Saber Marionette Why SM is special to you

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Sachiko, Feb 16, 2002.

1. ANIKA1213

ANIKA1213 New Member

why is sailor moon special to me

sm is a awesome show it totally cool and it cool

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Obligatory

Remember that in this context, SM = Saber Marionette, not Sailor Moon ^_^

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, I've had a month to reflect... on a lot of things. You know, one of the things I discovered, was that I have been obsessed with SMJ. Truly obsessed. I mean, I used to pretend Cherry was real, I used to wish every single night that the girls and I would be together one day. I look back now, you could almost call it a form of insanity.

That's something I'm glad to have grown out of. I still love SMJ as much as ever, and for many of the same reasons, but I've finally admitted those facts I refused to believe for so long.

It might be a bit off topic, but it's something I felt I had to say, and this one seemed the best place for it.

Sometimes I wonder just how sane I really was...

4. Xel

Xel New Member

It's time for I, Xel-tan, the Lady Akai to share~!

Well, I never had the kind of deep affinity with Hana-chan that Aoi did, but it was close! It was close. He was my reason for getting into the series, after all. I was but a wee eleven-year-old back then. Something made me fall for him. That was about the time I began to show a budding interest in yaoi, but considering the circumstances and my age and all, I hadn't encountered any situations with the actual boy-love in action. So I suppose Hana was my first contact with this strange new world, as it were. And it was a tentative one, for sure-- considering that Hana never gets his man during the series (after the series is another matter entirely, and one that you all know I'll defend to the death, but I digress. ;D), but it was the presence of a gay man in an accessable medium all the same. Hmm, I'm not sure what kind of conclusion to draw from that. I don't really feel a need to, though.

I guess in short, SMJ came to me as a lot of things. Valuable things. Otaru/Hanagata was probably my first ever yaoi pet-pairing, and in a world where yaoi fans have an unfortunate track record of just bashing the hero's prospective love-interest(s), I liked the girls. I think that kind of balance helped prevent me from ever becoming a rabid idiot like so many zealots do.

It's also been a wonderfully valuable series and fandom in that I've watched it change so radically over the years-- though really, it's just my perception of it that's changed. We all saw what happened when I rewrote that one fic of mine. The tone changed. Hanagata's voice changed, too, and suddenly his thoughts and motivations became so much more ambiguous and complex. I like that. It makes me feel as though I've grown as a person. *laughs*

...but yeah, Otaru and Hana still end up together when all is said and done. *skitters away!*