Video Games Which Games Would Make Good Movies?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blue Crow, Feb 1, 2004.

1. toejam

toejam New Member

Viewtiful Joe would make a cool movie. Henshin a Go Go Baby!

2. Novus

Novus Gone

It just occured to me how cool Fallout 2 and Septerra Core would be. Both would seem more like B-movies, though. Not really A-list material.
    Oh, and Crusader of Centy (back on the Genesis) would make a hilarious animated feature.

3. Hice

Hice New Member

The first Diablo game could work as a movie.

Legend of Dragoon would make an EXCELLENT movie.

And I was gonna say FFX, but the game itself is vcery movie like(And it would be one long assed movie).

4. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Grandia 2, FFVII, FFX, MGS Snake Eater, Tony Hawk's Underground. Splinter Cell would be a pretty good animated movie, So would LoD.

5. Appleboy

Appleboy New Member

Ever seen a movie called "Grind"? For those of you have, I hope you can agree that it's a bowl of crap. I don't know about you guys, but I sure don't want to see a another movie about a kid trying to get sponsored...

6. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Grind was hillarious and awesome! The music in it ruled too! :anime:

7. bluefuzyslipper

bluefuzyslipper New Member

A Zelda movie with real people would be great. Sometimes animated movies get dorky. But Ive seen the guy whose doing the Zelda movie's work, and hey he's pretty good. Also, it would be kool to see how they would make the weapons and triforce.
    :catgirl:

8. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

I think maybe a Metal Gear Solid one.

9. Novus

Novus Gone

I have a few old-school thoughts here.
    Looking back at the NES, consider these games:

Deja Vu (I know I missed some accents there ...) - the game is about a man who wakes up in a bathroom somewhere, and realizes that he has entirely lost his memory. Then he tries to piece together what happened to him the night before, and discovers all this dramatic stuff. The plot's probably been done a million and a half times, but it'd still be cool. Especially because it plays out like an old Bogart film.

Nightshade - superheroes are huge these days, and Nightshade was a pretty hilarious one, talking to seagulls and battling an Egyptian god. It would probably be sort of Mystery Men-styled when put on film, but with only one main character instead of a team.

Final Fight - Capcom's brawler game that invented all of Zangief's moves for Street Fighter. The plot was cheese, but then how many action fans really care about that so much as stunts and explosions?

And on the Genesis side:

Streets of Rage - much for the same reasons as Final Fight, Streets of Rage would be really fun. A group of vigilantes punching through thugs and the like to make it to eventually bust some crime boss.

Moving away from the old-school tangent, but keeping with this little brawler theme, Fighting Force for the PSX and N64 would be a good movie. It would likely look a lot like a Streets of Rage movie would, but the characters would be better, and someone would fire a gun now and then.

10. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

Prince of Persia and Metal Gear Solid (the first one) would make pretty good movies, but the one I really want to see is Beyond Good and Evil. It has a good plot, interesting settings and characters and a strong female lead whose breast are proportional to the rest of her body. The only problem is that I seem to be one of the five people who has actually played the game. Poor Ubisoft, they never can get a break.

I'm really worried about the Silent Hill movie. I heard that one of the guys who worked on House of the Dead is connected to it somehow. Considering how that movie turned out, this is definately not a good thing.

11. Yugi_Boy

Yugi_Boy New Member

I think Metal Gear Solid (the first one) would make a perfect movie. Of course they have to remove some of the uber many conversations though.

12. shippogirl

shippogirl New Member

kingdom hearts

I would say kingdom hearts :blush2: :anime:

13. Jam Chii

Jam Chii New Member

Personally, I think Disgaea or La Pucelle or Phantom Brave of Nippon Ichi would make a great movie.

14. LoSeR

LoSeR New Member

I think that a movie based on the hitman games would rock, just as long as they don't use ven diseal as 47. I mean the game already has a huge fan base. plus if u've ever played any hitman u know its a good story.

15. username

username New Member

!!!!!

well i would like to see any of the war games out there. I would just like to see the action and some plot.

16. ShatteredWings

ShatteredWings New Member

Personally, if they extended the mission on Dynasty Warriors 4, that would make an AWESOME movie. But, it would be hard to decide whgat character to make the main one...too many choice. I would choose Lu Bu...cuz he got a feather on his head xD

17. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

YEAH!!! FINALLY!!! I WAS SEARCHING FOR SOMEONE WHO SHARED MY IDEA!!! I LUV U!!! sorry...:D