Art Sketch Only Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sen, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Tsuno2k7

Tsuno2k7 New Member

how do you post up pictures?

2. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

click manage attachment then load up pic once its been loaded click on page again and than click insert image*above the page is where it should be*

3. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

New sketch for my manga, it's Quil (yeah Rem, it's the "new" version, not the one featuring my old-timer website) after he took off his blinker (bandana covering both eyes). It's something he only does when all other options are naught. His right arm (filled with dark Ki) begins to vend smoke when that happens. Uh no more details now, this is a sketch I made up in about an hour.

[​IMG]

4. edgefree

edgefree New Member

woah what happened to his other ear o_O' ?! nice sketch, like the hidden face n all.

5. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

I forgot to draw the other ear on, got too carried away with the shading and anatomy ^^;;
    It's fixed now, but i'm going to scan it later

FIXED IT

6. Rem

Rem New Member

*huggles superfly and quil*

yey!!! ^_^. I love it it rocks yes it does *nods* I love the way his face is hidden and those eyes, damn hypnotic ^_^. Quil is my favourite. ^_^

xx

(my boyfriend has agreed to let me post some of the blood sin concepts and watercolours)

7. Yugi_Boy

Yugi_Boy New Member

I just wanted to show a drawing I made. Hope you guys like it. :anime:

Attached Files:

8. Rem

Rem New Member

^_^, some new sketches.

2 new character designs and 1 fanart sketch that I need help with.

1st character: elisa, shes the slutty one from our manga Blood Sin. (I am not aloud to give you any information on the characters anymore, hate my boyfriend :( )

2nd character: Cherrie: The cute one, yay, I finally got a cute one in this project ^_^. She loves cute things and has a secret crush on Elisa (I know, no hentai is involved with this manga so dont worry)

The fanart is of Lulu from ff10, this time its not a copy but its from my own mind, in my own style. What I need help with are the lips, I cant seem to get them right.

any help guys?

Oh yeah, heres what was meant to be the first panel of Blood Sin pilot issue, but the author changed his mind about the pilot after I did it. Its an example of what a more detailed page will look like. Go see it here
    Also, I dont think most of you have looked at my wayercolours, go on ^_^ take a look, need as much critisism as I can get. Two newest watercolours here and here

yay ^_^

thanks
    Yugi boy, thats a really cute picture, watch how you draw breasts tho, the one nearest the screen looks wrong. I like it, reminds me of love hina.

xx

Attached Files:

9. Ace

Ace New Member

I thought I would post up a new piece, I'm not even gonna ask if you remember me but here is something I came up with... I'm thinking of redoing it, but I would like some advice on things I can do better. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's at the stage where I'm not sure when to call it quits and I don't want to keep going and ruin what I have....

Oh and I will be checking the latest stuff I have missed but Superfly, Quil's new design is awesome. Well take a look please...

Attached Files:

10. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

hi all...long time no see. i can see allot of great new sketches here!
    a new sketch i made few mnts ago! clark-KOF...

Attached Files:

11. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Sketch of Armane, gotto keep the main hero in my manga in shape instead of focusing alot on Quil...
    :anime:
    Meh, I just wanted to sketch him, the anatomy isn't so great in my opinion.

Attached Files:

12. Rem

Rem New Member

No one seems to be critisising any more. Hmmm, come on we can take it!!. ^_^.
    Well Superfly for the first time ever, I actually have some critisism for one of your pictures. Your Armane picture, you are correct the anatomy isnt your best, the only thing I see is thet his arm, where it connects to the elbow, it go's really thin as if there is no muscle at the elbow. But thats it, The rest is superb. ^_^

xx

13. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

heres one i drew yesterday hope you like it.its not one of my best and not one of my worst so here it is.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. ~CP~

~CP~ New Member

Hey everyone, just thought I'd post a little sketch with the inked version. Later :anime:

15. Dante

Dante New Member

Well actually I was trying not to comment because I know when I post a picture everyone will remember it and they'll tear into me. ;P Just for further note I SHOULD hopefully have a half-finished picture up tomorrow.

Anyways... okay, let's do this...

CP: A cute little pic, not much to say.. yeah.. it seems to have a slight Akira Toriyama touch to it. Nice job on the little bits of shading and lighting though.

vash the stampede: I can't say much for the picture itself though I'll give you credit for the shading, something I couldn't do if my bloody, flaming life depended on it. ;P But, yeah, shading you did a very good job on

Superfly: Ah, alas, another great art from you. >: You bastard. Anyways... I actually missed the elbow-joint that Rem pointed out until I read her comment. What I was looking at was his neck. I don't know, it might just be me but his neck looks abnormally long. :\ Though he's got a nice ***. So that's a plus. Like that hair, too.

child of sin: I can't say I LIKE the character but I like the picture, very neat and clean and everything seems to be in proportion and such though for some reason with the way the hat is done it makes it look as if his head is abnormally long. :p

Ace: This one looks to have come out very good, though there is something about the nose and the right (farside) eye, can't quite put my finger on it but it looks slightly strange. I don't really know. But, yeah.. overall, good picture.

That's as far as I'm going for now. >: I have to work on my picture so you people can take shots at me when I post it. :p

PS: Happy Birthday, Rem.

16. Rem

Rem New Member

YEY, critisism. Vash, you are getting much better, its not bad at all. CP its so cute ^_^. I like it.

Thanks for the happy borthday Amon.

xx

17. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

ufff, havent been here in a while, have i?

Ace: pic has a good feeling to it, careful with the eye, that angle is really difficult! good job

CoS: always great to see you artwork around^^ picture great as always

SuperFly: from the waist and above is exellent.

VAsh: remember to try and give your characters a more natural look, he looks so tense.

Todd: hehe nice one^^ good expression and movement and the other things i told you before :)

omg no more pics from REM??? whats happening!! :O T__T

18. Ace

Ace New Member

Thank you for your comments Amon Sena and Chejo, and the far side eye has really bugged me alot in that one. I redone it so many times the paper became a grey after the continous erasings. I think I am trying to include too much of the far eye in what would actually be visible. I appreciate the compliments too.

Well gotta get back to working now.

19. Rem

Rem New Member

Yeah, sorry guys, I havnt been posting any images lately. Thats because I am working on mine and my boyfriends cosplay outfits. I will be Lulu and he will be Vincent Valentine. I have been sketching the designs and layouts, taking measurements, ammending my continuouse mistakes 0_o. Its going to be a hard project. Vincents clothing is easy but his arm claw will be hard, and those boots, were the hell am I going to find mens knee high browm boots in a size 13 (uk size) Thats huge. Lulus will be even harder. The skirt wont be to hard its just trying to find the right material, because all those belts will be heavy and need a strong material to be sewn too. The moogle will be easy too. The hair on the other hand is hard, it will be my own hair so I will have to walk around for about a week with my hair in thin french plaits and huge fringe bits (imagine the looks ^_^). I would rather buy the hairsticks if I could. The necklaces are easy. But I plan to make one of her armours too.

gah, it will be long and arduose

(I know I cant spell nah to you lol)

So if you dont see much from me for a while you know why. I will put pictures of the outfit up tho. ^_^

xxxx

20. Dante

Dante New Member

Sheesh.. I would've cosplayed as something simple, like Wolfwood (Trigun) or something. >P Can't get much easier than that. ;P But good luck on the whole cosplay thing, hope to see you back posting art again soon. And yeah, pics of the costumes would be groovy to see.