Cowboy Bebop who's cooler,vicious or spike?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by super furi, Feb 19, 2003.

1. super furi

super furi New Member

;) even though snake's like better than vicious, i thougt vicious is cooler because spike carried a pistol everywhere, and vicious had that sword and it fit him.

1 person likes this.
  2. Odin

Odin Member

Vicious is cool in a bad-guy "I will fight your gun with my sword" kind of way, though Spike apparently has had a lot more close brushes with death as shown in the series. Also, Vicious has all of those henchmen that Spike has to blast through whenever they encounter each other.

So my vote goes to Spike.
    -Odin

1 person likes this.
  3. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

I always support the evil... go Vicious, though by the look on his face he should lay off the caffein for a bit

4. super furi

super furi New Member

well, i guess

um, i guess ya got me there, that's true. spike is cool in a way, and i aint got nothin aginst spike, but i still like vicious.

5. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

Spike is the coolest, he never let go of Vicious' betrayel

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'd have to go for Spike, for him everything in the world is just copacetic and he can sit back and let things happen. Vicious is more violent and crazy...

7. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

Honestly I think Spike is the best and he's the cutest too. I know he died in the end but it was to get rvenge and try to stop all the madness. It was sad.

1 person likes this.
  8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

nither is cooler then the other.. they are both created with perfect harmony of good VS evil.

so they is both cool

KaMe

9. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Good point kame, Good vs Evil over a woman .. "Julia"
    They are both cool in their own way, for example Vicious determation and his deception. Spike being cool by being a slacker, but getting his work done.

10. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

Vicious would have to be the better man in my book. Even though Spike was avenging Julia in the end, he ends up throwing his life away while others still cared about him, like Jet and Faye. Such selfishness... you think Spike would have learned something during the entire series, but he looks for the easy way out his ordeal... death. As for Vicious, he's the bad guy. Even though I wouldn't have minded a change of heart for the better from him, I don't EXPECT a bad guy to learn anything in the first place.

1 person likes this.
  11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

ummm WHAT??

the intire story line is built on Spike and Vicious coliding in the end. Spike did not take the easy way out. he went and ended all the pain that vicious is causing ppl.. it was destined to happen..

KaMe

12. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

thank you!!! I'm not the only one who thinks so. Someone finslly agrees with me. YAY!!!!

13. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

I guess that makes sense, that it would make a better storyline. I just don't like the fact that he had to end BOTH lives to stop the vicious cycle between him and...and....Vicious (it was NOT a pun, i swear.) I thought he just out to settle the score between him and Vicious, not stop him from hurting anyone else. I assumed he thought he had no reason to live after Julia died.

14. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

the fact that spike dies a dramatic death at the end is what makes the story line awsome.. i mean everyone living happily ever after is just mundane.. and i mean if he lived ppl would say.. Keep bebop going.. but what sort of story line would it be after..??

a bad one

KaME

15. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Spike,by far.Sure,Vicious is cool,but Spike is the ultimate.You don't mess with a guy that survives a building explosion,climbs to what's left of the top of the building,and proceeds to fight his rival!And win,I might add.Plus Spike was skilled in the art of Jeet Kune Do.If he was without his gun,he could use that to beat the s*** out of someone.Vicious,on the other hand,was only seen using a sword throughout the entire series.

16. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

I can't choose between them!
    Spike is the funny guy and Vicious is the psycho. But if I had to choose...I would choose Spike because he's really really funny!! Lord knows I need a good laugh once in a while.

1 person likes this.
  17. Angel from hell

hey, being psychotic has it's funny moments too :p
    "LOL, look i just stabbed him using his own shin bone :D"

18. wasteofo2

wasteofo2 Guest

people are still saying that thanks to the fact that you aren't technically sure that spike dies and doesn't just fall down from exhaustion at teh end. and they have continued the story in manga, it's just like regular episodes of when spike was alive but without any mention of vicious or julia or the red dragon or aynthing like that

19. wasteofo2

wasteofo2 Guest

oh and i rather agree that spike took the easy way out and didn't learn anything and caused alot of pain from his death as well, though spike is the kind of person who needs a focus in life and without julia to love or vicious to kill he really has nothing to do but go after bounties and that was just kind of a thing to do while he always had it in his midn that one day he would escape with julia and live happily ever after. so even though he was being a selfish fool (i mean he didn't even shoot at vicious till he was like 5 feet away and tried to physically ward off his sword with a gun) it was kind of destined to happen. If spike had killed vicious and lived and the series continued it would be kind of pointless. the series was always balanced with throw away episodes which were good but had nothign to do with teh underlygin plot and serious episodes dealing with spikes past and stuff. faye allready decided her past wasn't worth chasing after and there were very very few episodes which were seriou (heavy metal queen comes to mind) that weren't dealing with spike vicious julia etc.

bassically without vicious and julia the series would have become monotonous and boring and have no reason for people to keep watching

20. Angel from hell

Quite alot beleive the fact that if Spike died once before & was brought back... why not again *scratches chin*