Recreation War in Iraq protest.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nephilim_X, Dec 23, 2002.

1. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Well, it looks like this is no longer hypothetical

At 9:32 Eastern tonight we began bombing. We did quick surgical strikes for apparently the military had some intel that we might be able to hit "senior Iraq leadership", they havent said Saddam but considering the bombers got mission plans changed mid flight to hit these surgical targets I'd wager thats what they were going for.

2. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

so be it then ..that is my opnion :) how i feel..i dont care what action if any... that is just how i feel about it :)
    ok yeah not all of em i am sure wanted to do this ....people who prolly wanted to do other stuff and was dragged in it...
    i am an egoist..so i have none to give..unless benifit myslef .... ::shrug:: and this great power..is idiotic..if they have it then why all this =/
    but again this is my opinion
    if they want to fight for what is "right" go ahead..

*note* if you are offend..there is nothign to say ..see stuff day after day ..just got to deal with it =/ (sorry to those that do)

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I'm just wondering, are you anti war people against war in general or against removing Hussain (or both).

It's also kinda comic how peace protestors are getting all vicious and attacking the police (kinda looks like the Veitnam riots). Hell, the police will just watch you as long as you don't break the law.

Also notice how among the four scuds Iraq shot off, two of them were the ones they said they said they didn't have..... Oh well, one of two things is gonna happen. Either we're gonna find out all this nasty stuff going on in Iraq and Bush will be proved right, or we'll find out that Hussain really was cooperating with the UN and posed no threat. (I don't want to get back into this thread, after all, the war has already started and [short of military action against the US] It's not gonna end until we kick out Hussain and get BagHdad)

Either way, good luck to all the Military personal!

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

As far as the reports on what Iraq is sending over to Kuwait.. Id not believe any US information because most of it is exaggerations to make it look like they are 100% right..

One Example of something funny.. those 4 scuds.. they said a patriot intercepted one of them. But they were showing a crater right.. if it was intercepted in the air how does it make a hole in the ground????

Interceptor missiles have never worked they way they claim they work.. But anyway

And something I find funny is the fact that Instead of heading straight for the capital they went for the oil fields first which proves that the US is in this war for more then just liberating Iraq.. Cause really if they are going to liberate Iraq they should liberate all the African countries from their war lords who Jack kids up on drugs so the kids will fight for them.. But then again Africa has no oil..

But anyway I think just before the war started Everyone was on the right tract to a peaceful way of disarming Iraq.. I mean he started to get rid of weapons.. Surely they could have imposed deadlines for certain amounts of weapons. and if then they did not do as they were told go invade,..

But Phalanx is right the war has started nothing anyone can do about that now.. Lets just hope for the Best and that nothing majorly bad happens..

KaMe

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I think its funny that Saddam, in launching SCUDs, has used weapons he claimed he didnt have!:D

6. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

actually they weren't scuds afaik

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Yeah i heard that as well but did not have a web page to back myself up so i did not bother saying they were anything else..

Its only the US News chans that say they are scuds.. Silly Americans.

KaME

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Well, the oil wells were set on fire. In the first Gulf war, the black clouds in Kuwait took away the air advantage the colalition had (they couldn't attack units under the thick black smoke). Heck, that got the Iraqies in close enough with their T72 tanks to almost do some damage to the Marines and Saudi troops had the Marines not had a largeforce of helechopters on hand to drive them off. Thats why I think there heading over there. I might be wrong though.

If they weren't scuds, what were they? Artillary (I doubt that one unless the Iraqies have that cannon piece that Hussain wanted to build and use on Israel)? The US News said they were scuds, but i've been tuning in on the Korean and Spanish news stations (they have much better coverage even tho I can't understand what their saying:p ).

9. artemis836

The United States plans to help the people of Iraq to rebuild their nation after Saddam and his regime are thrown out. To rebuild their country the people of Iraq need money, plain and simple.

There only natural resources that amount to anything are petroleum, natural gas, phosphates, and sulfur. Petroleum makes big money. If it all burns, the people will not have the resources to necisarry to rebuild.

The current land use in Iraq is pitiful. Only 9% of it has permanet pastures. 0% of the land has permanet crops and 0% of the land has forests and woodlands. All they have is desert and oil and unless there is a huge demand for sand exports, all the Iraqis have is oil. If that is gone, they're screwed.

On another note, in Safwan, just across the border with Kuwait in southern Iraq, civilians greeted the First Marine Division with cheers today as they entered the town.

Why are they cheering? Because 5,000 Iraqi childrend die each month of starvation because the money the US and UN pours into Iraq with the money for food programs is circumvented by Saddam Hussien to build weapons of war.

Sources: International Herald Tribune and US News and World Report

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

they said exactly the same thing about afghanistan at the time.. and now look

first that was about bin laden.. then all of al queada, then the taliban...

same thing with sadamm..

they tried to make links between him and bin laden, but none existed so they started harping on about his WoMD. this was their slogan up until a few hours before the "war" started, and now it is "regime change" that they are after.

sounds a bit flaky..

11. Omnidragon

Omnidragon New Member

It is true that military employment in any issue is usually driven by political interests. But sometimes it's easy to assert irrelevant arguments because some people's views are based on a misguided interpretation of what the debate is about.

The Coliation of Willing is in there now. I think whatever the outcome, it will certainly jolt some anti-war protestors into a sense of reality; a realisation that things perhaps aren't as bad as what they were perceived to be.

12. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

did anyone hear about the 300 missiles we fired and that the iraqies only said there were 19?

13. artemis836

The paper reported today that in the downtown area of where I live there were some protesters holding "Honk 4 Peace" signs. The newspaper said that some honked, others gave the peace sign and the rest flashed the one fingered salute.

lol

So thats what they call it now :D

14. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Lol, your trusting them?

My dad was all mad at the attack. I ask why (hoping he wasn't a one of these peace guys). He said "We should have hit North Korea first, not Iraq." It seems that if all goes well here and lotsa bad stuff is uncovered, that might be the next target. I just hope N. Korea looks at whats happening and sees that we mean business (because they would be a really tough one to take on).

15. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I cant see them touching N korea with a ten 100 foot pole myself.. Because for one they wont surrender due to the fact the USA got there as kicked the last time they went into Jungle warfare!... and N korea has a Way better Military then Iraq.. and they have self honor so they would rather die then surrender.. For the most part anyway..

KaMe

16. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

About the jungle warfare thing, that was Vietnam. There are no jungles in N. Korea. THe last war with them turned into a draw (only because the CHinese when in and re-took all of N. Korea for them). You are right about them being all honorable and willing to die rather than surrender (that , they'll do). But still, the greatist thing that I know the N. Koreans have that could turn war with them into something really guesome is their huge array of missiles and maybe even some tactical nukes (and as you saw, the Patriot missile killing system doesn't work too well).

17. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Just a word.

Dont believe everything that media tells...they often overdue the infomation...

18. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Is North Korea Next! odds are no..

Just wanted to say why I don’t think you will see the US go into North Korea.

First off this is how the First war with Korea ended.

July 27
    The United States, North Korea and China sign an armistice, which ends the war but fails to bring about a permanent peace. To date, the Republic of Korea (South) and Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea (North) have not signed a peace treaty. North and South Korea did sign a non-aggression treaty in 1991.

A total of 29,557 service members (all services) died in battle, or from battle-related injuries, during the Korean War. 4184 died from non-combat causes in the Korean theatre. 92,934 were wounded in action seriously enough to be evacuated. (This number does not include those lightly wounded who were treated at battalion/regimental aid stations and returned to duty.) 7,245 service members became Prisoners-of-War. (DPMO stats as of 04/17/2001)

So this here shows us that back in 1950, 51, 52 and 53 that the war did not go very well..

So the ppl of Korea will remember this and will be proud of that fact. Thus surrendering is probably out of the question if USA shows up at there doorstep.

Now this is North Korea Today..

North Korea continues to position forces into the area just north of the DMZ— in a position to threaten Combined Forces Command and all of Seoul with little warning. Seventy percent of their active force, including approximately 700,000 troops, over 8,000 artillery systems, and 2,000 tanks, is postured within 90 miles of the Demilitarized Zone. This percentage continues to rise despite the June 2000 summit. Most of this force in the forward area is protected in over 4,000 underground facilities, out of over 11,000 nationwide. From their current locations, these forces can attack with minimal preparations or warning. The protracted southward deployment follows a tactic of “creeping normalcy”—a significant movement over a period of many years that would attract too much international attention if accomplished over weeks or months.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/dprk/army.htm

So that there shows us the North Korea is ready for battle at all times.. and that is a very large force they have at that. and Probably has some nukes that NO one wants to see being fired off.

Now the Geography of North Korea is another matter... Because it has lots of Forest's (just as hard to fight in a Forest as it is a JUNGLE) and Lots of mountains.. and ill add a picture of the mountains.. So if the war has to be fought in the hills that will make one bloody battle.. And bombing the crap out of the landscape probably wont work as well as in Afghanistan.

Now my last point of Why I don’t think it be a good idea to go to war with N Korea is China And the US are not the best of pals.. and without china's help it could get very messy really fast.. And I’m very sure that The UN and the rest of the world will say leave N Korea alone and deal with them in a Diplomatic Way!..

That is My reasoning why the US should stay out of Korea unless its with a Diplomat and not a Gun!

KaMe

KaME

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Anyone who thinks that Iraq is innocent should take a look at this.

*mord edit* pic removed cos it was too graphic, it was a load of corpses with a slogan suggesting iraq killed them with chemical weapons.

20. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

yes neph, and who gave iraq the chemicals?