Anime What was the first Anime show you saw.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by *Fabee*, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

I think the first anime series I saw in it's entirety, subbed, was Neon Genesis Evangelion. The second would've been Ranma ½ - which was also the first manga I read to completion.

I'd been dabbling in bits of series before that, though, and the odd movie (Akira was my first anime movie). I vaguely remember seeing bits of Lum, some of Bakuretsu Hunters, and a pretty awful old shounen anime called Grappler Baki. XP Naturally I'd seen the stuff aired on TV, though I hesitate to qualify bad dubs as anime... most have been so Americanized and censored that it barely counts. -_-; (I remember watching an ep of Pokémon with my nephew and going on a rant because they called the rice balls "jelly doughnuts" in the dub. X_x; What the hell.)

2. chibi misao

chibi misao New Member

the first anime that i've ever saw was Sailor Moon.And that was a very long time ago. :catgirl:

3. Rem

Rem New Member

Konnichiwa,
    Hmmm, the first anime I ever saw was Sailor moon, although I did watch this seiries called "Shinzo" anyone heared of it?. It was cool. BTW my gallery is updated and contains over 50 pics now, I got a new scanner and went for it!. ^_^

Ja ne
    Rem
    xxxx

4. Lady_Inuyasha

Lady_Inuyasha New Member

:catgirl: Mine was Inu Yasha it was at my friends house on a dvd. Its still my favorite anime.The episode was the one that Sango almost drowned and Miroku saved her and put his lips on her face to get the water out of her lungs and she woke up and slapped him.

5. Cantide

Cantide New Member

well, i have a kind of order:

1: Pokemon (does that count?)
    2: DBZ
    3: Gundam Wing
    4: Sailor Moon
    5: Tenchi Muyo
    6: Moblie Suit Gundam
    7: oh dammit, what the hell did i see next?!
    8: SCREW IT. I DONT EVEN REMEMBER!!!

6. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Lez'ze

The first anime I ever watched was when I was around oh, 5-6. Well anyway's it was Sailor Moon. I still sometimes watch it :sweat2: .

7. Sango-chan13

Sango-chan13 New Member

The first anime show I saw..??? uhmmmm....I can't really remember that... I think it was salior moon and Pokemon... hi hi hi...!!! :anime:

8. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I'd have to say it was the movie Totoro. My cousin loved it when I was in first grade.

The first real series would be Fushigi Yuugi, that's what got me started on anime.

9. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I'd have to say the first would be Battle of the Planets, followed by Voltron, Starblazers, Transformers.

Victor

10. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

My first anime wasn't a seires, it was a movie. It was the 1979 anime version of The Little Mermaid.

11. Alaklain

Alaklain New Member

Dragon Ball Z, also got obessed.

12. Tsuno2k7

Tsuno2k7 New Member

I think the first one I ever seen was Outlaw Star, I loved it but it turns out as I saw later anime that the Outlaw Star series was short

13. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

The first anime show I saw was Sailor Moon. I watched it when it first aired on Fox, and I was very confused. (Why did Fox start with the beginning to the second season anyway? Idiots.) The first anime movie I saw was Akira. Everything else seemed so tame after that. :dizzy: The first subb I saw was Evangelion, because I hated the dub.

Hey, does anyone know if the movie The Last Unicorn is considered anime or not? I heard that Studio Ghibi (sp?) did it. I used to love that movie so much when I was little. I guess, if it is, that was the first anime I ever saw, and I didn't even know it. :catgirl:

14. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

My first anime I had seen was Outlaw Star, I think its actually quite good. :anime:

15. Appleboy

Appleboy New Member

The first anime I ever saw would be either Samurai Pizza Cats, or Astro Boy. After that I got into the orginal Dragonball every Saturday morning and then right after that I watched Pokemon. I actually think I hated Dragonball because I was so anxious to see Pokemon... :rolleyes:

16. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

-_- Sadly to say my first anime I ever seen was "Sailor Moon".. >< I was only nine!!

17. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

the first anime i saw would have to be Sailormoon. not that i knew what anime was back then, but i remember loving the show to my heart's content. ugh, i remember all the games i played based on sailormoon and how we would get all the whole storyline wrong like saying sailor jupiter is the moon princess. geez, i must of had litte memory back then.

18. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

*Groan* I hate to admit it, but my first ever anime was DBZ. Admittedly, I thoroughly enjoyed it for a month or two, but there were only so many episodes I could take of that show. It actually turned me off anime for about... almost two years. It wasn't until a friend convinced me to take up .hack//sign that I became interested again.

19. immortalrin

immortalrin New Member

Hmm . . . Sailor Moon was the first anime I saw, I was like 9 or 10. And I remember I had to wake up five in the morning to catch the show on tv :bleed2: . . . I would be died tired at school . . .

20. Rune

Rune New Member

The first anime that I ever watched was tenchi, and it is like still my fav.