RPG Archives star wars:the rpg

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bloodberry, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Maybe *I* should be the padawan... I don't have *any* book access though... I'd have to live completely on what you send me. I'd do it too! I'd be the quirkiest padawan ever! or maybe not... but I'd make sure to have some fun with it!

If you want me as a Padawan, send me the info!

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~
    keitaro@trigun.com
    or pm it to me, or print it in a post, or whatever you choose

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe ok...congrates to the lucky jedi guardian...hehe (oh goody heheheheh) think the old batman and robin stuff...have fun...ok, i'll send ya stuff tomorrow...or sometime...and well, kame's kinda going without also...he has a lil access and i helped him set it up in the chat room, so...well, still have skills and feats left...and equipment is easy...(tho, chris says i was too nice letting him pick out 1 of the 3 sets of stats i rolled..lol but, i'll get ya the stuff...there's a little bit a bit farther back i know...there's a bit of a change what with the revised rules...but i'll set that stuff out...i need to find where that is in the book lol

3. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Guardian? I thought you said Padawan... oh well!
    I can roll up here, I have dice, just tell me the convention (4d6 remove lowest, 3d6, base of 10 in each stat, add points...) and I'll follow it

In the meantime... oh wait.. I can't think of what else I could do immediately...

Ja!
    -UK

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it's the same thing...just, the game gives it a class name to work with is all...dinna worry...*^-^* you'll still be my little whipping boy...eep...did i just type that?*^-^*

5. YokoburiKinura

Yeah, I think I remember a progression of 'titles' (like in old AD&D) with the Jedi Guardian before the Revision. You start out officially a Padawan, and don't get to be called a Knight until like 8th level or so.

Edit: ok, where was I before I was cut off by that idiot librarian who misread the clock?

Argh! I think I was going to brainstorm out loud about what name and description I was going to have, but am now too upset to do so.

Did roll height and weight, though. I'm 1.6 meters tall and weigh, oh, 52 kilograms. (59 seems to be the lowest random weight, but I don't think 59 quite gets the image I want). However, I can't go below 52 with 50, because I checked later and found my scoundrel/soldier from the older campaign was 1.6 m and 50 kg. I gotta have some difference between the two.

As for a name, I don't know, I'm still flustered. I'll kick some around and see what I get back. How about Sanjiyan, Kazumi, or, oh, I don't know. What I'm looking for on the image is a finely-honed, disciplined a**-kicker whose staff glows when she imbues it with power. Efficiency and grace.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

114 pounds at 6 feet? He must be a pretty skinny guy, eh? :)

I rolled up my character's stats last night...I still have to finish picking my skills and feats...and buy equipment, and I suppose I need to look into a good background as well...

*sigh* My source has all the info all over the place...makes it hard to keep things straight...

7. YokoburiKinura

Did I miscalculate? I thought 1.6 meters was around 5'3". So, she'd be on the thin side but an average height for a woman.

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Oop! I misread the height...my fault. Sometimes I should just shutup. :)

9. YokoburiKinura

It's okay - it's good for me to clarify this kind of stuff.
    And UK's really helping me with the brainstorm on my name and image, so working out my description's getting a little easier.

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

jsut remember, you start with your max vitality you could roll for lvl 1...same with credits...just send it on over when ya done matt*^-^* i just finished copying yks onto a sheet...and when kame comes back need to get ahold of him for skills...

11. YokoburiKinura

Ikazuchi Integra from the Kamino system in Wild Space. If Kamino doesn't work, maybe I could be from the last system on the Corellian Run (not too far from Tattoine, actually), but unfortunately I can't remember the name of that system. I'll PM Bloodberry my background in the next few days once I've got it worked out.

12. YokoburiKinura

How soon are we planning on starting?

13. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Hey Bllodberry can you e-mail me that sheet you made for me.. if its not to much trouble.. or if you want me to e-mail you some info instead just let me know..

KaME

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

k, gimme a bit and i'll have it scanned or whatever...we'll figure it out...dinna worry

umm..starting...give it a few weeks..have school starting and well..my bros wedding isn't helping life right now...god...sorry being so slow on this...^-^;;;

15. YokoburiKinura

It's OK. Right now I'm playing some D&D gothic horror World War I game over on the Kargatane Ravenloft forum, so I'm at least getting a little practice on having only a turn a day. Waiting a little while will be good anyway, until I get back in a position to have internet access at home.

16. YokoburiKinura

Give it a bump and see what happens.

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

(Give it a bump indeed)

Gomen, been very busy! BB, I'll be back again next week, and I can send my Stats then...

18. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

that's fine..been busy myself...what with 2 online classes, on of which is the evil java book of doom...and with the xmas season approaching the retail world...
    just send em when you get the time...

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Hmm. The new D20 Star Wars... while there is a lot of material and it's easy to throw in new stuff, it doesnt entirely lend itself to Star Wars. The original West End had the players pulling off the incredible stuff you see in the movies, and had a more heroic, movie-ish feel to it. With D20, that feel is mostly gone.

Also, there are some major issues with armor. I forget how it works but once advanced enough in levels, its possible to actually not gain an armor advantage when you wear armor.

I know, it makes no sense. But its there.

Maybe that flaw was patched in the Revised Rulebook just released. I wouldn't know. I'm not buying another D20 SW book until after Episode III, because then a NEW edition will be released.

20. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe with such flaws, that's where dm intervention comes in...house rules to fix it. but, well, my bf collects star wars stuff like a habit...missed on the ep 1 toys tho cause he didn't like the movie. tho, collecting for ep 2 was fun.*^-^* such flaws tho, prolly won't come into play.

sorry for taking so long...between school and work, and chris being in a near dead(jokingly) mode, what with visiting random doctors(dentist the past 2 times...) and then there's his exhaustion, i know i'm just coming up with excuses, but i'm pretty sure everyone is kinda busy for the moment too....sigh...i'm trying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.