idle the box says it lasts about 3 months...

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I tried wireless; it was sufficient for browsing AND gaming speedwise, but the connection dropped every time a wireless phone (not cellphone) was answered in my house.

19. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

if you have $20 and need to buy a toaster you've got dozens to choose from. They all cook toast, so which one do you buy and why?. I design products for a living and find ugly crud like the 1st xbox offensive. they spend how much money and time developing these consoles and can't be %%%%^& finding a someone with a little taste to style it. engineers and technicians can handle the guts of it, but keep them away from the outside. pleeeeasle!. maybe if it looked like a B&O product users wouldn't be stuffing it under the tv out of sight.
    The performance of it's one thing but it's gotta look as good as it works. (that's why no-one likes volvo's or hummers...) If there was a console that had exacly the same components as the old x-box, and was styled like the new one, which would you buy. Just because there's nothing out there that is in direct competition like this doesn't make it ok for them to not care.

1 person likes this.
  20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

But toasters all have the same end result. Consoles don't.

As far as which one I'd buy between classic Xbox and imaginary Xbox in Xbox 2 chassis, it really does depend. How is the heating with the new chassis? The slim PS2, for example, gets hot as hell, and that is not very healthy for hardware. Is the hardware as reliable or does it perform any better, or worse? Are there any hardware/accessory incompatibilities I should be aware of?

I am not someone who buys according to looks.