Debate What do you think happens after you die? / Hitler was a terrible man?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lime, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

The real prophecy; What do you think happens after you die?

I know, I know. Not something you would want to think about -- Death. But you can really turn this into an interesting thought. Just, for the sake of keeping the amount of incoming posts and members, do not attempt to find out for us. (;

My thoughts are. You go through life again, but have no possible recollection of past things you learned in others lifes, or remember anyone, or even remember the smallest of things -- Like how to walk.

Just my thoughts. ^^

And that. Is what we call a sudden out-burst of an intelligent Raimu. ;D Not something you see everyday. ;P

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i guess i've always liked the idea that you get exactly what you think you deserve. hehe it's interesting how cruel we can thus be to ourselves.

but mainly, i believe we make the worms happy in a way.

3. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

When life serves no avail when death meets its pinnacle, I shall find what I seek a place of being from which tranquility and euphoria shall reign supreme. It will be the place from which my heart can shine in precedence, from which I shall deign to nothing and give sovereignty to noone. It shall be my perfect view on life, emulating that osophy in everyway, holding in verity that my being was not without purpose, that my life was not just a vexation of someone's will or merely a singularity from which obeisance was absolute and hinderance without sight. It shall be my requite from the enforced solitude of my life as well as my soliloquy into what is to be held in candor as well as to be held worthy of value and allure. It shall be my tomb of resting, sleeping in the vision of my conscience I shall forever rest and be at ease, basking with alacrity in the fulfilment and sustenance that my conscience shall find.

4. Richter

Richter New Member

For me, it's called Accountability, ladies and gents. A reassurance that jerks get what they deserve when they die. the end. of course, vice versa.

5. gitarooqueen

gitarooqueen New Member

for me its Summerland ^_^

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

What if I'm a total jackass as a front, but I do good things?

7. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

wait, I haven't had a chance to make any fairy tales up yet, soI don't know.. give me a few days

god.. I hope i don't die until then

8. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Your own never ending summer, eh? Helping to plant the flowers. ;P ::Bops:: Crazeh.

9. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Well you can make up all the nice little theorys you want, they're about as valid as any religion's idea of an afterlife.
    But I'll have to side with Mordeth on this one.
    I don't have a idea on what happens.
    But it's probably nothing.

Of the ones said here though Summer land doesn't sound to bad, I sure as hell hope it's not the getting what you deserve one. I couldn't finish reading Zelgadis' one.

10. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

Of course that is obvious, how about something a bit more inconspicuous.

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

This isn't a debate; this is just an opinion-fest.:rolleyes:

Anyway to stay on topic, we go to essentially heaven, except for the truly evil like Hitler. They go to a hell-like realm.

Then eventually we reincarnate.

In fact, I don't really feel like going into detail about what I believe.

12. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

In honesty, Hitler's actions may be considered evil but even so he did not act without a prerequisite to it. It is rather nice to have this view that all good is sent to a good place and evil is accursed to a place of tormenting, I would rather believe that we all recieve what we desire than for some to be punished for the circumstances of their actions.

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

So you think that his killing of innocent people, including children, is justified somehow?

You sicken me.

What goes around comes around. It's not even a matter of bloodlust, it's more like balancing a math equation.

So in other words, you're comfortable with the idea of Hitler kickin' back with a harem of beer loving women for all eternity, after causing the death of millions who had absolutely nothing to do with him?

14. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

I do not support nor believe in his actions they can be considered evil and you can damn me for my words, but I don't believe he or anyone is entirely in control of their actions. I don't believe we should be destined only because we were made that way not because we wanted it.

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

So you think Hitler had no choice when it came to murdering millions? I disagree with you strongly (No swearing plz ;) - Ark). He never 'had' to kill them.

So you think that Charles Manson and Hitler should get the same reward as a Nobel Peace Prize Winner. Wonderful. I'm glad you aren't a judge, Zelgadis.

That's stretching it a bit, Neph. And watch the veiled insults, please. - Ark

16. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

His future action could be derived from his past, noone acts without reasoning or interference of some kind. I don't believe we should recieve retribution if it is not entirely our fault, I don't believe we should be damned because of somethings else's interference, I would rather believe we all reach the fulfilment we desire rather than to be tormented for an action that they did not make themselves.

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

sad, but if you look at it through hitler's eyes, they had to die for his ideals. the goal was admirable in a way; perfect people would in theory remove the majority of illness amoungst other things. it was justified to him, and once you justify something to yourself, it's suddenly the right thing to do. it's not saying that what he did wasn't horrible or that he should be honored or anything. but when you treat him and think of him in light of a normal human being, things are kinda eerie.

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

While something obviously messed him up in the past, he never HAD to slaughter millions. He didn't HAVE to do anything. What he did was ultimately his choice.

"I don't want to take responsibility for my actions because of influences from others."

"I refuse to admit that ultimately it's our choice when it comes to what we do."

"Rapists, murderers, and child molesters should go unpunished for hurting or destroying the lives of others. Those they hurt - screw 'em!"

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. He had no right to just have those people exterminated.

Except for genetic diseases; not to mention the fact that racialy pure creatures are more likely to be killed by a genetic disease/virus.

While true, that doesn't mean it's actually right. Even though there is no universal morality, slaughtering millions, including those who had absolutely nothing to do with him and had no chance to fight back or anything is hardly noble.

At what cost victory?

20. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

I just do not believe in retribution if they are not totally at fault for their actions.
    Before a child committs mischief he has to learn about it somewhere may be from his abusive father that beats his mother everyday but he learns that it is right to do that, and therefore believes it just to beat others.