Video Games Which Games Would Make Good Movies?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blue Crow, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I think that Max Payne would make a great movie.It's already so close to one as is.

2. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I think Halo would but I don't mean game I mean the First book Fall of Reach so for all of those too lazy to read the books can know some of the stories of Halo and Master Cheif like his real name

3. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Max Payne, i mean thats the only game i could really see as one, possibly maybe Zelda, but very if-y

4. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

Actually they are working on a Zelda movie just see some info here.

5. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

There is a Deus Ex movie in the works. Can't say I'm expecting much though. The game's story was great, but i don't see how it can be crammed into a 2 hour movie. They've got plenty of material to work with, so maybe if they cut intelligently.. we'll see.

Max Payne could bea movie, I suppose. We'd need some new dialogue. If they did one, who would play Max? Timothy Gibbs, who was Max in the game? Only problem there is that he wasn't Max's voice. And who knows ig he's actually a good actor.

6. Novus

Novus Gone

You'd clearly have to look at shorter games, since you can't really compress a modern-day 50+ hours game into a 1.5-3 hour movie.
    Still, Knights of the Old Republic would be really cool. I just really contradicted myself there.

7. psyeudkev

psyeudkev New Member

You gotta see what the "short" means for each game. Some 'short' games are, well, short and cheesy plots. While some longer games, have excellent plots. You don't really have to put in *all* their movements :D
    (imagine a movie that has sidequests!!! aiyee....)

Of course, you could just take the characters and the world then dump then into impromptu situations...

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

There is actually a Max Payne movie planning to be realised. The actors are currently unknown, but if you check out the man behind the voice of Max, he could fit as him.

I would like to see a Doom movie, although there's one currently planning.

- Teddz

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Devil May Cry would be a great movie.

But i suppose if they brought that out it may look like something from UnderWorld. But if the character in DMC was as acrobatic in the movie as he is in the game then it would be tons better.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Someone is writing a script, thats all... big whoop. I could write an Ikaruga script, that doesn't mean they'd make a movie of it.

Anyway, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem could be done well, especially in light of the success of Donnie Darko.

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

A XenoSaga/XenoGears movie would be awesome. But, well, it'd be longer (just as long) as the LOTR movies.

As far as feasibility, you can probably make a great movie of Max Paine (as mentioned) and I'd like to see a Castlevania movie too. Preferably something along the lines of Dracula X.

12. shippou

shippou New Member

devil may cry would make an excellent movie
    because number 1:it could be done as an anime movie
    2:eek:r a a horror/action flick

dante would be cool but they would probably have to introduce some characters and give a better plot

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Doom could make a good movie
    Soldier of fortune 1, Giants: Citizen kabuto,
    GRIM FANDANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. DragonSlaveVivi

DragonSlaveVivi New Member

Of course im gonna have to go with the metal gear solid series, because they are officialy the greastest games to ever grace the face of the earth!

15. jindo

jindo New Member

Max Payne, GTA Vice City, and Halo.

16. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I think they are already making a Devil May Cry movie.

I'd like to see Prince of Persia and Soul Calibur 2 maybe made in to movies.

Resident Evil would maybe be nice if they actually did a good job unlike the last one. They should be in a mansion or some place cool like that. It should also be scary instead of making one want to cry in grief at horridness.

Sorry if you liked it.

But they are making another so maybe they won't botch it. We can only hope.

17. Charlie

Charlie Guest

I always felt the Soul Reaver games would make a great movie, maybe with Joaquim Phoenix as Raziel....Res.Evil 2 has already been made, I think.

18. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

I second that! The Legacy of Kain series would convert wonderfully, if it was done right, and it's got the sequel potential that movie makers love. XD Besides, with all the computer-generated characters out there these days, I think Raziel would look incredible in his semi-decomposed state. And some of the other clan leaders would just be stunning... Melchiah, eheheh.

Of course, it'd be awful to see the series dealt a blow by bad movie adaptions. That happens all too often, you get a terrific series (books, games, whatever) and the spin-offs ruin it. ~_~;

One big flaw I see is this: You know they'd want to include a lot of pre-fall Raziel (y'know, before he's a soul-sucking revenge-obsessed thingy with no lower jaw) just to attract teenage girls. We've already seen numerous examples of that in other fandoms. I shudder to think what it would be like if the preteen crowd was fawning over one of my favorite videogame series just because "OMG Raziel is sooooo hot!!!1!!1!!" X_x;

19. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Well, Final Fantasy VII (which will be a movie someday), and a well dont Res. Evil (2 would rule) would be nice.

Some time though, i wanna c a Castlevania movie.