Eirtaku Anime cinema in Dublin! ...kind of

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kenshin, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Kuroi Kenshin

Kuroi Kenshin New Member

Hehe.. actually I've never seen any Dragon Ball series in anything other than spanish. It's just so unintentionally funny(while still being cool), I just love it. I'm not sure how many times in any other dub Goku says the line "I don't believe it"(well it's really "it can't be" but I prefer the other translation) but he says it an awful lot in the movies I have and it's just so damned funny. Goku must be easily astounded.Dubbed in Spanish at least it's one of my favourite anime series of all time it'd probably be just as great in japanese but maybe without as many comical scenes for the right or wrong reasons.

Whatever about the dialogue in Spanish Goku, I think, sounds pretty cool and that little pig guy(I can't remember his name right now) is hilarious.

The movies and episode from the series I have are on VHS and I don't have the equipment to put it on CD but when you come up again when we have another anime showing I'll bring it along.

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

well if it's in spanish.. er.. hehe

3. Shelly Tsuki

Shelly Tsuki New Member

Suggestion

.......um i'd LOVE to go but i'm down in Cork........but if your still doing it next year.......i'll be there!

my suggestion is if you have the Scifi chanel, record Black Jack the movie on saterday, thats one kick *** movie, and isn't so violent as it can be shown to under 18s but its kinda graphic with it being a medical based thing, and you would really have to like anime, or have adecent IQ to enjoy it...............

but, Fist is pretty violent in its own right........

Suggestion No.2 is get the Scifi soc to help pay for a new vid in Forbidden planet....... if every one chips it it wont be too expensive , and you have more of a chance of finding something suitable for everyone......

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I would love to set up an anime society for next year... We would get money from college to buy things :)
    I dont know enough otakus here tho :(

5. RichyX

RichyX New Member

I'd love to join any group of anime fans.
    Got lots of stuff I could provide.

6. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

well.. we have all summer to do something :)

7. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

All I gots is Akira and all of SMJ. I wont be able to get more until the end of summer, but come that time, I'll spend a **** load. That'll be sweet. You can use my stuff if you want sometime.

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

we should have a big anime trading festr over the summer :)

9. Kuroi Kenshin

Kuroi Kenshin New Member

hmmm.. Blackjack I don't think violence will be a problem. If we can take Battle Royale I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. Is anyone here actually below the age of 18 anyway?

Mordeths idea of an anime trading fest thing sounds good. I literally have tons of the stuff.

I just got Outlaw Star and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 on DVD and I'll probably get the Evangelion perfect collection in a month or two(I'm quite broke at the moment).

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

same as myself :) evangelion and escaflowne box sets are my plans for the summer..

only thin I aint sure of is whether to buy them at amazon.com or discountanimedvd.com ... discountanimedvd is a LOT cheaper.. but i'm not sure what the quality would be like etc etc.

plus amazon only lists an english dub.. but I can't believe they would have an anime dvd without a jap dub...

*shrug*

any suggestions?

11. Kuroi Kenshin

Kuroi Kenshin New Member

I'm not sure whether your refering to the Evangelion or Escaflowne boxset but I know for certain that Evangelion has a jap track along with an english, spanish and possibly french. As for Escaflwone I'm almost certain it does.

Last time I checked amazon listed the price for the Evangelion box set at $169. However just last week, before I realized I couldn't afford it, I was about to buy the box set brand new on ebay for $99 and if your fortunate enough you might get it for less. The cheapest I've seen it listed for on an online store is $89 but I can't remember the name of the site. I'll check it out if you want.

BTW. On discountanimedvd.com be sure you don't get the really cheap version of Evangelion it's utter crap, seriously.

12. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

really? hrm.. i spose it would be worth spending a lil' bit more cash for good quality

*shrug* hvae to get a jhob first.. :)

13. Shokanshi Ascot

Shokanshi Ascot New Member

Well, I have seen ALL of Dragon Ball to be honest, without censorship. That means all of Dragon Ball (178 episodes) plus all of Dragon Ball Z (291 episodes) and Dragon Ball GT (64 episodes). And I am not a big fan...

I have seen the mexican-spanish dub, but I saw all the DBZ movies in spanish-spanish, and honestly I don't like that dub at all. I mean, some dubs done in spain ROCK, particularly the ones of Evangelion and Utena, but not of DBZ...

I hope we can set up something over the summer! I am eager to show you people the Gundam movie trilogy. Star Wars and big-robot fans will like it a lot!

14. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Wow I didnt know that there were over 500 episodes of DragonBall!? Are you sure that's right? I know DB has been on spanish TV for quite some time now... I guess that's why...
    I would like to watch Gundam, alot of people seem to like it and I havent watched any of it yet :)

15. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I haven't seen gundam either. But I like Star Wars and big robots.
    Wh00000t! Star Wars and Big Robots!

16. Shokanshi Ascot

Shokanshi Ascot New Member

Great!!!

Be ready though, what I will show you all first is the Gundam movie trilogy, which was animated originally in 1979 as a TV series, later on compiled as the three movies. That means the animation is much older-looking than what you are used to.

And yes, Dragon Ball, if you add up the three anime shows, has over 500 episodes:

Dragon Ball - 178 Episodes
    Dragon Ball Z - 291 Episodes
    Dragon Ball GT - 64 Episodes

That totals 533 episodes in all! Scary! And I have seen all of them between 1997 and 2000, because they showed it on TV in Argentina...