Video Games Xenosaga

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by KaMeKaZi, Mar 14, 2003.

1. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Yes. THAT bunny. *shudders*

All I can think of to go with its face is Cliff Yablonski's quote "It is the Devil himself." That thing was... freaky.

The UMN bunny was considerably better. I did notice its eyes... like little hypnotic spirals. That was a bit odd, but it was adorable.

I found little Namco plugs with Shion spouting obvious advertising quite amusing. "This looks fun! I like video games," she says, desperate for people to buy more of her company's products. :)

2. Fushigi Rockna

Yeah and I'm sure that was what she was tlaking about, I was just reminded of the UMN bunny which i forgot to mention earlier. X)

Damn, I should like start the game over again... in order to beat this boss I need Shion's A.G.W.S but it's not 'fixed' from the last battle, and I ahve no um things that fix it handy. T-T I didn't get to stock up cause i didn't realize I needed it. X(

3. Novus

Novus Gone

Okay, the soundtrack just turned into Greensleeves ... so much for Mitsuda being a genius ...

4. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Go to "Zarathustra", or whatever that track is called. It's so much better. :)

I've heard in a lot of reviews that people think Mitsuda took the Irish influence too far when he added "Greensleeves". The music doesn't really fit the part of the game it's played in, either, IMHO. I also think the last boss theme lacks originality -- it is extremely similar in tune to XG's "Those Who Bare Fangs at God". It's nice for Xenosaga to have another connection to the other game, but when the song is almost identical, it's going a little far. I do like his use of a Latin choir, however.

5. Fushigi Rockna

PAIN tho, is a great song....
    The background music is nice so far to me... but then again, I can't say i'm far. T-T

6. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Pain is a wonderful song. I prefer Kokoro for some reason, though the instrumental is used waaay too often in the game for its own good. My favorite track is The Resurrection, with some great Latin singing... it's actually a version of a classical prayer song.

7. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

*tears*

My game stopped working.... :sad: :sad: :sad:
    But yeah, I liked Kos-Mos the most. Couldn't you tell? ^.^

8. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Yeah it is a pretty kickass game. I bought it last night for $10 used. I used to have a file, I was in the Jr. beginning I think, 6 hours in. Now I have to restart. I can't wait for the next game, Jenseits Von Gut Und Bose (Beyond Good and Evil)

9. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Ahaha. That is getting sigged.

10. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

Although still an excellent game, I'm still iffy on the gameplay for episode two. Episode one is my favorite game but from what I've played of two (keep in mind I haven't even reunited all my characters yet) the game is both better and worse than I expected. Certain changes are dissapointing, like the fact that Shion and MOMO have been reduced to having only L range attacks that work once per turn (unless you wait for another charge) and the tech system seems to have been removed, now everything has been converted to skill points. I still love the story though "Retrieve the Y-data!!!"!
    KOS-MOS has even less emotion than in the first and MOMO seems to be more robotic as well, did the writers forget that she is a Realian and not an Android! I still must play this game, if I died before finishing episode 6 I would so kill myself... Right.
    I realize that there seem to be a lot of chaos bashers around here. He might be a little fruity but personally, I think he's one bad mother******! (Spoiler) Who saves everyone at the end of Episode 1? NOT KOS-MOS, but chaos! I can't wait until his character is revealed, he's too mysterious. Is he an angel, a seraphim, some kind of weapon like KOS-MOS. There seems to be a link between the two after all. I need answers!