Video Games Which next generation console(s) are you getting?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eternal-Blaze, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Nice thoughts for the new gamers..who for some strange reason would be intimidated by a video game controller. But what about the gamers who are USED to the normal controller lay out and look. doesn't that intimidate them as well? or are we supposed to evolve into the rev's new type of controler?

2. Orion

Orion Gears

We don't evolve, we adapt. Just like when we adapted for the X-BOX controller when we had been playing PS1/2 for so long. This is a whole new thing for Nintendo in my opinion, they'll just have to play their cards right and hope for the best.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I just heard that SONY is rising the ante by making the PlayStation 3 "Blue-Ray Disc" capable. Blue Ray discs (for those that don't know) are Discs with far more capable amount of memory than a DVD or any PS2 or X-Box disc. I think it was around 8-10 Gigs, but I'm not sure. What I'm sure though, is that game can finally start coming with all the action packed hours of goodness from the past, and graphic from the present to make some tight games for the future!

This has me a bit more convinced towards the PS3.

-Seishin

4. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

As Shijin said, we gamers adapt. If we couldn't adapt, we wouldn't have been able to make the change from joy stick to d-pad, d-pad to analog stick, analod stick to two analog sticks, or the addition of shoulder buttons.

That was in their original design. There are a lot of problem with Blu-Ray discs, though. It's actually Microsoft that will add on Blu-Ray readers if it becomes the "new wave of the future" as Sony is saying.

5. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

I just relized that a whole lot of the PS2 RPG (almost all) games have sequals...I know i'm a little late but if the PS3 comes out, then don't you think some games that didn't come out with sequals on PS2 will come out on PS3!

6. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Id probably get the revolution or the PS3. But even then, I might just stick to my PS2, unless something really really good comes out, that wont work on PS2...its just that ive used it so long ive grown attached....:( !!!1 Whatever I just can't afford it too, lol.

7. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

PS3, Revolution, PS3, Revolution, PS3, Revolution...AHHHH...thats it...Bullet round up theres one bullet keep on shooting until one is broken then take the one that isn't...oh wait won't I have to pay for the broken one then...:sweat:

8. Orion

Orion Gears

That, made no sense whatsoever my friend. :p Anyway, everyone seems to be bashing on 360 since its release, but guess what? PS3 is gonna have problems too, every console does when it's released. The company realize's that they could have done something a little bit better and now they can't. Things get fixed, so while you guys laugh in us 360 fan's faces, we lie in wait until we can laugh in yours when PS3 is released. We wait, watch, and listen... :p

Seriously though, if you're waiting for PS3, 360 might be a good detour to get you through the long, hard, year-long wait.

9. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

While it is true that all launches will have SOME problems, the Revolution and PS3 definitely won't have as much as the Xbox 360. The reason why there were so many problems like shortages, bugs, glitches, breakdowns, etc. is become Microsoft rushed the release of the Xbox 360. They could have waited another year to prepare better for the launch. If you look at console sales for December, you'll realize that the GameCube sold more than the Xbox 360 in the U.S. because they couldn't make enough.

10. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

ANd now the reason they are barely selling the Xbox, is because of the Xbox 360, so now they are making less money because people want xbox 360 they won't buy Xbox's, and since now they are making Xbox 360 games, but there are barely any Xbox 360's...

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Chirstmas '06 will be the time for jolly games. The Revolution, the PS3, and X-Box 360 (all hopefuly without flaws and shortages) and everyone will get a happy next-gen christmas! Not that it will come cheap anyways....

-Seishin

12. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Do you know what the revolution is like?

I've heard that there are going to be a maximum of eight controllers that can connect to the revolution at the same time. Is this true? Anyway, Chrono Break is gonna be so cool.

13. Locke

Locke New Member

well concidering i already have a 360, i guess ill go for that. but i am saving up right now for the ps3, and ill play the rev when my friend gets it. and i know he will cause he's a nintendo fan boy of there ever was one.

14. marlefan

marlefan New Member

I agree that changing the controller can intimidate the older gamers (the ones that have played on the system for ages) and that it will be difficult for them to adapt to the new controller. But for me, a veteran nintendo gamer, I look forward to testing out the new controller, and hope to get used to the feel of it real fast.

15. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

PS3 just because i own a PS2 and i like the style of play over xbox but i would also buy a Xbox 360 just because it has amazing graphics