Debate Religion What is it????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Dreams, Sep 30, 2003.

?

Religion is.........

1. The most important thing ever how dare you question it's importance

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Church

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. the thing my parents make me do

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Crazy Lunatics singing and mumbling

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Wandering Soul

Wandering Soul New Member

it's the singing and the dancing!! and my grandma makes me got to church when she visits but i try to sleep it off ^-^

2. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

To tell you the truth i have....no religion. I have no reason to believe in one also. But dont get me wrong...i still have respect for them. I need proof...i will not follow anything that im not sure of.

3. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Well, to me, it is the most important thing in my life. Nothing takes presidence over it. And that is the way it is.

4. Vicious

But the question is why???

5. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Just because, my parent brought me to church, and i opened up to it. I believe anything the bible tells me.

Why?

Because i chose to.

6. Vicious

alright...i just wanted to know
    and plus i dont want to start an argument about religion.

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You do know that apparently there is a passage that says you can't have a shirt that uses more than one material.

YOU BETTER BE WEARING 100% COTTON OR YOU'RE ON THE HIGHWAY TO HELL!:p

8. Vicious

Theres actually something like that..........did they even have shirts back then....i was thinkin they all had robes or something like that.

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Don't believe me? Bam.

10. Vicious

We do all of that today....except planting 2 seeds on the same feild. We know thats not effective. So many rules...to follow and we dont know if its the truth...what will be the outcome.

11. Novus

Novus Gone

Leviticus is an interesting book to quote because of how outdated and full of **** it is. Consider that it was written thousands of years ago. There was probably a reason back then for things like that. Also consider that much of the "Old Testament" is metaphorical and symbolic rather than literal.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

And what about the crazy fundies who believe that every single word of the Bible, old and new testament, is THE literal truth?

13. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I myself am not religious person. I do beleave in superere beings but not god.
    Question: Someone dies and the persons family wounders way, some say it was gods will, how is that different then if a person kills someone, is it okay if god desides if it okay for some to go without asking them? I say NO !!!!!!!!!

14. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Although not condoning it as, for all I care, God can choke on a cockroach...

It is kind of up to God to decide, y'know? :p I mean, if he's real and all. I mean, he made us, we're his puppets and chess pieces, he can do with us as he wills. Only thing we can do is flip him the bird every morning we wake up. :p (Yeah, *****, Loki style).

Or you could always try to fist-fight God, that'd be fun to see.

15. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I agree with you ~Zack~, But if God gave us free will to do what we want then we should be abile to deside not to be his puppets.

And I think that whaching some fist-fight God would be fun to whach. (yAAAAAAAAA go the other guy)

16. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Unfortunately, our free will is never and never was really much of "Free Will"...

S'kind of like when you get a job...

You can CHOOSE to do the work that you've been issued, but as your superior, your Boss/Employer has the right to kick you out and fire your lazy ***. S'the way the world works, and frankly, I don't like it... I'm going to go blow up the Earth now, buh bye.

17. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

WOW wow wow ~Zack~ blowing up the Earth, that a little much isn't it, I..., I mean we all still need a place to live.
    But back on typic, I refuse to think of him as superere, and MY FreeWill is real just as yours is. What you deside to do is your chose and no one elses, not even him.:anger2:

18. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Unfortunately, you can't really just say that you can do what you want and he can't stop ya', 'cause, as some people may believe it to be, eventually you're going to die and that's going to be on his terms. :p

19. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

Says you, I know I'm not dieing an time soon. And we'll just see whats up whin I die.

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

How do you know? For all you know you could die in a horrible car accident tomorrow morning. Never say never.