Eirtaku Anime cinema in Dublin! ...kind of

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kenshin, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Ariala

Ariala New Member

Personally, I don't think my Eva DVD is all that bad. It's definitely watchable, unless one is a perfectionist.

Dubs, subs, either way it's still anime. There'd only be a few dubs that would be too painful to sit through. I usually buy dubs because they're cheaper, but subs are always good to see.

2. dack

dack New Member

we hold our own anime nights here in NUI maynooth. every wednesday there is an episode of tenchi muyo, gasaraki, cowboy bebop, revolutionary girl utena, lain, neon genesis evangelion at 7pm. during easter we showed all of cowboy bebop and neon genesis evangelion over four days. i think this weekend all of lain is going to be shown.

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

dack, that sounds really good... I wonder if there's something like that in Dublin already...?

How many people usually go to it?

4. dack

dack New Member

not many im afraid. ive been trying to convert my friends into watching anime with a lot of success. however last week at one stage it was only me and the guy who owns the anime being shown, were there. sometimes we might get about 10. anyone is welcome to come along if they can make it. were in our 7th week now i think. however this means that we cant get to see all of the series before college is out.

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

It's hard to get people to like anime... Most people either hate it or love it...
    I assume there will be less than five people going to this thing on wednesday... maybe I should promote it more (but I'm lazy :) )

Do you watch DVDs, or DivXs or VHS? And do you watch everything subbed or dubbed?

6. dack

dack New Member

alot of people new too anime are nearly afraid of sub, so we put alot of it in dub. thing is the dub for cowboy bebop and especially lain is excellent. utena we put in sub as the dub is just awful. eva is sub. and tenchi we do in dub. all of it is done on his dvd's, except for the directors cut of eva episodes 21-24, and rebirth, and he didnt have end so i gave him my not great quality divx of it.

7. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Ok, Now I'm not sure if should do the anime thing on wednesday or friday...
    On friday at 5 there is going to be a showing of Lord of The Rings, and there will probably be around 100 people showing up for that. My friend who is organizing it suggested showing anime after LotR. He is also going to make some posters for LotR so I can advertise the anime on them too....

Ariala, would you go there on friday?

8. dack

dack New Member

putting on a short anime series would be good, we put lotr on over the easter, but your friend would want to be careful about advertising his showing of an illegal copy of lord of the rings.

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Apparently they've been doing it like that for years, and noone has ever said anything...
    What do you think I should show...?

The only dubbed things I have at the moment are Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll and Fist of the North Star...

10. dack

dack New Member

films you could put on are patlabor 1 and 2, street fighter 2, macross plus, wings of honneamise, genocyber, cyber city oedo 808, blood the last vampire, perfect blue, detonator orgun,

some short anime series are golden boy(6 episodes) very funny,
    you could show first 6 episodes of tenchi muyo, burn up warrior,
    bubblegum crisis(8 episodes),

11. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

well if its on friday sometime I might be able to make it... depends on the time of course, my last bus home is around 8pm

damned bus eireann
    if I can make it, I have street fighter2 ,and Gits on DIvx.. and a few other anime series i can burn to cd , but they ain't great quality... mostly Rm files.

i have akira, and ninja scroll on dvd too
    if it's on early enough in the afternoon, I'll try to make ityeah

12. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

It would be cool if you could go to it, Mordeth, even tho Galway is so far away..
    I'm not sure about when exactly the anime is going to start. I think Lord of the Rings starts at around 5 pm, and lasts about 3 hours :(
    Maybe if Cloud gave you a lift home, you could come :)

I'll email you some of the anime that I have.

13. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

hehe, well from dublin i can go home (real home) to carlow no problem on friday, so I wouldn't mind stopping off for a few hours to watch animé.

that's why i couldnt go during the week, couldn't miss so much of college.. parents would murder me heh..

hrm, well if the anime is starting at 8pm that's me pretty much not able to go :(

i'll see if I can get somewhere to stay the night or something, I'm not too pushed on going home hehe. might head back to galway the next day and watch love hina again

14. Ariala

Ariala New Member

Sure, I'll come. Where exactly is it going to be on?

15. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I might come. Sort of 50/50 at the moment. If you say when it's on, I might bring my friend as well.

16. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

/me is drawinng a map

I'm pretty sure it'll be on at 8pm
    And Lord of the Rings at 5pm if you want to watch that.

17. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

18. Ariala

Ariala New Member

Great, thanks. I'll see if I can get there without getting lost -_- Is it a different place for Wednesday, or the same?

19. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Actually, I forgot to mention, the thing on wednesday has been moved to friday... oops, sorry :)

20. RichyX

RichyX New Member

Any chance of a Cork version of this?
    I know there were a lot of members on the old board from Cork.