Recreation You and your avatar... and sig.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stardust Phox, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Shiryuu

Shiryuu New Member

avvie: Its the most interesting looking of all the other avvies I had to choose from (there are probably new ones now, but I don't feel like looking). And Shishio is cool anyways.

sig: I'm out of sig ideas, so I just used this naruto gif.

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

For avatars, I usually pic characters that resembles me, looks, character personality etc..
    For my first two sigs, I picked images that reflect my mood.
    However now, I have to make the sig in such a way that matches my avatar and reflect my personality.

Thus the Shizune Avatar and Sig.

I hope in the near future, I'd join the Pinky's quest to take over the world :D.

3. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

my av and sig are of one of my fav characters
    the newest one
    they change
    so it could be different in a week but they tend to stay as a favotrite character of mine from a manga/anime

4. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

I love URD :). She is very hawt, smart, gets up to things and so much more I can't even list it all. IF I could look like that YEs. I think my personality kind of matches with hers. As for the sig, lol I seen it and just had a laugh.

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I'm a fanatic of the Saber Marionette series so that's why I used an avatar and a sig of Cherry, my favourite character there. Now I'm power user and I'm using an avatar of Hawkeye from Seiken Densetsu 3. I'm very like him, romantic and funny at the same time. SD3 is also one of my favourite videogames.

I think I'm going to keep changing my avatr to Cherry again someday or maybe to Riesz too.

6. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

My avatar is my favorite anime character of all time- TSUKASA from .hack//SIGN. I fell in love with his character because he is so much like me (or am I like him? i dunno...)

My sig now is a quote from one song that I wrote
    "What am I to believe in-" that one is from the song "Ebony"
    And I also have a link to my live journal.
    still reign-of-dreams at heart (my old name was Reign-of-Dreams but I recently got it changed to Amarhyllis)

I chose that quote because at the current moment in life that's how I feel most of the time. It represents me in ways that I can't hope to escape from.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

My avatar is the original anime version of Sephiroth. And my sig is the new Advent Children Sephiroth. I chose him because he seems to be a very intimidating character. Not that Im intending to be one, it just matches with the name. And as for the comment I make at the end, "We're nothing like god. Not only are our powers limited, but we sometimes are driven to become the devil himself " is just a quote from Chapel (Trigun).

-KaiyonTormentor

8. SMcCarrick

SMcCarrick New Member

My avatar is Cactaur from Final Fantasy. I love Final Fantasy- it was one of my most awaited films in a long time, and I have watched it several times. The reason I chose Cactuar, is because as I live in a townhouse, and do not have my own garden, I collect Cacti- and include in my collection one which is almost 8 feet tall (I had to move it from the kitchen when it hit the ceiling!).

My sig is Merlin's Charm of making from Excalibur. I normally have links to the clips in my sig, but I have them hosted on boards.ie which has a few probs at the moment, so I cut them.

I am a big fan of Japanese culture/food etc- and adore anime.

S.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes I enjoyed the film, and must watch it again! Well met SMcCarrick.

Anyway, my avatar is Doctor Daisuke Ido, from Gunnm AKA Battle Angel Alita (soon to be made into a CG film by John Cameron). More avatars here:

http://www.boards.jp/members/cloud/

on a page that hasn't been updated in a while (since the M2A -> BJP changeover).

1 person likes this.
  10. BEAT

BEAT New Member

My avatar is from CastleVania, just because I like the game.
    My nick is from a movement in the 50's started by Jack Kerouac..one of my favorite authors.
    my sig is my personal motto, it's how I live my life ;)

11. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Let's see my avatar is Sesshomaru from Inuyasha. I chose him to match my sig. "Everything you say is tedious," is a quote form Sesshomaru. I bascially believe evrything you say is tedious. The other part of my sig is to get others to join the Manga Ring.

12. Zealot

Zealot New Member

I specifically joined the boards to take part in a Roleplaying game with two of my friends, "Dawn of Destiny"
    When I created my character I was obsessed with the movie "Van Helsing" so I made my character a special kind of werewolf, so when I was choosing an Avatar I wanted one that was from one of the shows I watch, looks a little bit like me, and would fit the part of someone who turns into a werewolf for the RPG. This picture of Miroku from Inuyasha was the best one I liked.

My signature is the chorus from one of my absolute favorite songs, "Kryptonite", and if you look at it in a symbolic sense, it also fits with my RPG character the werewolf.

If I go crazy then will you still call me superman, (When I go crazy on a full moon will I still be the same person in my friend's eyes)
    If I'm alive and well will you be there holding my hand, (If I can never die, will you be with me or will I outlive you all)
    I'll keep you by my side with my superhuman might, (while I can I will use my curse to protect those I care about)
    Kryptonite. (symbolic of his one weakness - Silver)

13. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Hm...
    My avatar is Gouki/Akuma from Street Fighter, which i have from my current addiction to Streetfighter Online.

Sig is a quote from Fable.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Things have changed a little bit, so...

My avatar is still Cherry. I don't think I'll be changing to any other any time soon.

My custom title is a play on the fact that I am a moderator. Simple as that.

As for my sig, it's gonna be a chang-y one. The pic is, as always, declaring my love for Cherry. Then there's the snippet about joining the Cherry Fanclub, and we still haven't recieved enough applications, darnit!

As for the quote, it's mainly a ploy to draw attention to my dying forums. Trigun was the most needy, so I started with that. Every so often, I'll change to another quote, advertising another forum. Probably I'll do Outlaw Star/Angel Links next, then Books, or Card Games, and Humour, being the most active, last.

Mostly, it's simple stuff, but, ehh.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

My avatar is always going to have Roy Mustang. The man's the fricking sh**. Also because i love FMA. I change it every now and then, but it's still Mustang in it, just more bad A$$! Regarding my sig, well...i think that's the funniest anime expression i could find. Although it looks kinda egh, i still like it, because that is no better way to show the "scared to death" anime look!

-Seishin

16. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Maes Huges. The guy looks happy, Im happy as well! Why wouldnt I be!? Plus i always make it matching Avatars and Sigs.

-K

17. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Mine kinda looks like me...If my hair was darker. It's about that long now though^^

18. Vatina

Vatina New Member

The avi I have now is because I love Trigun.... I'm not a big Meryl-fan, but thought that I'd better choose a girl so that people wouldn't get confused :p

My sig banner is one I made for my forum recently, because I was in a pretty bad mood. It says "Sayonara" because I was thinking of leaving. Now I have it here too, just because I thought it had such a pretty picture :p

19. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

An update

Things have changed a bit so...

My avatar is from Fullmetal Alchemist, a wonderful japanese work. Mustang is one of the best characters in the serie. Why did I choose it? For no special reason. I rarely pick avs of the main characters.

I currently don't know what title to use. I've ran out of ideas. May someone help me? I don't think that the actual MSN title would be fine ('The Great').

My sig still has Cherry in it. I wanted something funny and I thought in one of her many daydreams. I wanted to show a different side of her.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I've got a female avatar, and only one person ever mixed it up. :p

Anyway, I've used Cherry as my avatar since early September, I believe. Just before Jedimdo joined. Here, is every avatar I ever used on this forum up to this point.

I just don't feel like myself anymore, if Cherry isn't my avatar. It's just... weird. That Zim avatar was only used for a few days. Usually I leave them for a month.

And my sig is ever proclaiming my love for Cherry, and my membership in the Cherry fanclub, simple as that.