Art Sketch Only Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sen, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Nice picture of Kerrigan, Rem, now draw one with Ark included, maybe also with monkey and duck... :anime:
    Legendary Frog rules^^

2. vash the stampede

vash the stampede New Member

hey thanx rem your pics are good too but remember you can always do better ,maybe thats what helped me get better what really helped was alot of hard work and a whole bunch of critisizm i mean alot.but i actually started to really get into anime when i was ten i'll post a pic later.

HEY REM look at this one i drew it when iwas only ten its like the first anime pic i ever drew thats worth lookin at.
    PS:just remember i was only ten years old[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Heres a pic i posted on another site.
    [​IMG]
    I've been told that the head is a little big, and any other suggestions would be helpful.

4. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

the bottom part of the neck is way thicker than the upper part of it, eyes are bit too big
    (I'm sorry ^^;;) and the boobs are my biggest complains

5. vash the stampede

hey who deleted my post??kain thats good you need to work on the face a bit try looking at a pic and drawing it than post it here i want to see it and how old are you???

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

vash I've been MERGING your post.. since you can edit them instead of making a whole new post...

7. vash the stampede

Oh im sorry i'll try to do that more. :sweat2:

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

SaberJ2X: thanks for the tips i'll try again when i do another pic.
    vash the stampede: i'm 19. And this was one of my better pics so that why i posted it.

I'm still only really learning how to draw so i thought that a little constructive criticism would do me good. I tried to get the neck to blend into the shoulders but i think i should have kept the thickness the same the whole way down. And i'm a big fan of anime eye's that why i draw them a little big. Thanks for the tips, and anyone else who has some info then please let me know. Now i really have to focue on drawing the hands.(which i'm the worst at)

9. vash the stampede

I agree with you on critisizm i got a whole lot of it from my family my bro mostly but now i can sho em up

10. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

thank you every one n_n, and i really like your comments sena!! thatnk you for the cricts you gave to me!! i didn't hear comment of that type since i was at LEDHEAVY forums ^_0. arigato

ow..an i can see more and more of nice sketches around. so i would like to comment too ^_^.

i like your's rem, and i think it will be better if you do your colors on PC! gambatte kudasai!

vash, you posted an ammount of cool and sugoi art down there!! i only recomend to change the type of papers you use to draw (use a normal A4 printing paper!)!! and take care of your pencils by doing the 2 step pencil sketching...the first is to scrach and the second is to do the final pencil on it!

blue tiger, it seem's nice, but please post a bigger vir of it.

i did anew sketch too, and i went american this time ^_<!! a fan art of spawn! hope you all like it. PEACE

note:to view a larger virsion of the pic go here!

Attached Files:

11. vash the stampede

thats awwesome great job :anime: .ive tried doing what you said and using a lighter pencil first but i just end up doing it the same way every time :anime:

12. Dante

Dante New Member

Hum. Interesting picture of Spawn there, Child. He looks quite different from how I remember him but then again I was only into Spawn when he was "old skool" back around when he first came out... now I understand they have all these different, stupid Spawn comics out. Anyways... first what I like. The cloak. The cloak is great, positively great detail and you did a great job of making it look tattered. Second is the chains, namely the ends how the part further away just seems to disappear into the endlessness that is the Spawn's shroud, the second would have to be the front, how it just sort of blurs when coming towards us to show that it's in motion. I also like the spikes on his arms, those were really well done. However... to me it seems as if he is too beefed. I mean, he looks like the Shrunken-Head guy from the Beetlejuice movie, his head just looks microscopic compared to the rest of the body and those arms are just hideously buffed up. Of course, as I said, it may be how some new Spawn looks.. and.. if so.. that's really depressing. :\

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

that spawn is really a kick *** drawing!! AAA for sure

14. Rem

Rem New Member

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEE, lol hyperactive ^_^', That spawn picture is awseome ^_^. Yey Superfly!!!! You know Legendary frog ^_^. Kerrigan is cute no?. Computer coloured versions soon. Oh and Vash, I was about to say the same thing to you about the "just always think you can do better" thing ^_^. Whenever I sit down and draw something I say "this will be the best one yet" when I finish it I usually say "meh" lol ^_^. Anyway 1 new pic for you guys, a little different from usual.

Howdy pardners.

Pencil sketched then inked, I used a new technique for inking here, combinated it with pencil shade. I hate the way the girl looks but hey tis all about the horses!!!!. ^_^ Yup she be too big for that horse me thinks :sweat2:

xxxx

Attached Files:

15. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Thats really cool Rem. My favorite part it the hair on the horse, it looks like it's flowing like a river espesally the tail.
    Sin: Damn. Thats a brilliant pic of Spawn.

16. scare

scare New Member

Wow! Both pictures are very lovely! The spawn one has very good perspective and style!! ^__^ wow!

And... Rem, your cowgirl is great! Love the horse, ^__^... the legs are very graceful and nicely done ^__^~ she's also very pretty!

17. Rem

Rem New Member

Thanks,
    I wasn't expecting feedback like that, cuz I just thought it was generally meh.

xx

18. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Nice horse Rem, though the horse itself looks better than the girl riding it (don't kill meeee.... ;_; )
    Here's a sketch for a character in my story, which'll come in the second "saga" to say it DBZ-wise..
    Named her after my one looooove... Jasmine^^
    [​IMG]

19. Christabel

Christabel New Member

very nice sketch Superfly. hmm the thing on her hand reminds me of the ninja dude from the village of sound in naruto. too much naruto for me... :sweat2:

20. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

This is the first time in a while I've posted any pics...Heh. Hope they're ok. :sweat2:

www.geocities.com/cloudy_rikku/away.html
    Heh......

www.geocities.com/cloudy_rikku/beauty.html
    I have no idea who this girl is. I just made her up on day.

www.geocities.com/cloudy_rikku/dragonqueen.html
    she dosn't look to happy.....

www.geocities.com/cloudy_rikku/family.html
    heh, the two with light hair are saposed to be twins. Do they look it?

www.geocities.com/cloudy_rikku/sateens.html
    this one got a little wierd in the scanner at the bottom.........

So what do you think?