Art Sketch Only Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sen, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Rem

Rem New Member

I was wondering the same thing, I think he disapeared after we hounded him because he said he was hired by shonen jump and upon asking to see a sample of his manga he disapeared.

god spelling really sucks.

Anyway. Polaris I cant veiw your pics.

xx

2. ~CP~

~CP~ New Member

He wasn't hired by Shonen Jump, he was hired by me. I didn't know he stopped coming here though. He'll probably be back sooner or later, I think he's just busy with his manga.

3. Rem

Rem New Member

Ohhh, you hired him, still doesnt explain why he has "shonen jump studios" under his avatar?. Anyway how did you hire him?

xx

4. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

about five days ago i forgot my msn open(as usual >_<) and when i was about to go to bed i saw he tried to talk to me... sorry nito-san, i wasnt around!! and where are you?

ive been kinda missing too, but no one noticed it :sad: XD

5. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Realism sketch! MAde this one in school, spend about 3-4 hours on it...
    [​IMG]

6. scare

scare New Member

supafly~, that is an amazing sketch! the shading is really well done ^__^

edgefree, i lovelove your drawings, specially pose no 1... you should cg it :D! and the girl's real pretty too ^^

Polaris, great sketches! the fairy is very beautiful ^_^ nice wings! and the boy's really cool too :D yay~

7. edgefree

edgefree New Member

ja

thanx Scare, however I still need to get with grips with photoshop tis hard! maybe someone out there could cg it in for! (hinthinthint)
    Rah man! nice fairy love the fingers i can never do like delicate pettie fingers but its a nice style of drawing! RAHRAHRAH! L8ters all!

8. ~CP~

~CP~ New Member

Hey everyone, heres a little sketch I drew for a friend. I don't think it's to bad for a ten minuter, but something about it is bugging the hell out of me. It's gonna be posted on my site in my manga sections sketch area as soon as I get the flash html working properly. Anyway, comments and critisisizm please.

*Just wanted to add, it's not really a sketch, but not really a cg, so I posted it here.* :sweat:

**That little thing beside my signature, before it's mistaken for something very sick and unusual. It's actually a pogo, the kind you eat. It's a long story, but I saw it on a pretty funny little flash anime movie about a Soy Sauce superhero.**

9. Rem

Rem New Member

^_^,
    Ahhh Superfly, awesome as usual (never get tired of saying that to you). I remeber when I was in Art class, we had to do something like that with masks (I may be repeating myself :sweat2: ) Fantastic. CP, You are improving lots, and the pogo, is that some kind of lolly pop?. I really like the guy in the background nice face shot. Good action pose too ^_^.

Well as you all know or dont know, Project Blowfish's new project is now a fantasy, vampiric demon type thing instead of cyberpunk (my boyfriend decided this after I called him a "Blood sucking weirdo" hes not really just weird)

Well, I have been working hard on the two main characters (I wont give too much away) I have come up with a character sheet for both of them.

The first one's name is Reyals (everything will be explained in the manga or a bios page) He is the main character (you know, the cool guy who can be serious alot but hes really an idiot deep down). But he has a really cool sword XD. That is where the vampires and demons come it, he hunts them (for some reason, my boyfriend knows I dont tho (whys that then?))

The second one's name is John Gray (plain name I know I wanted something more elaborate but again my boyfriend wanted this name gah) He is the secondary main character. Intel gathering with a short fuse and an evil intent (only when provoked) Hes insane anyway. Cute glasses tho ^_^. He has his own van dont you know.

lol anyway in Reyals's sheet I have tried 2 new face poses (the one where he looks evil and is looking down, with the aid of a mirror, I think its ok) And the one that looks totaly screwed up where hes meant to be tilting his head down and looking up, I hate that one. Oh yeah and that 3 quarter at the top hate that too. (I hate my own art anyway :sweat2: )

Ohh yeah I still havnt told you the name of it yet its called:

Blood Sin (or BloodSin, or Blood-Sin)

Theres also a nifty trick with his sword but I wont tell you because it would give too much away ^_^. I keep ya posted on progress.

Obviously there will be characters that they meet on their merry way (I am trying to push a clutsy girl who has a crush on one of them into it but I am getting fought back with demons and coffee.)

xxx

Attached Files:

10. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Oh vampire story, neat. Don't tell me it's because of the Van Helsing movie or so, who knows what kind of crazes and hypes it'll bring with o_O

I have a vampire hunter girl in my story as well, but she's only in the 4th part of the story, and she uhhmmm can't tell.
    She carries a gun (with silver bullets none the less) with the inscription "Deus Ex Machina" litterally meaning "god from a box", she sees God as a punisher and well, can't say any more now.
    Errr new pic, i could take mask number 1 for my assignement, so i added some color in it. It's all pencil, and colored pencils.
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

11. Rem

Rem New Member

Nope, its not because of van hellsing, by boyfriend has changed his mind now, its not a vampire story, it has vampires there but its not about vampires. Gahhhh, also My latest CG has been rejected by a site called Epilouge art. Grrr, first they say its not fantasy, like an elf and a unicorn isnt fantasy :anger2: . Then they say it isnr their quality, evern though they say that they support artists of any level. Like hell, I hate that site now. Anyway I hav a new sketch, its a castle for our manga, I am going to water colour it. Sorry in a bad mood.

