Current Affairs PeTA has crossed the line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wertitis, Oct 22, 2005.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'm sure this is going to ruffle some feathers on both sides of the line.

It's the feature (comic) along the right side of the screen. Your Daddy Kills Animals (click on the image to load the full PDF leaflet)

Now they're targeting children.

It's one thing to protest your beliefs with other adults, but for god sakes, children?! They've gone too far this time.

They're flat out LYING.

What right do these people have to print this excessively violent newsletter and distribute them to children? Now they're screwing around with children who don't know any better and pitting them against thier parents with misleading propaganda.

Tonight I'm going Joe's Crabshack here in Virginia (Peta headquarters) just to spite them.

:mad:

~W

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Page 2 of pamphlet, what a crappy comic:

IMAGINE THAT A MAN DANGLES A PIECE OF CANDY IN FRONT OF YOU. YOU LOVE CANDY SO YOU REACH FOR IT. BUT, AS YOU GRAB THE CANDY, A HUGE METAL HOOK STABS THROUGH YOUR HAND AND YOU'RE RIPPED OFF THE GROUND. YOU FIGHT TO GET AWAY, BUT IT DOESN'T DO ANY GOOD. YOU ARE CAUGHT, AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.
    YOU'D FEEL REALLY SCARED, WOULDN'T YOU?
    THAT WOULD BE AN AWFUL TRICK TO PLAY ON SOMEONE, WOULDN'T IT?

BUT GUESS WHAT?
    YOUR DADDY PLAYS THAT SAME WICKED TRICK ON FISH
    AND FISH GET SCARED TOO!

Lol, I read this out loud and then I ended up sounding like Adam Sandler. It's pretty sad they have to go to these kinds of measures to get their point across.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

PETA has been absolutely insane for a long time, this is just another reason to be disgusted with the organization.

4. Tar.Aldarion

Tar.Aldarion New Member

They are hurting us vegetarians rather than helping....oh sigh!

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

MP3 time!
    http://media.putfile.com/PETA36

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

That was awesome Neph.. but get back to your realllll work! :p

7. Tar.Aldarion

Tar.Aldarion New Member

8. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

hahahaha! nice one neph.

but i agree with them stop killing the fish! one of my pets is a fish it says "let my people go!"

im joking really

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Neph is the god of mocking people with MP3s.

Really though, PETA has just gone overboard. It's really impossible to accomplish their goals of never harming another animal. I can name dozens of instances where something seemingly innocent actually does that.

But whatever, they've got freedom of speech, just as we have the freedom to ignore them.

10. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

peta is stupid plain and simple

send them to mexico and south east asia where dogs cats and monkeys are on the menu

where can I get an Alf, Efl and peta hunting licenses
    just joking on the hunting license

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I got a pet dolphin.. just last night it said "So long, and thanks for all the fish."

12. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

omg where do you keep it! :rolleyes:

but seriously it's not like they don't eat the fish after they catch it, so its not a waste.

13. wertitis

I don't have a problem with PeTA's stance on fishing; it's thier god given right to voice thier opinions. It's when they start screwing with the heads of kids who don't know any better that I start to raise the BS flag. If they have a problem with something they should address those causing the problem.

You know who else tries to use violence and shock to influence children to believe like them?

Certain Islamic fundementalist terrorist groups.

~W

14. Tar.Aldarion

Tar.Aldarion New Member

I'm pretty sure it's not the fact that stuff is wasted that upsets people :)

15. wertitis

PeTA is on a god-sent crusade to end all forms of animal/human interactions. If you examine their site closely you see that they are against people eating animals, wearing fur or even wool, hunting, milking, owning pets, using animals for entertainment of any kind, riding animals of any kind, using animals for labor of any kind, using seeing eye dogs, the use of animals for research, Zoo's and killing animals for any reason (sanctity of life, right?). They say thier stance is leave all animals alone.

While myself, and most sane Americans, do not necessarily agree with this line of thought, it is their right to say what they feel. It's their methods of forcing their beliefs on others and their blatant hypocrisy that I have my qualms about.

Remember, PeTA is for the ethical treatment of animals, right?

Genocide.

Genocide is ethical.

You know who else thought of this? Clicky Clicky

He started out neutering but got impatient and began using more 'volatile' methods.

So cast your pets away because providing them with a home, food, doctor and dental care, and a lazy, relaxed lifestyle, completely happy and content is wrong.

How DARE you.

Frankly these guys don't know what they're saying. They kill more animals a year than they help (Source: www.petakillsanimals.com ). According to John Bryant, one of their "spokesmen", little kids SHOULD hand their kitties and doggies over to Death-crazed Daddy- We need to start purifying the cat population and weed out the domestic house cat forever. Next on the list are dogs with no real purpose (or an extremely low projected survival rate out in the wild): Pugs, Dachshunds, and Chihuahuas. So much for sanctity of life.

I am all for animals being treated kind and ethically, I am also for raising animals to be consumed by man, and I am against the poor treatment of animals of any kind. I am NOT for giving animals more rights than humans, for genetically cleansing any animal population, or for forcing the mass population to go Vegan. Call me elitist but animals are not humans and should not be treated as such, house cats have just as much right to continue living on earth as bobcats, and the individual has no right making decisions for the masses, end of story.

Sources:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

http://www.anti-peta.com/

http://www.huntersunite.com/peta.htm

http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~powlesla/personal/hunting/rights/pets.txt

~W

1 person likes this.
  16. Orion

Orion Gears

Truly scary. :D

Man, when will it all end? :rolleyes: That was a great movie.

17. Tar.Aldarion

Tar.Aldarion New Member

I agree with them on everything there apart from the pet bit,it's better to give an animal a loving home and to take care of it well.
    Unlike them however,I am not pyschotic.They are ridiculous disgraces to people that believe what they do and are sane.
    The rest of your post proves that they are just pathetic.
    Unlike you though i think animals and humans are equal,we are just animals after all.There is no difference killing an animal from a human for me but at least when people kill animals for food they are not killing out of malicousness.Not that that soothes me.

18. wertitis

Food chain my boy. We're at the top. If you want to add religion into this God wouldn't have made us omnivores if he didn't want us to eat other critters. Mankind has been consuming meat since before the missing link, we're no different than the lion, tiger, bear, wolf.

Your stance on this is your stance and you have every right to believe however you want to believe, but I must disagree with humans and animals being equal. To be frank, we're not. Animals, though we may be, we are still animals that have risen above all the others and have enstablished ourselves supreme on this planet. We know right from wrong and that alone sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

I agree that both humans and animals should be treated with care and respect. They both should be treated with kindness and in a humane manner. Abuse of an animal is really no different than abuse of a person. The thing is we are all people, and as a result we sympathize more with a person who is abused than an animal, which is why laws are much more harsh for human abuse (or assault) than animal abuse.

I suppose I sound a little biased, but then again I am a human being.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks PeTA sucks. There are better ways to help the critters of the earth than firebombing innocent people's work places, or lying to little kids.

~W

19. Tar.Aldarion

Tar.Aldarion New Member

No I don't want to bring God into this,Agnostic and for good reasons :)
    You say we were made omnivores?
    From biology books i have read humans have the same chemistry and biology as herbivores,from hands,feet,teeth to intestinal tract.our closest animal relatives,apes,have nearly 100% vegetarian diet eating small animals that they see moving around now and again.some like the silverback with it's damn frightening teeth are completely vegetarian.Protein arguement is pretty weak as people from various places in the world have been vegan for over 5,000 years and things like prunes have more protein than lamb etc.A lot of people eat more meat in a day than is recommended for them to eat in a week or two and it's not even a great deal of meat.

Here's a link kinda about that,
    http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

You say we are no different from animals yet later you say we alone know the difference from right and wrong.Your reasoning for eating meat is that we are but animals too and there is a food chain but it is this ability that we have evolved to have,knowing the difference from right and wrong that should separate us from acting like less capable creatures.
    But anyway I hate writing and writing,feel too much like a religion.
    There are many reasons I chose to stop eating meat and all that stuff ranging from ethics to starvation in the world due to what people eat and here is a little taste of my rants :p
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3194225&postcount=3

That's why I believe that we should not act like an animal that does not know better.Animals that eat meat need it to survive,that is not the case for us.Meat is my favourite food,infact i hate nearly everything apart from it but some things are just more important than pleasure for me.

Ah empathy,that is why most people can kill a spider yet find killing a dog abhorrent.I understand it but for me it is irrational.Infact it would be harder for me to kill something defenseless over something less so, like a human.
    I can understand how humans put themselves first though.It's an instinct that people find hard to overcome.
    PETA SUCK! :)

Sorry bout my rantings..

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Blatently false, because if we did have the exact same chemistry and biology we wouldn't have the capability to digest meat. The enzymes are part of us for a reason: we evolved from omnivores (or into them). We also have canine teeth, which are not typically seen in herbivores.

So tell me again why ancient peoples enjoyed hunting? Why there are cave paintings detailing hunts, and Native Americans would outright kill an animal and use every part of it, for food and for craft? Yes, there were cold winters, but not every part of the globe had to deal with that, and yet hunting happened pretty much everywhere.