Saber Marionette The little oddities you can notice from constant viewing...

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Heheheh. Gartlant's weapons SUCK!!

Hehehehe. Japoness' weapons suck even more.

Hehehehehe. *twitches in a corner*

Seriously, though. But weren't those Kreagers fighting in the big Japoness/Gartlant/Peterburg war In the middle of J?

~ Aoi

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

But then Peterburg must really suck to have lost to them!!

**THIS CONTAINS MILD J, J AGAIN, AND EARLY J TO X SPOILERS**

First off, we never see too much of the cherry blossom's performance. The only real combat scene I remember was during the early Gartlant war attempt. Even then, they were pretty evenly matched with Gartlant's sabers (which I would assume would be Kreagers). The orange blossoms,
    which were far more advanced, incorporated new tactics and weapons to rival the Kreager model. Unfortunately, that was never the opponent we see them face...:p

Their initial activation was a failure, up against the saber dolls. In their emotional state, those three probably could have taken ten times as many marionettes out. The design was good,
    but no match for them and their "emotional strength".

Their second opponent was none other than the one-woman-army saber beast Leopard. If Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry were no match, how were the orange blossoms to fare?

And then, the MESCALs. I doubt their A.I. was set to search out weak points...

My first point, then, is that despite a good design for the Kika model, it was like a computer nowadays...top of the line, but as soon as it came, it was already outdated by newer technology...not intended as fodder, but that's how they ended up...

Now for the Kreagers. I can't see how these things could not be considered combat sabers!

1) we never see them used outside of the war
    2) they have built-on weapons
    3) self-destruct triggers

Kreager III as well. It seems built for combat purposes. Guess my memory's rusty. I thought Luchs commented "they were never employed for combat", not "never designed for combat"...

Ah well...that's just my take.

[The usual "I've been wrong before, so don't take it as fact" disclaimer]

-BakaMattSu

3. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

*basks in the glow of all the useless trivia* :D oro I have only seen SMJ through once and never seen J X (I don't think lol :sweat2: ) but I'd like to see it through again some time in the not so distant future ^^ I love noticing those little things you don't pick up on the first, second, or fifteenth time around :p