Video Games Which next generation console(s) are you getting?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eternal-Blaze, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

PS3 gets my vote, the moment that thing gets out I'm gonna be all over it.
    It does everythin the X-box does plus more and, believe it or not it ranks with the worlds fastest computers, Overall evaluation of PS3? ... It rox,
    so i am definitly buyin one. :D

2. Orion

Orion Gears

Wow, how have I missed this thread? Anywho, I'm getting the X-Box 360. It's cheaper than PS3, is already released and PS3 isn't, and, in my opinion, have better games.

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the PS3, but i know that the price is going to be pretty steep. I'm also going to go and avoid getting the first shipment this time (should be to hard since feck all consoles will come to Ireland first time round), my PS2 is a first shipment and it can't even play the blue disks anymore. But i'm then likly going to wait till the price drops a little.

I wouldn'd mind getting my hands on the new Xbox360, but i'm just not up for shedding monyey for a new console at the moment, and i also hate the lack of games to choose from when ever a new console comes out.

4. Orion

Orion Gears

Wait, are you saying that 360 lacks games to choose since its release? 360 had a lot of games available at launch, such as...

* “Amped 3” (2K Sports)
    * “Call of Duty 2” (Activision Inc.)
    * “Condemned: Criminal Origins” (SEGA Corp.)
    * “FIFA Soccer 06Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup” (Electronic Arts Inc.)
    * “GUN™” (Activision)
    * “Kameo: Elements of Power” (Microsoft Game Studios and Rare Ltd.)
    * “Madden NFL 06” (Electronic Arts)
    * “NBA 2K6” (2K Sports)
    * “NBA LIVE 06” (Electronic Arts)
    * “Need for Speed Most Wanted” (Electronic Arts)
    * “NHL 2K6” (2K Sports)
    * “Perfect Dark Zero” (Microsoft Game Studios and Rare Ltd.)
    * “Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie” (Ubisoft)
    * “Project Gotham Racing 3” (Microsoft Game Studios and Bizarre Creations Ltd.)
    * “Quake 4™” (id Software and Activision)
    * “Ridge Racer 6” (Namco Ltd.)
    * “Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06” (Electronic Arts)
    * “Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland” (Activision)

I say no more. But if that wasn't what you were implying, I have wasted my time.:-/

1 person likes this.
  5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I ment when consoles are realesed in general... but point taken.

6. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I say MORE lol j/k. When i get my hands on the X-box360 those are the games i PLAN to grab as well i pray to God i get Quake 4 and Gun..possibly Need for Speed Most Wanted. (kinda funny most games are from Electronic Arts)

Also I believe Microsoft has learned from its past mistakes in the past with the first launch of Xbox. If i remember most of the games that were released for the X-box sucked A**gas

7. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Actually, a recent article says that the PS3 will sell between $300 and $400 and will come with a bundle of games and movies.

Source.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Woo~ 20 games. Certainly it's more than most system start-ups (I think the SNES had like, 3), but 20 games still isn't much to choose from. Obviously it's simply because it hasn't been around long enough to have built up a large amount of games.

Why would you spend 4 or 500 dollars on a system that barely has any games to play? It's better to wait until the price has dropped and the selection has grown, if I do say so myself.

Either way... I probably won't bother with any of them. Maybe in a few years when I can buy a second hand console for considerably less, but I'm not going to waste my money now on a system that (at the moment) doesn't have a single game that interests me, and when it costs a crapton of it.

I'm an old-school gamer anyway. :p

9. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

You mean RPG school gamer right :p

10. Reisti Skalchaste

...Yes. That is exactly what I meant. How COULD I have made that mistake. :rolleyes:

Still, '95 era and earlier is the golden age of video games. RPGs especially, because it was back when graphics weren;t the key issue in a game.

11. Orion

Orion Gears

Or maybe buy one ASAP and get your hands on the games as they come out along the way? :p In any case, I have to wait 'till Christmas for my 360, which bugs me. A lot. I mean it. Stop staring at me.

I plan to get some of the more hyped titles *cough cough*Gun, Quake 4, C:CO, Madden, Kameo cough* Man, there must be a flu goin' around or somethin'. ;)

12. Reisti Skalchaste

So you're going to buy a system for $400 that has next to no games and no guarantee of ever getting good games. :rolleyes:

Wait until the games are already released and buy the system after the buying rage calms. You'll save money and be a smarter shopper for it. All you'd get out of buying it now that you wouldn't get later is a small sense of satisfaction for having it first, right? I think it's hardly worth it.

Example - Atari Jaguar, if you'd bought it when it first came out, you'd be up the creek, it has so few games of any quality and died shortly after being released, if I'm not mistaken.

13. Orion

Orion Gears

The answer to your first staement: yes. :p I don't have that much patience when it comes to something I really want. So I don't want to wait for HALO 3 until next year, but I'm going to have to because of Bill Gates' idea.

If I wait, all I'm going to hear is how much the game kicked ass from my friends. And I don't want that. Yes, it is worth it in my eyes to say, "Ha, I got the game 3 weeks before you!"

And the answer to your last statement? I honestly don't think anyone bought the Atari Jaguar, so no one shall be up the creek.
    :D <-- Smiley face.

14. Dante

Dante New Member

Yeah for sports games and FPS games. :p

15. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

Problem is, really i have heared a number of 360's are breaking down, (HDD problems apparently) so I'm a bit iffy about gettin a 360 until this is fixed or if i get a PS3 first.

16. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

My next generation is an x-box. Th eonly reason I'd get a game cube is because of super smash bros. melee.

17. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Gamecube Revolution all the way baby!

I mean, what could be better than being capable of playing every single nintendo game that exists? (this is what I've heard will be available for the system, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong okay?)

18. Orion

Orion Gears

If it could do that, I would consider buying one. Still, I have issuses with that stupid looking controler. I guess I shouldn't judge until I've tried one out, but that's my opinion for now; Nintendo Revolution's controller looks ridiculous.

19. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

If it's between, X-box 360(I know it's out), Nintendo revolution, and the PS3, well I am a nintendo fan...so Nintendo revolution!!!:D

20. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

It's not a "could", it's a WILL.

They're controller may not look nice, but it gets it's designed job done nicely and it's capabilities are given a good reputation by other companies. SO good, in fact, that third parties are already copying it.

The controller will be the best controller for First Person Shooters, and because it looks like a remote, people who used to be intimidated by the complexity of the old controllers will feel more at home because they see remotes every day.