Current Affairs US "Sex Bomb" Weapon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BakaMattSu, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Ok, wait. Where did you read about pheremone, eh? Even if it's only pheremones they don't have this kind of power. But this have actual chemicals. That's why I said that there could be permanent secondary effects. There's the 'bad' thing.
    The same as before, permanent effects.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I was under the impression, that while you are having sex, you'd get killed off.
    They should just make an apathy bomb instead.

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=pheromone

pher·o·mone ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fr-mn)
    n.
    A chemical secreted by an animal, especially an insect, that influences the behavior or development of others of the same species, often functioning as an attractant of the opposite sex.

Do you realise how many chemicals you have in your own body right now?

Edit: As far as unseen effects go...
    1) Who said it had to be friendly that way? We're talking about war here, not Princess Polly's Tea Party.
    2) Somehow a narcotic knockout gas seems rather different from a temporary lust enhancing chemical.

4. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Well, if it wasn't obvious what I was saying...

You're right, a pheromone is a chemical. Therefore all chemicals are pheromones? Certainly not. Also you still haven't asnwered my question: Where did you read about pheromones (Only with this Sex Bomb)?
    1) Right, who said it? I wasn't. I just enphatized that it is unfriendly. Being unfriendly I'm afraid of it, although I doubt someday I'll be target of it :p (Ugh, perhaps they're going to use it in my country :eek: )
    2) What makes it different?

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I have forgotten what I was going to say...Thanks~_~

Well, you all are right, and it is a war we are in. As has been said by neph, we can't go around making niceties to the enemies, nor can we show extreame interest in what happens to the limited few this bomb will effect. It will most likely only be used in extreame cases, and not in every fire fight we are in.

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I didn't say all chemicals are pheremones, but under the very definition of a pheromone, this chemical would be a pheremone. Well ok, this wouldn't be secreted by an animal, but I'm sure you understand what I'm saying.

Narcotics slow down the central nervous system and prevent pain messages from reaching the brain. Narcotics are also extremely powerful (this is why when prescribed they say NEVER to break the pill in half and to always follow the prescription to the letter), so "too much" could really screw someone up. Knockout gas via narcotics is basically an overdose, and we all know what happens when someone overdoses on a drug.

As far as our pheromone/chemical goes, animals in the wild take pheremones all the time, and we still have the ability to recieve pheromones (however our natural pheromone producing glands have become piss-poor weak), so odds are since we're meant to process these, we could take them without serious long term effects.

7. Chance

Oh Neph, you're soooo smart......*Swoons*

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Sure, I understand you. You're 50% right here: Right, it is not secreted by an animal and pheromones are not the only chemicals that affect behaviour (Drugs, anti-depresives). And...
    You are right again! But you're only talking about narcotic knockout gasses. Narcotics also do the oppossite, stimulating the mind. I don't know all their names (neither I'll post them), think in *** and similars :p . So, both we could be right. Right now I'm thinking that this bomb could mix pheromones and other chemicals than pheromones :p that do other things than pheromones :p.

Even if it does not have secondary effects, but making someone to discover his 'real' likings, I doubt that person would like that 'future' knowing that he likes the opposite sex.

I really find this bomb stupid. Meh, I prefer traditional war. Heh, just imagine the next generation of war strategy videogames :D 'Build: Gay-bomb (Costs: $3000) :D

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Because that was the only example brought up.

Then that's too bad. They'll just have to look at it as a new challenge in life and a new oppurtunity rather than something bad.

10. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

War Strategy Videogame update

Here's the first draft for the videogame mod (If it has not been made yet :p Have to research):

Unit:Gay-Bomb
    Strong against: Normal infantry
    Weak against: Chemical Infantry
    Needs to be transported by: Chemical Infantry or Jet Fighters
    Description: Generates intense desire for the partner of the same gender. It is intense enough to make them to have sex.
    Special effects: Decreases enemy's moral. If deployed in a city it may stop it's growing by 15 turns.
    Cannot be developed by: Muslim goverments

Technology:On the Battlefield!
    Description: Increases resistance by 50% to Gay-Bomb
    Cannot be developed by: USA

Special thanks to Vicious and Neph :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Chance

jedimdo, you are a very very weird person....I love you just the same.

12. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Heheh, uh?
    Am I? :p
    I don't think I completely understand you but,...
    Idiot, don't you understand!?+
    What? Are you here again?
    I'm not 'you', remember? I'm you! Your other half
    But I got rid of you long time ago!
    Well, I'm back! Don't you see?
    *Shoots fake Jedimdo*
    Finally... :p

Would you pm me? The truth about Jedimdo-sama should not be revealed :D
    Also, this thread should stay for new opinions. I think that Nephilim and I understand each other.

13. Chance

I think we should stay on topic....^^;;
    Well, If this information got out of the hands of the U.S. government, and into the hands of terrorists, first place hit would be the white house....Then I will finally hear about the man love between Cheney and Bush...We all know it's there, But noone speaks of it...

14. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I doubt terrorists would want thier hands on something like that. I mean its only a bomb that makes people want to have sex. How is that going to put terror compared to an explosive bomb? I think theyll think a little more...on the destructive side...

15. Chance

What better way to break the american sense of pride then to have their President, who is against homosexuality, participating in a homosexual lust fest.

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

That's a felony! You're under arrest! :D For releasing classified information! :D (GWBxCheney relationship) :D

Nyahaha, I understand most of what 'Jedimdo' is saying...

As for breaking your country's pride, why not simply conquer them? If half the US suddenly was taken over by another country, would you be proud?

Same for the main arguement. Both conventional and sexual weapons could be disruptive, both could be used very effectively, if their use is carefully planned.

17. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

:Sigh: Right, that's a felony Shinryu :rolleyes:

Sure, both are very convenient, they do their job very well. The same for Nuclear bombs, right?

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

HAY GUYS I WANT TO TAKE OVER SOME TERRITORY LETS RENDER IT UNINHABITABLE FOR A WHILE.

=P

The right tool for the right job, Jedimdo.

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

When is a nuclear bomb the right tool? When is aggressive warfare the right tool?

That's right, never.

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

When you need to inflict mass casualities on the enemy with a minimum amount of losses.

When it serves more people (especially your own people) than peace would - for example, over fertile ground/food in a time of famine. If you're a leader, you have a responsibility to take care of your people, and in the real world, people don't just sit and die cheerily because of morals.

Edit: This is of course assuming diplomacy just doesn't cut it and such.