Recreation "Nice Guys" gather round

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mad_Hamish, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Man, I'm glad I don't consider myself a nice guy anymore.

If you do, or if your just curious. Read this article.
    http://www.heartless-*****es.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

From my 18 year stint as a nice guy I can say that this it totally true for me, it explains an awful lot and probably why my record for going out with someone is 4 months.

So nice guys beware, the chicks got your number, the jig is up.

any opinions on it?

2. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

stupid censorship.

just replace the ***** with b i t c h

3. Viper

Viper Guest

hey what kinda thread is this...
    and dont swear.

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Nice article, Nice guys do finish last (Well not everyone nice guys but..) It was interesting how the article pointed out the buying the loving type men, and the female predators out there, and in truth from the experience I have seen, it's actually true. You constantly buy a girl/women for their love, and when the girls/women dumps them because they can't afford what they want anymore, they scream and say "Every I did was for YOU!" (This has actually happened to two of my friends)

Listen guys, I may not be the best love expert here (Although in beat the crap out of someone, I'm pretty decent at that) but if your girlfriend only loves you for you get them or for popularity, DUMP THEIR ***, find someone else who likes you for who you are. This sound like a nice guy thing, but it's one of the best things to do in a relationship.

Either that or you can learn how to make you girl friend love by learning some lessons from a pimp:

*SLAP*
    "B****, YOU BEST TO LOVE ME, OR I'LL KILL YOUR A**!"

J/K:p

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

While I agree with a lot that's discussed on that site, it isn't all necessarily true. These are just cases, and as such, I don't believe every "nice guy", man, or woman were created equal. But I get what the article is implying, and it's an old discussion I've heard many a times - from what I was told:

The women ultimately want the nice guy, however, when it comes down to it, they usually end up pursuing the bad guy or bullies...

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I do love Myself DAMNIT!.. I think that artical is somewhat true.. but its also discribing a different type of nice guy..

But you can reverse that Artical and pic on women who feel its the job to change a Jerk..

KaMe

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

oh jebus.. now they're even saying insecurity is bad? Yet one more thing I do wrong, I suck :D

Sad and true. In life, it's all about the ability to talk yourself up, show no weakness, and refuse to admit that you're fallible.

That said, I am perfect, with nothing more I need to change

8. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Riiiiiight. I do love myself, Its the women that dont....lol....but seriously, this article is true in a few points, that there are men who are so lonely that theyll be nice to anything with boobs, and then there are men who are just...nice....and chivalrous...the ones that act nice to everyone, who spare some money to the less fortunate, whoi open doors for all peeple, not just women. Thats the type of man i am, and, well, there are some chicks that dig me. :D

SO EAT THAT HEARTLESS BIT_C_HES DOT COM!!!!!

^_^=

Laytaz

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Of course nice guys finish last! They let the bad people in front so they don't come up form behind and push anyone else out of the way.

Anyway, I'm all for chivalry, just like Archie (pardon the use of the name) said. I mean, I don't see a point where being a **** to everybody wins girls over. Sure, I *see* it happening, but I don't understand why. Okay, just don't take *that* in a literal sense.

And my girlfriend *is* my life, and I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, I want *her* to be happy, but that doesn't mean I'm lookin' out for my own happiness. I mean, the point of having a relationship is making each other happy, right? So, why look out for yourself only?

Gah, I don't get it. But if nice guys finish last, then I'd rather stay back here.

10. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Ye should go to the site and read this

http://www.heartless-*****es.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

of cours replace the ***** with b i t c h

It's damn funny. And written buy a guy too

I read some of the email responses people made to the articles.
    Man they got torn apart. They weren't kidding when they called themselves heartless *****es. That's some harsh ****.

But they aren't condeming all nice guys. Just the guys who , as ArchAngel Amada said, are so lonely that theyll be nice to anything with boobs. I know people like this and it's pretty sad. The whole putting women on a pedastal and worshipping them it's pathetic.
    The spineless, grovelers are just worms in my opinion. Calling them nice guys is kinda and offence to real nice guys.

11. c0ke

c0ke New Member

You know this is like that song by DMX
    Good Girls, Bad Guys

"Why do good girls like bad guys?"

12. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I know that I will regret what I am going to say right now..so if you are interested do read it, if you are not then dont..
    Its pretty boring though :sweat:

"To tell you the truth, I find bad boys (the ones that have tattoes and drive motor bikes) are sexier more than the good ones and fun to hang out with. But if you guys are talking about love and then marriage and stuff like these I would never take a bad boy as an option for my futured husband.

You see, when I will get married I want someone who loves me, has a job and can take a good care of my children.. from what I know that bad boys loves to go out with their friends more than staying with his wife and kids..and sometimes might hit them..

In general, bad boys are cool for hanging out with, but not marry and spend the rest of life with..
    Good boys are might not much fun but they are the best for a future husband.."

Thats it for big mouthed Zanza!! :p

13. MamiyaOtaru

Zanza: you tend to marry who you go out with

14. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Zanza Are you tying to discribe me.. I have a Tattoo and drive a motor Bike.. though i dont consider myself a BAD BOY

KaME

15. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Hold your tongue MO that means ill nevah get Married lol

16. MamiyaOtaru

lol

Oh well, who needs it anyway

17. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Not your little tattooes..I ment the ones that looks like a shirt on a guy's body! :p
    And you are not a bad boy at all!! :)

You mean in a date and see him if he was ok for me or not??!
    If that what you mean, then there would be a kinda long post after this!! :D

18. MamiyaOtaru

ok.. I'll amend that for you. You tend to marry the type of people you hang out with.

"To tell you the truth, I find bad boys (the ones that have tattoes and drive motor bikes) are sexier more than the good ones and fun to hang out with. "
    "In general, bad boys are cool for hanging out with, but not marry and spend the rest of life with.."

You're saying that after hanging out with 'bad boys,' once you get that marital urge you'll go find some relatively boring nice guy? What I am saying is, for better or worse, if you are hanging out with 'bad boys' you'll likely end up with one.
    the above has been my opinion. I have been known to be wrong. Zanza, if you feel like telling me I'm wrong in your case, fine. I may well be. Still, the above remains my opinion of people in general. There are always exceptions.

19. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

:sweat: I shouldn't butt in, but thats my nature. Guys that are confident in themselves, never disrespect their parents and know the basis of their own religion are considered (in my opinion) nice guys

MO, if a guy wants to marry someone at our country. He tells his parents about the girl that he desires to be his life parenter. Ok lets set an example
    If you MO was born here and want to marry for example : Lady Aoi.. you tell you're parents about it. Then your mom would speak to L.Aoi's mother and tell her about it. L.Aoi's parents would make a background check about MO and see if he is worthy of their daughter. If Lady Aoi agrees then in the engagement they get to know one another. If Lady Aoi didnt seem to like MO for whatever reason she could throw off the engagement. If she did then they tie the knot and tadah . . . they are a couple.

Well this is how it was done for my sister. Some people have other procedures, but .. [shrugs] I hope you got the general idea.
    So you could say that the engagement period may be considered as dating. =s

20. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Tooms, it's like an omiai then. An "engagement ceremony" where both parties get together and learn about each other and decide whether to accept the engagement or not. Although, omiai's are usually between fiancees. You're describing it as between both families as a whole?