Video Games Which next generation console(s) are you getting?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eternal-Blaze, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

So, the Revolution, the Xbox 360, and the PS3. Which one(s) will you be getting?

To be honest, I'm not quite sure if I'm going to get anything this generation. I ruled out any console from Microsoft just because they're in the gaming world for money. And I hate them. Nintendo's Revolution is my first choice. Their main controller will very similar to a remote control. It's done that way so that people who haven't played games before won't be scared by it because remotes are very well known and accepted things. The controller have an attachment port and it will have endless possibilities as shown here and here. It has motion sensing abilities so it has a lot of possibilities. But to be honest, I would much rather use a standard controller rather than trying to simulate all this stuff in real life. That's what we have virtual reality for. So, next is the PS3. The most powerful of the three. But it's weird controller will probably make it awkward to play games on and as always it will have a lot of problems over time. It's gonna be very expensive.

I'm actually considering skipping this generation and maybe picking up something that no one knows about. Maybe I'll get the next N-Gage.

2. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

ew n-gage...

anyway PS3 gets my vote...

I suppose neph will vote Xbox360 and chejo for the revolution

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

How many times have I shown my love for ...

:)

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The Revolution and the Xbox 360.

5. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

PS3 for the rpgs, XBox 360 is Shenmue 3 is announced.

1 person likes this.
  6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

PS3-Rpg's and super awsome graphics

X-Box 360-Maybe when Halo 3 comes out (pissed at 2's cliffhanger)

Revolution-Backwards compatible and awsome controller idea!

PSP-Already own. Gonna get GTA:Liberty City Stories and lots of fighting games!!

-Seishin

7. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Revolution most definitely, and possibly PS3. I'd only get the latter for RPGs, though, so I'll have to wait and see on that front.

8. Jet

Jet New Member

The Revolution has crazy nunchuck controllers. They actually could be pretty fun. I might get the Playstation 3 though, because I am a big fan of RPGs.

1 person likes this.
  9. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

What im wondering is if it contains a motion sensor, to be used as a sword and such in action games, etc. Imagine fighting the bosses with a semi-virtual reality controller/sword in Zelda, That would pwn.

10. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

11. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well, my last console was the PS1 (old grey, boxy one) and that was back in its prime. I have long said that PS3 will be my next console, which presumeably releases next year at some point. But the price strikes me... I did say I won't worry about the price of the console before, but I'm thinking otherwise now. Might get a second-hand PS2 (the old one) and a harddrive for it, so my friend can transfer all his games over to mine... for free!

PS3 will wait.

- Shen

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I like how people are already saying "Console X has better graphics!" when we haven't actually seen real field tests with ANY of them. Just like last generation, the graphics will be pretty comparable. Don't buy into catchphrases like "Cell processing", because it's just carrying on the proud tradition of its forefathers, "Emotion Engine" and "Blast Processing".

13. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

im going for the PS3 but i heard its retail price is gonna be upwards of like 700 bucks or something INSANE like that.... im not entirely sure if thats true or not, but i still intend to go for the PS3 while my brother buys the XboX360. As for the revolution, i may buy one just for the sake of having one, with the hope that they'll put out some good games this time around.

1 person likes this.
  14. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

nintendo is a given, cant live without zelda. i cant say im not worried about that cursed remote though.
    i was going to get an xbox360 but after watching that mgs4 trailer..i dunno...im not a mgs fan but the visuals were quite impressive...if sony actually pulls off those graphics ill get a ps3.

1 person likes this.
  15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Yeah, Nintendo always steals ideas from powerpoint tools. NINTENDO IS SCREWING US AGAIN!

16. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

I don't know which one I will get I guess it depends on how much money I will have by the but I'm thinking about maybe xbox360 or ps3 or the Revolution if there is any good games for it though

17. Jet

Jet New Member

Nintendo likes to think of it as a "creative" way of reusing an older product. Plus, no one is going to play the Revolution anyways, so who really cares. ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Am I the only one here who thinks Nintendo's new controller design is bogus? It's a frigin' DVD remote. Kinda hard to play Zelda on a DVD remote, I don't care who you are.

The sad thing is I'll probably still get it...

All three infact. I'm a gamer and each system is going to have thier own killer app that will make them must have's to own. Right now though, I'm praying for an FFVII remake on the PS:3. Probably wont happen, but a man can dream, right?

~W

19. Dante

Dante New Member

The Revolution. No contest. 'nough said.

20. Julius II

Julius II New Member

Xbox 360 for me because i have an f-in crap load of xbox games and now the Square enix is now with them so its make xbox 360 so much better. But for ps3 and revolution who knows but with xbox 360 comin out first and ps3 comin out later who knows what might happen with the ps3.