Debate What do you think happens after you die? / Hitler was a terrible man?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lime, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

good coming from good does not have to happen to you. the happiness in kharma of doing a good deed, is a feeling of happiness that you have done something for someone else. it doesn't have to be long lasting, or even self gratifing(which is selfish and evil in this train of thought).
    and in opposition, bad things that you do usually come round to hurt you. if you are spiteful over not recieving instant gratification, then you are selfish and shall not recieve the goodness that might have been due to you.

there are always tricky little rules. if you did something good but nothing but badness happened to you, maybe try to refelct on how you were when you did the good deed. did you do it for a selfish reason? because you "had to"?
    a church basket is a good example of "had to" as you can feel pressured if you don't put anything in it, and therefore do so so that you look better.

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

As Bloodberry said, thats selfish in nature if you're expecting to be rewarded for it. Furthermore, it's easy to put money in a basket. Try going out and helping people on a more personal level. Regardless, doing good things to get stuff back is just not going to work.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

one word

silence ........... :sweat2:

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Because you can only blame your environment so far. 2 of my 4 housemates smoke pot, pot laws are loosening up here in Canada, some of my friends smoke pot, my parents would not give me any trouble. And yet, I don't smoke pot despite a friendly, consequence-free environment where the pot would actually be supplied for FREE (housemates ;P). That's my choice.

Of course, I never said my God gave people destinies like that. Henceforth, your point is null.

Well that's essentially true but it could theoretically be possible that if he had lived in a utopian society, due to a chemical imbalance or just a bizarre thought process, he could have thought "well, why not just remove that problem then... it's more efficient if we just do this..."

Of course, hypotheticals are entirely up for speculation anyway.

5. shippou

shippou New Member

death.........

after we die.......i think that we either go to heaven or purgatory.......
    that there is no hell but purgatory could be mistaken for hell........
    in prgatory people will be sorounded by the people that they have hurt until they are forgiven and then they go to heaven.......
    thats all i believe...........
    hopefully .........

6. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yeah, that's how most of us think (here in my community). I also think there's 2-3 states I/we could end up at depending on how good or bad we are. One Mormon I knew talked about how there are 3 separate levels of Heaven. For me though, a Catholic who hardly goes to chruch, I like to think that there's an afterlife that's not related to religion (since some people don't have a religion). Oy, at one point I believed that I'd simply be reincarnated into a new born baby. But nowadays, after learning a lil bit about Eastern/Asian religions and metaphysics, I've convinced myself that it would be cool to leave this frail vehicle called a body, and chill around in my spirit form. Wouldn't that be cool? I hope that's what happens to me when I die.

Speaking of dying, I wanna die after I've experienced so many things that I'm all "been there, done that." I'm pretty okay with dying, just that I don't wanna leave things unresolved by dying too early. Anyone remember that thread somewhere on these forums, about describing how you'd like to die? I remember some pretty whack ideas there!

7. second_Death

second_Death New Member

what happens when u die?
    nothingness. u die. plain and simple.
    thats just about all the "freedom" and "end to suffering" u can possibly get.
    if there IS an afterlife, consider it a bonus.. but jus like DVD extras, it could be super cool, blah, or uttyer shyte
    for now, just be happy ur alive

8. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I believe that everything will be black...yes just black. Youre dead so you wont feel time progress.....it is just nothing.

9. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

10. koyal

koyal New Member

i

i think when u die u go some where but i don't where, but anyway i think after your dead for a while u will be reborn iether as a human or animal, i think i depends on how u acted in ur past life

11. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I personally think you're reincarnated until you get it right then become enlightened(one with God/universe).

12. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

When you die you go to heaven or hell. I know that it sounds old fashioned but thats just what i belive in.

13. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Mordeth, that is quite possibly the best picture I have ever seen.

Now as for the topic, I prefer not to care. I'll find out when I die.

[edit]Of course, that's assuming I will die. [/edit]

14. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Feed-back!!!!!

I think it is safe to assume (yes I did say ASSUME) that most of us here agree that Hilter is a very evil person who very much so had a choice to not do what he did, but instead--decided it wwas best in this world to commit Genocide. I don't care who you are or what childhood nightmares you had to endure---Killing off an entire ethnic race because they are different from you is just wrong---anybody who believes otherwise is just as sick.

On the topic of Death---that is just as open as the topic on God. We will never have an answer to this twister. Many who have had near-death experiences claime to see the bright lights in the tunnel, but the only ones who can really answer this question are unfortunately dead.

I, for one am not really that ready to find this answer out myself--I think I will just focus of the many puzzles on the living.

By the way,

Kudos to you Nephilim--you have the argumental talents of a world class politian.

Victor

15. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

16. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Ok, but not all politicians are liars. And in Neph's case, he just has a really good way of getting his point across without actually completely loosing it.

He shows very good restraints.

Victor

17. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

hey guys! check this out http://www.deathclock.com/
    i think that after death people would have a choice to stay on earth as a ghost or got to heaven(if u r a good person) or to hell(if u r bad). i think that population of hell is much larger than population of heaven.