Video Games Which Games Would Make Good Movies?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blue Crow, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

More information here. Due this summer on DVD.

^Shen^

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Though i would like to see the Legacy of Kain games go up on the big screen, the thing is that the games aready play as a sort of small movie and i think it would be a crime if the voices of the characters were not done by Micheal Bell, Simon Templemen and all the other original cast. I think it's better to leave this one were it is.

3. Charlie

Charlie Guest

The Medieval games could make a good horror/comedy (They're inspired by that stuff, anyway) Wow, I'd like to see FFIV....

4. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

A warcraft movie would be pretty cool I think. With so many cool characters and plotlines and such.

5. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Devil May Cry would make a kick-*** movie.But only if it was animated.I would probably kill someone if it was live action(I still can't play Street Fighter without shuddering:().

6. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I would have to go for legend of dragoon. It would make a great anime movie. Or grandia....the rest have all been said.

7. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I would like a Castlevania movie too!

8. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Oooh, I didn't even think of those. ^^; But you're right, both games would make for beautiful anime. I don't think I'd like to see them done as live-action or CGed movies, though... Full CG has always felt very flat to me. It works for videogames, but animation is far better for a movie. And games with an anime feel just shouldn't be converted to live-action anyway... there's too much lost in the translation, as it were.

9. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

Alone in the Dark, which is actually being made into a movie, I think looks good. Theres a few trailors floating around the net on it. A "Crimson Skies" movie would be interesting. Deus Ex would also be cool IF they don't slaughter the storyline like they did in "Invisible War." But the one game I REALLy want to see made into a movie is "Hitman."

10. bebop boy23

bebop boy23 New Member

What i think.

I think that Midnight Club would make a great movie.
    Its mostly because I love street racing games.

11. Dante

Dante New Member

Been kinda dead in here, but lemme throw my input in.

First of all; I'm sure you all know by now, the second Resident Evil movie is supposed to be based more on one of the games (3, complete with Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliviera).

So far the only really good idea I heard so far is the Max Payne movie. Devil May Cry would only be decent if it were done as an anime, yes. Castlevania... hrm... it might be able to be done, though if any, I'd prefer Lament Of Innocence as a movie (Y'know, hit it at the start).
    [EDIT] Neph had a good idea, too; Eternal Darkness would make a damned-nifty movie, just so long as they put a little effort into it. [/EDIT]

But I've been thinking of one that I haven't seen mentioned, that I pictured being a great movie since I first played a game and perhaps people are afraid of mentiong because of what happened to the first Resident Evil movie... but Hell, I'm a huge fan of the series, so I have to say it...

Silent Hill

12. Novus

Novus Gone

Something Dynasty Warriors would be cool, but mostly just because the Romance of the Three Kingdoms is such a good story.

13. MrPig

MrPig New Member

I kinda think The Bouncer would be good pure visual format. Short enough, enough goes on - granted its a bit predicatble, but i think its got potential as a bsic action-beat'em-up.

Pirates of the Carribean would make a good movie too.

Oh, wait.

14. Novus

Novus Gone

I think I said this a very long time ago somewhere, but a tagline of sorts for The Bouncer was "Play The Action Movie". So I wholeheartedly agree. Mugetsu would be a really fun role to play.

15. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

I know for certain the did have a full length animated movie about Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but I can't for the life of me remember its name. Its at least a decade old though.

16. Novus

Novus Gone

That'd be cool ... I'm going to have to look for that now. However, Dynasty Warriors doesn't follow the plot exactly, as I understand it. I can just picture Lu Bu as being depicted as some kind of Darth Vader-ish character ... that'd be kickin'.

Oh, and I watched Desperado yesterday, and some of the shots in there are pretty Max Payne. If an MP movie was directed like that one was, it'd be really interesting.
    (by the way, by "shots" I meant from a camera perspective, not the guns ;))

17. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

I just found there were two major works out their for the Romance of the Three kingdoms. On is an 84 episode series that ran on Singapore TV in 1995. I believe it was live action.

The anime version I spoke of earlier is actually divided into three videos. It starts with the Yellow Scarve (Turban, in DW) Rebellion and ends with Zhuge Liangs death. I only saw the second one.

18. Booyaka Seffie

Booyaka Seffie New Member

My Thoughts

Why not Final Fantasy 9 or 8? I mean goodness, everyone is on the fantasy kick with LoTR and HP...why not? Square owns in the graphics department, more than WETA does. Plus if they remake FF8 all you would have to do is get Gackt, a JRock artist, to play the part of Squall...hee hee...they look enough alike. Also, if you want to go the action/gore route, I think maybe Half-Life....but, I don't know...*shrugs*

19. Novus

Novus Gone

Cast Gackt in any role and you can guarantee an audience of entirely fangirls. Seriously, who else likes this guy? And outside of Asia, he isn't exactly what you'd call "bankable talent". Furthermore, knowing Square Pictures, if they did make such a film, it'd be computer-animated, so that's right out.

20. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

Final Fantasy VII ( currently in the making of the movie stages)
    Devil May Cry
    Red Faction 1-2
    Deus Ex

They would all Be PROPER AMAZING! :anime: