Recreation any got theory on the downfall of the earth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightwarrior, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Black Rose

Black Rose Guest

My own theory for the downfall of the Earth is Human kind and their stupidity!:mad:

2. Fushigi Rockna

Thank god someone agrees with me!!!

And then the Black Rose duelists will take over.... :D

Attached Files:

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I am tempted to agree with User18. In reality, I think that there are things I would like the downfall of the earth to be, but I can't predict the future, so I think I'll just do some wishful thinking.

4. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

You guys do know that in MILLIONS of years, the sun will explode? Like all stars, they must die eventully. And when this happens... it will obviously destroy earth and humanity.

Atleast, that's what I heard. Depressing, isn't it? Then again, (since this is millons of years ahead,) humans might just kill one another off to extinction before then. The thought of that is horrible, but sadly.. true. The world is always fighting!

5. Fushigi Rockna

It's all just an endless cycle of revenge really....

However, somewhere... out there.... anotrher planet will be made... and beings on that planet will horrificly resemble the anient beings of earth in appearance and attitude...

Hopefully before that we'll discover aliens. ^^

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Provided we haven't managed to colonize worlds outside our solar system. While it could take a while given that we probably won't discover an FTL drive, we could still do it.

Anyway, I don't particularly feel "worried" about the end of the Earth and humanity. I mean...

Earth.

One planet.

Whoop de doo.

Now, imagine the biggest thing you can possibly imagine.

Now make it bigger.

Keep making it bigger until you go insane.

The universe is absolutely huge. Keep in mind that in photos of our galaxy, Sol is just one itty bitty star in a rather unremarkable section of the galaxy. You'd have to soom WAY the hell in to actually see the planets.

Keep zooming out and you realize that our galaxy is but one of many many many many many more.

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Okay first if the sun does explode we would still have approximately 20 years to find a way to live without it. basically with all our technology we will survive that when it happens. Like when a star does explode we don't see it disappear till years later.

As far as humans killing each other off I think that is doubtful. Peace will come before that happens. After all humans want to survive at all costs. Disease is a possibility but usually whatever place has the disease gets blocked off from the rest of the world.

I believe 3 things could happen. 1. Big bang happens a meteorite gets past the ozone layer and distorys life on the planet more then likely something will survive. 2. God. what i mean is that in every religion there is a god or some type of god so when everyone finds out that he was made up (not saying he is. i do believe in god) and all their beliefs were wrong then i could see society dying off. After all a form of god is everybodys life one way or another. 3. Aliens. The universe is after all a huge place are we nieve enough to believe we are the only ones out there?

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

erm...

if the sun exploded... it would take out the entire solar system...

9. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Yeah and not only would it engulf the entire solar system, light only takes about seven minutes I think to reach the earth. So it ain't gonna take 20 years. Those looking at the sky would probabaly be blinded, but that wouldn't matter becasue we'd all be fried in a matter of seconds or minutes(not sure exactly how long it'd take to burn us)

And if the sun did for some reason just stop, I really doubt we could survive with out it.

But if we survive til then(along with technology) and haven't made it out of the solar system by that time, hell we deserve to get fried.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

the aliens that created us will realise that their experiment is failing and destroy us, or we will destroy ourselves with nuclear weapons

11. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Geez, like that's possible ya hoser. Why don't you take off!

Here's what I really think, the whole world is like going to run short on beer... don't ask me how but there's going to be a huge shortage eh. And from this people are all going to get in fights because they're all cranky from having like no beer... But then Canada will step in and say like "We've got some beer so stop fighting ya hoseheads" and from that day on there will be like another Canada day from us like saving the world, eh.

12. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Snipping biscuits! I think GOD will take care of everything :D He will come thru :D So yeah i belives that this whole destoying bad people *cough* M.. and cleanse the world :D and it will be peace and love!

13. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

So you propose a sort of ethnic cleansing then?
    Interesting concept.

Okay so ethnicity has nothing to do with it but you know what I mean.

14. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Bob and Doug MacKenzie hijack another account ;)

15. Naru

Naru New Member

Awww thats like the cutest thing I've ever read. I love it when your angry its soooooooooooooooooo cute!

16. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Since this will be millions of years from now, humanity might not even consider Earth their home anymore. By than, we would have colonized space and the whole Star Fleet theory of the late Gene Roddenberry would come to past.......

Vic

17. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

i think it's cute people assume humanity will still be around in millions of years

misplaced optimism just does it for me

18. Surreal

Surreal New Member

eh millions? its 5.5 BILION years from now the sun will run out of hydrogen and blow up. We will be on the other side of the universe by then man

19. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

I think it's possible, I mean if we survive long enough to get the technology we'd spread across the galaxy like a virus.

So if we make it the next thousand or few hundred years, it'd be possible.

People are too pessimistic about the future these days. All we hear about is ways that we're gonna kill ourselves, how ignorant we are, how stupid we are and how futile and useless it all is.

hmmm....sounds like a teenage mantra.
    Hope I'm around for the 21st bash.

20. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Who knows, really. We'll all be dead before anything happens-- most likely. I wish I could come back and see if earth still exists in millions of years.