And I really think that mask no 1 is the best and it looks great with the colour ^_^.

xxx

Attached Files:

12. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

thats a little scary Superfly, good one!! :)

nice character design Rem, the story sounds interesting, lots of good luck in your project!!

what do you mean they rejected your drawing??? aaargh :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: :anger2: :anger2:
    those bastards...aarrrghh...aaahh just,, argh, just dont pay them any attention, you know we all love you :)

castle is looking sweet, good job :)

13. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Nice castle Rem, though the little fingles and thingies on top of each towers look a bit too organic to be placed on a castle.
    They would look great in a silhouet though.

Another sketch of mine i made up in school, it's the antagonistic group of Never End. From left to right:
    Iago (The Puppet) - Mr. Phantom - Victor Fuuga - Slade McKain (Legion)

Iago is a partially wooden puppet, controlled by a weird puppetlike creature floating right in front of his body. Since Iago's body, except for his arms, is human, the puppet can still express emotion through Iago's face. (the puppeteer itself doesn't have a face)

Mr. Phantom is practically an invisible man, wairing a mask, and always bleeding or showing traces of it out of his left eye, the only visible one. It's the only part of him which remained mortal after he murdered his one true love. Mr. Phantom is using finger claws, only in rare occasions though: he prefers red wine and listening the Moonlight Sonata far above fighting and wiping out mankind...

Victor Fuuga is also one of the 4, he's a vampire. He tries to eliminate mankind by turning them into an undead army, thus they seek out eachothers kind, and so mankind will destroy itself.
    He is being hunted by a vampire hunter girl with the gun named "Deus Ex Machina".

Last, Slade McKain, he was assigned to collect all Berserker Souls, and he was also the one who destroyed Armane's and Anaïs native villages. But doing this broke the seals which held the Berserker Souls captive, and they found their hosts in Armane, and later, another one in Anaïs. Slade though he wouldn't make the same mistake twice... Guess again.
    Now Armane is hunting this paticulear person in order to seek answers.
    Slade has the posture of a paladin, thus he carries a large sword.

Okay that's enough, enjoy the picture.
    Yes I know Victor's hand look off, very sorry... :(

Attached Files:

14. Rem

Rem New Member

Thats really cool superfly. I am confused, you talk as if people have read alot of your manga, I havnt, where is it?. Am I missing something?.

Thanks for the tip on the castle.

xx

15. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Nah, I'm just being careless with plot items ^^;;
    I guess it's just required to read all of my other posts concering my story if you want to get a decent view on things.
    Plus, I usually talk with other people who know me for a few years so they sort of know the characters and plot so far.
    :sad:

16. edgefree

edgefree New Member

Rah, nice castle Rem! and the guy with the sword muahahaa!
    Superfly I really like your sketches n checked out your manga...can't wait for more! Keep it all up!

17. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

hehe, im working on a naruto fan-art, not exactly fan-art...but naruto inspired XD, itll be my two fav. girls with ninja clothing and such, im trying to come up with good poses, tell me what do you think :)

[​IMG]

not clothed yet since im still working on it, i grabbed an old drawing to practice the design attached below

Attached Files:

18. Night-Reaper

Night-Reaper New Member

All of the above ^ Great drawings keep it up:)

19. Rem

Rem New Member

ahhh, kawaii!!. The cute ninja's are always the most deadly ^_^. I love them both.

I am sad because as you know I am working on Blood Sin, but my boyfriend wont let me post any more of the concept art, or even my new watercolour of Reyals, he says it will give to much away. What I can tell you is:

We are working on a pilot issue first, about 20 pages long, my black ink will take a bashing, because Reyal's boots are black gah. Lol, but I promise as soon as the pilot is done you guys will be the first to see it.

For Nigth Reaper, just in case you diddnt know and are confused about what I am ranting about. I am the artist, colour, inker and character design for Project Blowfish, (2 person team) gah. Our first project was, memories, you can veiw it by clicking the link in my sig. Our second project, our first attempt at a series is called Blood Sin, read back in the posts to get a better veiw of the story and characters so far.

I am not sure how many volums it will be tho ^_^.

Yay, so I cant post much art now, only thing I can post will be non related Blood Sin stuff :sad:

xxx

20. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I feel strange posting something here with top-notch artists, but why not?

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      9.7 KB
      Views: