Video Games Xenosaga

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by KaMeKaZi, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Shion: Guard -> Long Range Attack + Rain Blade + Rain Blade -> Boost -> Long Range -> Long Range Attack + Rain Blade + Rain Blade...

Massive destruction, and massive massivity.

No way! It's all about MOMO's henshin!!! Muahahahaha, Sailor MOMO to teh rescue! With a giant meteor and fishing rod!

But, yeah, Shion looks NOTHING like a lead character. But, her personality and "past" makes for very interesting storyline. And while I do think she's the LEAD, everybody has equal parts of the spotlight, with the exception of Ziggy and chaos...but even Ziggy had a good 10 minute cutscene just for his robotic-high-heeled-metallod-bum. ^_^

Oh, and is it just me, or did anyone else get REALLY annoyed by chaos' Alfalfa hair? It pissed me off, something fierce.

Oh, and the Swimsuit armor was the best. Not only did it give me a gaggle of Skill Points, but it's fun to beat people with three peopel in bathing material. Oh, and Shion was a cutie in teh suit. ^_^

2. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

I would put everyone in bathing suits in the last area of the game just for the heck of it. Looked stupid, but it was a blast. I like to use Junior and chaos in the swim trunks and KOS-MOS just being herself. They look a little like surfers.

MOMO doing the transformation was so cute. :) I mean, waaay cute, that transformation would have been a slick instant death ("GAH, DRAW BACK. IT'S TOO CUTESY!"). I like how she does the little hop after she says "Mystic powers... grant me a miracle!" Every time she fights, she's so... cheerful.

Heh. Alfalfa hair. It didn't bug me as much as the little battle openers at inappropriate times and so on. A friend of mine recently pointed out that chaos says "release SOME of thy powers" when he uses ether, not "release thy powers". She thinks it's hilarious every time: "Yeah, you could do better and grant me ALL of your powers, but I'll settle for less."

3. Fushigi Rockna

I'm a bit obsessed with Xenosaga right now. But I'm stuck at a boss so poo.

Hehe, I love chaos, hehe, and KOS-MOS. X) Shion's annoying, Ziggy has an evil monotone voice i wanna kill, Momo is a magical girl rip off, and I ahven't met Jr. yet but my brother commented he looks like Ron Weasley. X) But they're still poretty cool characters. Tho, I am very sad i can predict alot of why Ziggy committed suicide right away. --

Btw, you can skip the cut scenes ya know. :p I don't think there's really any reason to complain about them if you can skip them. (unlike in FF. "IS THIS SCENE OVER YET!?" when i didn't have my memory card, I was so pissed with playing FFX and having to restart the game and watch that annoyingly long opeing scene --)

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Shion's annoying ... care to elaborate that thought?
    Ziggy's voice is monotone because of his lack of personality. It's part of the whole archetypal cyborg. Same thing with Robocop.
    How can Momo be a rip off of a genre? You can't really rip off an archetypal generalization.
    And yeah, they are all poretty cool ;).
    I'm just messing with you.

5. Fushigi Rockna

Hehe,you could have a career in that type of stuff ya know. :p

Sure, why not? Let's see, i hate her voice, her attitude, her personality in general... and how in the world could anyone stay so pure and innocent after seeing the gnosis attack, KOS-MOS kill Virgil... the whole thing that happened in that part of the game. .___. She's just... annoying...

Still doesn't mean I can't like it. :p I know why he has it, I just don't like it. The things he says before a fight and after are so annoying after seeing them several time in the same monotone voice. --; it's worse than what KOS-MOS says.
    Fine then, she's basically every magical girl I've ever seen rolled into one.
    Okay, mocking my typos, will only get you burned.
    And you did a fairly good job at it too, except when it came to mokcing my typos.

6. Novus

Novus Gone

Shion: Much better. An opinion is just an opinion until you elaborate. Then it becomes relevent.

Ziggy: Would you rather he had a happy, cheery voice and bounced around whenever he spoke? Or maybe he could be a sad, depressed and gloomy emo sort? I think we're all better off with the archetypal cyborg.

Momo: Seriously, I was just playing with you.

Typos: Sorry, it just comes out sometimes. Beeing teh prefect tipist that I ma, I hav to maek funn of peeple.

7. Fushigi Rockna

No, it's just after an hour of playing, you get annoyed with it. That's why I don't keep him in my party much. Replace him with cutie chaos. :D

8. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I like Xenosaga. I'm practically obsessed. I play it like all day every other day, and half of the days I dont play it all day. Kos-Mos rocks! I got so mad when I saw they were going to change the way she looks in episode two. I like her the way she is.
    MOMO annoys the heck out of me. I swear, he as to be a sailor moon rip off. She almost looks exaxtly like her. And comon'. A wand?
    Ziggy is cool. He seems like a really nice guy. I'd definatly want a big brother like him.
    Chaos. My god. I'm going to go as far as to say I prolly have one of the biggest crushes on him. He's so sweet.
    Shion is to annoying. Noboy is thats pure. Geeze. It maes me want to bring he into battle just to watch her die. Of course, she a little weakling so I dont fight with her any way.
    Jr.'s cool. Definatly strong. But I haven't ued him enouh to know just yet. And I story's pretty good to. I cant wait to get off the gnosis sip.

9. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I really like Xenosaga- My brother can't for the life of him see why I want to buy it, but I'm currently looking for a copy on sale (80$ is a bit too much for me to shell out!)

If I don't find it before Christmas, it's on the list. I can't wait for episode two.

chaos is one of my favourites- he's like the opposite of KOS-MOS. It's really interesting because in the dictionary, cosmos and chaos are related.

I didn't like Ziggy at all- Ziggurat 8- pah!

I thought MOMO was a total rip-off of Chibi Moon.

I liked KOS-MOS, she's really funny, just by her lack of emotion. Not to mention she looks really cool- not like the first KOS-MOS that you see during the 'accident'.

Shion was an interesting character. She definitely does break the mold. Her voice was annoying, and I wasn't too crazy about her lines.

Jr. was cool too. I like the idea of him. The whole clone thing is interesting.

Okay, now I'm really psyched about episode 2 for several reasons. Now, is it just me, or does Shion's brother look a bit like Squall from FFVIII?

I liked the puzzles in the games as well, like when you have to get past the Gnosis on the ship.

I hope to buy it soon, anyhow...

10. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

...I don't usually post in this forum at all, but I've been watching my friend Joel play this movie....I mean "game" for the last few weeks. It really is a movie with a game attached. It's insane. KOS-MOS is awesome :D She's like the ultimate *****. She's all like... he was in my way.... so I shot him. I take great delight in watching this game.

11. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

In Classics the other day, one of my profs mentioned that "kosmos" is Greek for "order". Thus "chaos" and "kosmos" are direct opposites. Interesting.

That was bad-A there. :) "It would have lowered my accuracy to shoot around him... so I shot THROUGH 'im! Okay, let's continue on our merry way."

12. Fushigi Rockna

There's also if anyone remembers, this is seen in sailor Moon as well, Sailor Cosmos and Sailor Chaos. Cosmos = the ultamite goodness and greatness, Sailor Chaos = the ultamite evil. X) it seems the other way around in Xenosaga tho!
    Yeah, chaos being KOS-MOS' opposite... that may also explain why chaos' name is only lower case letters XD

WAHAHAHAHA!!!! XD XD Plus, Virgil was a scary freak! KOS-MOS is my hero for killing him XD He ate a realian... ew... that's basically the same as being a cannibal, the only difference is he was eating SYNTHETIC human. XD

13. Novus

Novus Gone

You know, I never thought of the whole case-thing until now.

Oh, and Virgil didn't eat Realians. He just ate their neural tissue. Is that so wrong? ... Okay, it's pretty gross either way. Honestly, how could somebody get their jollies from eating people's brains? Kind of like an old zombie movie, but with clones and robots and such.

14. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

*cue Resident Evil theme music*

VIRGIL: Brraaaaiiinnns. Braaaiiinnns.

Realian: Hello sir, I am built for the purpose of AHGHAGHAGHGHG *CRUNCH*

VIRGIL: Brrraaaiiinnnns.

Okay. Sorry. Had to do that. :)

I hated Virgil. Except when he would do that rather cool psycho laugh when you got to have him in your party. The one that says "I like to kill things!"

Something I just thought of: Did anyone else notice that the guy in the holding bay or whatever where the drill man is looks a LOT like Vanderkaum from XG? He's got the face paint and everything. Dunno what his name is, I don't remember it or if it was mentioned at all.

And I have to ask, having played XS with a friend of mine a few days ago:

Does anyone think that Wilhelm (the creepy young blond) ends up becoming Emperor Cain? It's a popular theory. I think he must, I mean, he has guys who seem like the Gazel already, he observes everything that goes on, etc. Also, I've heard that the Fei-lookalike person at the end of the game is supposedly Abel... can anyone clarify if this is true?

15. Novus

Novus Gone

Yeah, I thought that X-faced guy looked similar as well. He was great, for what little of the game he was in.
    You're all a bunch of slackers!

16. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I thought that guy was a complete jerk. KOS-MOS should've cut his head off or something. I didn't like him at all.

17. Novus

Novus Gone

You weren't really supposed to LIKE him, per se, so much as think his abuse towards his underlings was amusing. He was really just some comic relief in what otherwise turns out to be a serious situation.

18. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

The X-guy reminds me of Dilandau from Esca and his little whipping boy, Shesta. Every time something went wrong, all Dilandau had to say was "C'mere, Shesta," and backhand him upside the head. *WHAP*

Sure, he was mean, but he was pretty funny. Mr. Driller or whatever his name was cracked me up, too. Talk about obsessed. Xenosaga had quite a few memorable characters that weren't there for very long. The bunny with eyes in the back of its head still haunts me.

19. Fushigi Rockna

That e-mail bunny is just the cutest little thing... I'm hoping I'm not the only one that ntoiced its eyes were constantly spinning. X) (I'm sure I'm not tho).

When i was telling some people about Xenosaga I said "AND I HAD A CONVERSTATION WITH AN E-MAIL BUNYN!!! XD XD" now they all think I'm crazy... they seem to have the impression I was tlaking to the screen when I was having my 'converstation with the bunny'. --

20. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I think that femme is actually talking about the Bunny you physically find aboard the Encephalon, that owns the house. It has the same "face" as the U.M.N. bunny, but that's actually a fake. It's real face is on the back of its head and it WAS kind of disturbing to see it. *shiver*