Recreation You and your avatar... and sig.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stardust Phox, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

We all use avatars -- either the ones provided by boards.jp or a custom one. Now, this isn't so much about why you picked that character/symbol/what-have-you as your avatar (feel free to say if you really want to, though). It's more about weird subconscious psychology type things. (Disclaimer: I am nowhere NEAR having knowledge of psychology. I'll take a class on it eventually, but as it stands, I know as much about it as a ten-year-old. ^^)

Why do you think you picked that pic as your ava and/or sig? Are you like the character? Would you like to be like the character?

My avatar is a picture of Neon Genesis Evangelion's (mad) scientist Akagi Ritsuko. Ye who have seen Eva, understand the implications of this. XD (Also, ye who have seen Eva, do know that I picked that as my ava before I ever saw the series, so HAH! :p)

Yet my sig picture is of a cute, innocent little girl. Note how the text on it says "naivete". Note how these are the two images I've chosen to represent me. Is Gata a bipolar schizo? Is she just biding her time before she commits mass murder and then pleads insanity? Does she have MPD?

The world may never know, but thanks for pointing that out to me, Arcueid. ^_^;;;

...so...speculate! ^_^;; */random*

2 people like this.
  2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

XD!

Hm. Well, I picked my avatar and sig because I'm a pinky. There isn't really a reason behind it all.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

My original avatar that everyone has come to love (whether they wanted to or not) was Turnip from Chrono Cross. I do phase from it now and then, but I always return to it again.

I chose turnip because it was the funniest looking avatar in the collection when I joined. Why did I go for what I thought was the goofiest looking thing? I guess it's a reflection of my own self-image.

My current avatar (Akashi) was chosen because he has green hair. Yes, that is why. For the longest time, I'd wanted to use a Saber Marionette avatar (being an obsessive fanboy), but couldn't really find one that fit me well. I did the Lime raspberry once or twice and a dancing Ponta-kun, but they just didn't really feel right. Akashi works, because his hair matches Turnip's. Spikey, leafy, and green. :)

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

While watching One Piece a bunch of neurotransmitters went through my cerebral cortex and a subconscious representation of myself could be found in the character of Usopp.. It was like synaptogenesis suddenly occured and the neurons that stored that character were not pruned and this materialized itself as my avatar! whatever that means XD

My signature is just a link to the One Piece forum to get people to come and post in it. I think I chose Usopp as my avatar, not because I'm a huge liar, but because I'm just an average guy who hangs around some pretty talented people.. My whole life has been like that more or less.

Edit: I've changed my av and sig! Now there's a bit of a pun in this, I'm that guy!, my avatar is that of Gai from Naruto, and I'm with a bunch of Pinky Streets in my banner.. so throw them all together and you get Pinky Street Gai.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dante

Dante New Member

Well, I usually just pick avatars and sigs of characters, etc. that I think are "cool". :p Not any REAL reason behind it, I just like 'em. Let's see, thus far I've had, that I can remember... Arche (Tales Of Phantasia), Bunji Kugashira (Gungrave), Amon (Witch Hunter Robin), Agent M (from the band Tsunami Bomb), Dante (Devil May Cry)... and some others thus far.

Though of course, Temari pwnz 'em all. :D

<3 Temari

I don't know why.

I just <3 her.

1 person likes this.
  6. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

My avatar and sig banner are both of a character named Chibisuke from the show Dragon Drive (though, in both, he has become the Senkou-Koolah). The sig is from a part in the opening of the show that I always found particularly powerful to me. The avatar I made just to have an avatar of him. :p

So, why did I choose Dragon Drive? Well, for starters, it's my favorite anime (tied with Princess Tutu; some of you may remember my old avatar of Drosselmeyer). There are other reasons, but I'd rather not go into them here at this time. Kinda personal.

Hmm... perhaps I should change my avatar to that of Chibisuke when he's not "transformed"...

EDIT: Done! ^^

1 person likes this.
  7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

My original custom av was a veritech by the robotech logo; it has come full circle with a veritech in front of an explosion. As for the current Angel Moon series of sigs, well I like the Angel Moon design and it often reflects my current mood.

8. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Well, I am the Aa! Megami-sama fan boy, so that's about it. And as usual, I like to fiddle with the pictures :)

Signature: No need to introduce the meaning behind it ;)

And for the the links: Well, basically, a link to the A!MS forum, and the "timeline" for the A!MS series to realise.

Biyuden is a new group from the Hello! Project team (Morning Musume, Tanpopo, W, Aya Matsuura, Mini Mono, Maki Goto etc.) and they consist of three members, as you can see. Names both in Kanji and romanized.
    And the reason behind it? Well, Rika Ishikawa is my favorite MoMusu member, topping over Hitomi Yoshizawa. Rika is, sadly, taking "graduation" from Morning Musume next April, which means that she leaves Morning Musume, and is going to mainly focus on Biyuden.

- Teddz

[Edit: Title means " Aa Megami-sama addict "]

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, as many of you know, I am currently (and likely always) using Cherry (Saber Marionette J) as my avatar. This is for several reasons.

First off, I am in love with Cherry. It's as simple as that. (Though love is never simple) Second, I want my avatar to look as good as it can, so why should I not use one of the most beautiful person I've ever seen? Although Cherry is female, and I'm male, I find myself preferring to use her as my avatar over any other. I've used a total of 5 Cherry avatars. (As of Jan. 29, 2005)

For those who knew me before I was a Power User, I used Rezo (Slayers) and Aya (Weiss Kreuz) as my avatars at that time. I liked their style. Rezo is the mysterious Red Priest, one of the wisest men of the age, and Aya just has that "don't mess with me or I'll kick your ***" attitude. I thought both were cool. Also, for a very, very short time, on my first day, before I had made any posts, I used an avatar of Faust (SMJ). I had this one for a grand total of... a few hours. Then, I switched to Rezo.

And my sig. It says "Cherry is my beloved." Well, why should it say anything but the truth? That statement remains true, so it remains in my sig.

As for my custom title, "Dark Angel," I wanted something that sounded menacing, while not sounding too evil. In the end, it came between 3 choices, and two were pretty crappy.

Dark Angel was my choice. It sounds cool, and also alludes to the heavenly being known as Cherry, who, as I said, I am using as my avatar.

Dark Dragon was my second choice. Since my user name means "God of Dragons," it seemed natural to use a custom title that complemented that. However, I chose Dark Angel over it because it sounded better.

My third, and crappiest choice was "Demon of the Light." I thought of it because it was the opposite of Dark Angel, while somehow ending up being kind of similar. I didn't really like it that much, though.

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

My avatar is Kawachi, from Yakitate!! JaPan!! He's got an afro and a smirk on his face in that picture. He's just got think "funk" that makes it a cool image. Add that to the fact that the manager of the bread place he works at ALSO has an afro....and you can count me as one of the two afro brothers. I like transparent parts of images, plus, it's fun just messing around with PhotoShop.

My signature, at the moment is some random anime girl that's taking off her stockings, and as far as that...it really has no meaning, other than it looking really cool when I saw it. Thus, I just had to make an image of it. The "Izzy" on it, is a small study on how to make the font look smooth, while making a clean black border around it. Then, I just used random brushes, and kinda blurred it out, to bring out the girl itself. As far as "hentai league" goes...well, me, Teddz, and Shen are apparently very perverted. And BB is an honorary membette. ^_^

The simple link is a link to my forum. Both in English and Nihongo.

Oooo, and my title means "member of a hentai club".

1 person likes this.
  11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I usually use matching avatars and signatures. Most of the time I use what I am currently obssesed with (Full Metal Alchemist at the moment!).

If I wasn't watching any anime I'd probably use anything, either a Boards.Jp's collection and try to find a matching signature, or some weird thingy that has some wierd sense of humor! (aka, Foamy!! [the "I am watching you.." version ^^)

But yeah, mostly is something that I am really into it at the time :)

12. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

My avatar is chosen because I eat people, via pouncing them from the shadows with my screwed-up teeth.

..you didn't hear that.

1 person likes this.
  13. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I'm also a Pinky, which is the reason for my avatar and sig. Normally, I try to choose anonymous characters that I feel reflect my mood, or anime characters that are similar to me (or that are just really cool! Oh wait, I already said similar to me :p)

--MT

1 person likes this.
  14. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

At the moment my curent avatar is Saya from Blood: The Last Vampire. I chose this cause i think that it goes well with my name. For some reason i don't think pictures of fluffy bunnies and such things go well with my name. But thats probably just me. When (and if) i reach power user status (2 points to go and counting) i might change my avatar to something else and i'll also put in a request for a piture to go along with it.

At the moment my sig it just my favorite lines from the film Dogma. And i know that a few people out there seem to like this sig so i think i'll hold onto it for a little while, or at least until i find something else that has a mixture of comedy and meaning.

15. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I have many home-made avatars. The ones I use usually reflect my personality in some way, or if I just really like the character.

As for signatures, right now, I have quotes that reflect me personally, but I have a signature coming soon that will show my favorite underrated female characters from anime and from the Sonic the Hedgehog comics (because they now have an "anime-esque" style in their art).

16. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well as many of you may have noticed, I favor using pics of Kagome in both my siggy and av, presumably since I *am*, of course, Kagome's Arrow, though I'm thinking of shortening it to plain Kagome now that the user identity is available.

My current sig/av, which I just uploaded moments ago, is actually a fanart of Kagome done by the author of one of my favorite Inuyasha fanfictions (most avid ff.net Inuyasha readers have at least heard of it), Dead Famous. Though I prefer a selection of her other works, this is by far one of her most excellent fanarts (Well it might not exactly be fanart, since she *wrote* the scene the image portrays, but the characters aren't original so maybe..). For those of you who are familiar with it, this is a selection from the scene where Inuyasha lets the cat out of the bag regarding his feelings for her. Actually, it was more like the cat shredded the bag in this instance...

The quotes are just a few things I picked up through fanfiction that struck me as humorous. I'm planning on removing/replacing them with something slightly more personal shortly.

17. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

With me, I usually change my avatar when I'm in a really strong mood. Like when I'm extremly happy, I look for a funny or cute one, when I'm extremly sad, I look for one that looks a little more malancoly. It's not like I try to find things like that. I think it's more of an un-conciouse (sp) thing. So, just my looking at my Avatar, you can usually tell what my mood is.
    My sig, the quotes are usually just little funny or sweet things I've thought up, and the pics are just pics I'm really proud of. I don't think I've ever been able to make one, or request one that really explains me.

18. Rei Subarashii

Rei Subarashii New Member

I change my avatar when im a feeling strongly about somthing, but it also changes with my mood as well.

19. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i agree with rei there. mood affects my avatars alot. currently, since i've been able to uplaod them myself, i've been drawing my own and changing as i need. this one just works for now i guess...

20. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

Well, I usualy change the quotes in my sig when I feel a strong emotion, like Im realy happy today, so I put a quote in my sig about a toilet :D , and the picture in my sig, well thats harder to explain, I usually put pictures of the characters that Ilike from animes in my sig, like Jakotsu for example, and my avater, I change whenever I get tired of it.