Anime What is your favorite anime that isnt very popular or well known?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Sieghardt, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I like soul taker.

2. kyrie

kyrie New Member

I don't know how well known this is so forgive me if it's popular but I absolutely LOVE "Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu"

La La La, La La La *rolls her arms*
    *Bafu*

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yup, I agree with Odin. This thread actually shines some light on that. I agree with Suzu too--a lot of the titles people are mentioning are not "unknown," and in fact some of the ones mentioned are very popular! I'm not even a fan of anime, yet I still know enough to tell if an anime is popular or closer to unknown.

Haha! I remember that scene! Now THERE'S an anime that hardly anyone knows! I've only seen the first episode, and it was pretty interesting.

My favorite animes that are hardly known are Voices of a Distant Star (Hoshi no Koe), which has the best visuals I've ever seen, and FLCL, although it's gaining popularity pretty fast cuz it's eccentric and also well-animated.

4. Paper

Paper New Member

FLCL was awesome... has anyone heard of Vampire Princess Miyu? I don't know how well known it is in general but I haven't read anything about it on M2A so there you go.

5. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Vampire Princess Miyu has been around for over 6 years, and back then people were already wearing t-shirts with a pic of it (2 people at my school had em). So it's actually quite well known.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Strange. Almost everybody I talk with now mentions it, adding that it's hilarious...

7. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Actually, you guys are the first people who I know that have ever mentioned it... I certainly didn't think it was a popular anime... but then again, I've only finished middle school... where anime/manga knowledge dosen't stretch very far beyond DBZ and Shonen Jump...

FLCL is pretty popular on the net, actually... I see it everywhere.

8. ranma-soatome

ranma-soatome New Member

variable geo is pretty cool.

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

this is the most beautiful anime and it profoundly effected me in a good way. all 52 epsiodes are amazing! go Myco! (the most beautiful singer) but anyways, just because it hasnt been licensed yet, doesnt mean its not popular or unknown. I mean Ribbon stuff sells like crazy and I'm not living in Japan but I bet everyone is crazy about it. and Ribbon manga has the Full Moon storyline so I know its a popular manga as well. just theres hardly anything of Full Moon here in N.A.

10. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Sci-Fi Harry is quite spiffy. No one I know has heard of it, though... It's a George Iida work, he of the horror movies "NIGHT HEAD" and "Another Heaven", and so on.

It's about psychics, vaguely like Scanners in a "only THIS many people have special powers and they hate the normal folk" way. It's weird; dark, violent, but touching in a way at points.

It's supposedly licensed, but not out yet. I've only seen it available as an import or a bootleg so far.

11. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

I don't know if this anime is all famous or anything but right now I'm crazy about "Happy Lesson" which is about a boy whos parents died when he was young and now he is about 17 years old and he lives in his parents old house alone until some teachers decide to move in, there's some Love Hina about this anime and there's some things that could be considered rip offs but heck it's a funny anime

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Super Techno Arts has the license, and lists it as "Available on DVD soon". Never heard of it, myself. :)

Come to think of it...everything I've seen is "well known". It's very hard to get ahold of anything unpopular...

13. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Heat Guy J, it "ownz" all.

14. jindo

jindo New Member

I've watched this one title from one of the anime convention 2years ago; it's called "Kaikan Next Phrase". I thought it was pretty cool and expecting to be licensed or pending but so far nothings happening. :(

15. Osaka

Osaka New Member

video Girl ai. I love that manga. Unfortunaetly I haven't seen the Anime. *sigh*

Gate Keepers? That might be not well known. I'm not sure.

-:D

16. jindo

jindo New Member

Unfortunately Video Girl Ai dvd is really hard to find these days. Damn should've bought it when it was released. :(

17. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Du~de! I only saw three episodes of SPC and I loved it! ^_^

Umm, let's see... Crest (and Banner) of the Stars, Megami Kouhosei aka The Candidate for Goddess, Princess Nine...

Hmm... I just realized that I mostly want to see series that aren't very well-known. (Like shoujo series... Ririka, Wedding Peach... I'm a sucker for mahou no shoujo stories. ^_^)

Edit: I also love the Rayearth OAV, which I don't hear people talking about too often.

18. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

Clamp School Detectives! Nobody I ask has heard of it v_v and I couldn't find any info on it on the net :(

19. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Wow, I heard of a lot of the animes that have been mentioned. RahXephon, .hack//SIGN and s.CRY.ed are some that I like.