Eirtaku Past event: Anime showing on Friday, 1st of Nov (Dublin)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kenshin, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Updated: Anime showing on Friday, 1st of November (Dublin)

EDIT: The anime will be Friday the 1st of Nov
    We'll be showing Spirited Away at 7pm in H5

Here's a map of how to get to H5:

http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~rwc/map/

I'm sorry about it being so late...

2. MrNewtype

MrNewtype New Member

Do you have a time in mind yet? I go home early on a Friday but won't mind staying a bit later since it's a Back Holiday weekend. If the time organised allowed enough time for me to catch the last bus I'd like to come.

I haven't seen Spirited Away myself, any good?

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Havent seen Spirited Away yet either, but it should be good...
    As for the time... hmmm... We could start at 3 or 4 or so I guess, if that allows for enough time for everyone to get here...

4. MrNewtype

MrNewtype New Member

That time would be good for me (3 especially). But as Spook (is that how you spell it?) once said "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

5. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

spock..

spook.. ffs :)

i can prob make it to dublin for that, not sure if I can be arsed though :)

we'll see how I feel later on, I'm quite bloody tired now.

6. Otkau

Otkau Guest

have a soul......

next friday would be better since its like hollers n such and you guys should play dragon half its great (if you can find it) it seriously is the funniest anime ever and i'd bet my back black soul on that.

7. discotenchi

discotenchi Guest

Hi,
    *New member so please excuse any naivety*

I just happen to come across this forum. I was wondering if the anime showings are open to any1?.. It would be handy, as i go 2trinity and happen to like anime.

As means of introduction... last dvds i bought were chobits vol1 and mahoromatic series1.. (sort of shows the type of anime i like, but i dont always confine myself to echii android/computer anime) :)

Aron

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Cool, discotenchi, I was hoping there would be more otacus in TCD... I'm in 4th year ICT atm, and you?

As for the anime thing, I'm seriously thinking about moving it to friday week, so dont make any plans for it yet!
    I'll edit the original post when I decide.
    And it's open to anyone, they dont have to be a student to go...

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I looked up your name... are you doing "4th year Computational Science: Chemistry" ?

10. Obey the fist

Obey the fist New Member

Bleh. I have a half day from School but I have to babysit. But Im getting paid for it and its going into the Christmas fund. And If I have €150 before 8th of November I can get Timespliters 2 or Burnout 2 on X-Box or some small game called Grand Theft Auto:Vice City by some scottish developer called DMA. Also. Its the end of term and I cant be arsed getting off my arse. Damn Collage students have it all. Grrrrrr.....

11. discotenchi

discotenchi Guest

Thats some good checking up work :)

Yeah ure right, SS Computational Chemistry (its funner than it sounds, honest!!) .. doing my project now, so i have kazaa downloading as much stuff as i can get.. fruits basket at the moment.

My girlfiend goes to maynooth, where they seem to show bucket loads of anime.. i only made it down once last year though.. trains never seem to work out at the times i want them. i always wondered why the sfsoc didnt show anime here..

I think regular anime nights in dublin wud be pretty cool, we deserve them :) ...next friday wud suit me better too.. going to a gig on friday (fugazi)

if you ever want a lend of stuff to show i can help out.. (i spend too much money on dvds)..

Aron

12. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Thanks, I'm a professional stalker :)
    And you say have Kazaa running in college? Kick ***
    We should burn copies of each other's stuff...

Yeah Maynooth seems to show a lot of stuff, I went there once with a friend... if it wasnt so far away... :(

I showed anime once with scifi soc last year and it was fun...
    I'm in the comittee of ducss this year, so I'll try to show stuff with them...
    If there's enuogh interest, we could do this regularly :)

Actually there are still a few things to sort out... Macneill is booked by scifi on fridays from 5-7, so I was thinking we could try and book Goldhall instead, but then we would need a laptop to play DVDs or DivXes...
    In any case, we'll be doing it next friday instead of this one.

13. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Next friday in the afternoon would suit me best. This friday I'll be in france, so that's not too great, and I'll probably be at aikido next friday in the evening, but I'd really like to see Spirited away.

14. discotenchi

discotenchi Guest

i dont think id be a good stalker, i cant even find info on me on tcd site, never mind anyone else :)

Macneil wud have been good.. i think goldsmith hall might be a bit too big, and theres an awful echo for sound. Theres a lovely lecture theater in the IAMS buuilding downstairs that gets rarely used, with speakers and stuff... but id says physics might be a bit funny with booking.

..in relation to burning.. most of my stuff is on dvd... i generally only get 1st episodes on divx to see if i like them, so i mightnt have anything u want :)
    divx list(most downloaded in the last 2weeks): fruist basket 1+2, mahoromatic making of special, .Hack 1, Love Hina Spring Special, RahXephon 1, and Mahoromatic Season2 ep1.. with witch hunter Robin currently downloading.. oh and non anime related buffy season 7 ep1+2

..somone(not me) went to a lot of hassle getting kazaa to work in college last year, on our computers.. im just reaping the rewards :D

Aron

15. MrNewtype

MrNewtype New Member

First of all a big 'ohayou' to discotenchi (these Japanese lessons are sure coming in handy now, 'eh Kenshin?).

Second of all, next Friday would be ok for me as well, and if it means having a significant increase in numbers then I would support such a postponment.

As long as its not set too late I'm alright. I think most Dublin students tend to have a short Friday anyway though I do not know your individual timetables (obviously).

16. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I guess you're right about Goldsmith hall, I just thought the screen there is huge, so it might be cool, but as we wont be that many people, I guess it doesnt matter if we use a smaller lecture theatre...
    The good thing about Macneill is that it's big and it has an iMac that can play DVDs... Is there any other place that already has a DVD player, or will we have to use a laptop?
    Btw, do you use Kazaa with a program called http-tunnel?

I guess Friday is the best day to have these things...
    Anyway, see you tonight in the japanese class, MrNewType :)

17. discotenchi

discotenchi Guest

id say macneill wud prob be the best.. can it play region 1/3?

we get kazaa via maths server... i wont give the details incase i get someone into trouble :)

Aron

18. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I think the player in Macneill is region free, the thing is, it's booked every friday by sci-fi :(

So I guess you have a proxy set up on the maths server, nice :)
    They put up a firewall on the netsoc server because people were using gnutella and things like that :(

19. MrNewtype

MrNewtype New Member

See ya, Kenshin.

Do you think you'll have decided when to show the anime by tonight (i.e. this Friday or next Friday)?

20. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

As it says in my edited first post, it'll be NEXT friday :)