Video Games NEWS:The X-Box 360 Falls into the wrong hands...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Seishin, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Who cares on looks as long as the 360 works and provides awsome state of the art gaming entertainment. 360 is the artist the games are the art the looks will come from the games

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Convienient way to dodge my question, no? I asked what you thought an X-box should look like so it wouldn't be "ugly."

"I won't go into what makes something look good."

So, how is anyone, Microsoft included, supposed to know how to design their consoles, if people refuse to explain what they want? It'd be like me saying the newer Final Fantasies suck (which I do) without explaining that I think that Sqauresoft has put too much effort into looks and visual appeal and not enough into gameplay or storyline. How can anyone change if no one tells them what is wrong?

3. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

i'm not dodging any questions. if you read my earlier posts you'll see that i've done a degree in this, and do it for a living. i paid good money and worked long and hard to get there, and i'm not about to post wads of stuff to proove my points. Frankly i don't much care whether anyone believes/agrees with me. i've got nothing to proove.
    microsoft has plenty of feedback. if you want to know exactly what's wrong, the colours are hideous. They tried to make it look high tech and 'radical' with the neon green and black. the the whole 'x' box pun is in the same boat. finally, to compound the crime, they made the thing literally look like a giant X shaped box. lame. thats the midset a child takes when designing. Microsoft knows exactly what's wrong with it, and they're more than capable of fixing it. as they've prooved.

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Oh wow not GREEN. Heaven forbid, especially when the PS2 had half of those colours (one could make a case that the basic black of PS2 is boring). Black and green are a good combo; look at the Borg. And with alternate colour choices available...

And additionally, black and green suits some peoples living space quite well.

Rumour has it Nintendo once made a console called Gamecube that was a literal cube! THE NERVE!

And surprise surprise, a lot of people into certain genres DO have tastes similar to one another. Like many people of my taste, I'm caring about performance, not appearance. The casual gamer can frankly go cry me a river if they want a pretty decoration instead of an effective console. (Who are they trying to impress with a several hundred dollars console anyway? Is their girlfriend going to dump them because their console doesn't match their dvd player?)

You seem to have problems understanding what I say regarding a few things.

The fact that you a) posit that the Xbox has no problems with heating and b) feel the exterior can be changed around a lot as long as the interior isn't touched shows a fair lack of knowledge. The Xbox DOES have problems with heating if it's not properly ventilated, and heaven forbid you keep it on a carpet (modern consoles do not fare well on carpet due to heat buildup). You're still going to end up with a fairly square, large case, so all you'd really get to do is "skin" the xbox and maybe remove the X on it.

Go ahead and ask gamers if the appearance of the console really matters. Odds are most adult gamers aren't going to care what the console looks like if it performs well and has the titles they want. For that matter, I've never met someone who complained about how "ugly" the Xbox is.

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Hmm, after reading the thread, I want to point out that if this turn into a flame war, I will lock it up.

Anyhow, people have different views when it comes to design and gameplay. Some people tend to buy the console just because of the specs, and some buy it because it's "cool" and "awesome looking" to have one. Sure, designs have a matter on this, I mean, who would want a big white box in the middle of the floor looking like a DHL delivery package? I don't really mind the designs, as long as the console will be steady and playable.

- Teddz

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Thank you!

It could look uglier than anything that you've seen in the world, but it's not gonna change the inside.

Nevertheless, i don't think i'll plan to get any of the new systems when they're released. Haven't seen any good games for 360's '05 release, and PS3 isn't here until 2006. Maybe when they get some games....

-Seishin

7. Orion

Orion Gears

Such as Gears of War, Dead Rising, HALO 3? Lookin anywhere in that department? Because those will fly off the shelves come release time, as will the 360. You'd better reserve one if you plan on getting one, if you don't you may end up waiting a while. I reserved min just to make sure I'm gonna get one, it's a smart idea.

-Ian