Recreation any got theory on the downfall of the earth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightwarrior, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

People like to go on about how wrong and evil and stupid humanity is, but ya know what...

It's not like we have anything to really compare against.

Yes, humanity has made mistakes. Yes, humanity has room for improvement.

But for all we know, we aren't doing too bad. Maybe, just maybe, we can attain that ideal we pray for. Standards -have- risen.

Now if people were satisfied with how we were and saying that this is the best we'll ever be, then I would worry.

2. Fushigi Rockna

Tis why i am atheist... I thought long and hard about the 'bible'. I soon realized what a bunch of b- nevermind I ain't gonna go into it, because there are thousands of catholics/chrsitians/whatever on this board. But sooner or later they will prove the bible wrong *ahem, evolution anyone* *ahem, no mention of dinosaurs* *ahem, how come he ain't killing those f***s that have been terrosizing our world? WELL?!?!*

No humans are gonna f***in' each other off, no whoopie doo, we're dman well not the only beings in this universe. Now if we can make and Evangelion.... we could end it all much faster..

*Wonders if Neph has finished his beaver mecha*

3. Tenerui

Tenerui New Member

This won't happen for thousands of years, and we will have already have colonizied Mars and most of space, but I think the sun will become a Red Giant and eat up the inner planets and if it doesn't then we would die from the heat and the radiation given off that would also would turn every child born horribbly mutated....yep that's what i think about every day......

4. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

god is going to come down and punish us for our sins.

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Gray Davis is going to become president and really screw the world over. Where as, they will nukes us, we nuke them and bing-gidy bang boom. End of story.;)

Actually, I just think that an asteroid is going to come out of nowhere and take a chunk out of the earth.

6. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

why do you say a comet will hit?woudn't the sun take the hit

7. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

you're really going to have to explain that one nightwarrior..

8. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

There is no way possible that the sun will hit the earth. We oribit the sun so how is that suppose to work? It'll be more like we will hit into it due to gravitational forces. Btw asteroids have hit the earth but in the form of pebble size to Ostrich egg size rocks but are relatively harmless. There is a very small chance that an asteroid with a size that will significantly damage on the earth will hit the earth. Most of the time when they reach the earth's atmosphere they get burned up and this is shown as a shooting star.

9. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

ummmmm........Earth is one of the inner planets.

And despite what movies and sensationalist scientists like to say we ain't gonna get hit by an asteroid or comet any time soon.
    As for the sun taking the hit, I'll join the others in saying that makes the least sense possible.

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

*shrug*
    It happened to the dinosaurs

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

just a rememinder, to keep it happy here. no flaming or spamming<coughcoughnightwarroircoughcough>
    as i don't want to close this thread. i have deleted like, 3 random posts insulting people by the thread creater, this is why i post this. debate nice girls and boys.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Feh. This one's off track anyhow. I'm putting it to sleep.

Anyone care to see my theory on the downfall of this thread?

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

seems fine to me...it's all talk about how the earth could end...

wish i could find that site again, it talks about all the ways(plausible) that it could end, and allt he religious ones too....tho, he gets mean on those a few times...

14. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

Isn't the sun our friend?

15. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I still don't see what you mean Nightwarrior. Do you mean to say that whatever is going to hit the earth will hit the sun instead?

Well, heck. Its a ball of hydrogen and other gasses. Maybe in cartoons the sun is our friend, but in reality, it is just there.

16. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I think he/she means that its more likely that the comet will hit the sun then earth. Which is true in some cases like is bigger. Earth won't get hit if it did it would burn up in the ozone layer but with the holes in O3 u never know.
    One more theory of mine is that all those years ppl r warned about the UV rays are going to get us. We will all die of skin cancer of course this will hapen in the future.
    Oh what about the green house affect? we will all drown because of the poler ice caps melting. U all wait for that to happen and ill go find noah and his ark.

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i've always had a soft spot in my heart for when the sun turns into a red giant. which, because of its size, means it'll have a diameter that covers the solar system up to the asteroid belt. we'd be fried. but well, i just like astrological stuff, so it's neat to ME. hehe

18. nightwarrior

nightwarrior New Member

19. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

THIS is what BloodBerry was talking about, btw.

- Ark

20. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I think the sun will either become a white dwarf or a super giant. Then, when we're getting to much/not enough light, the surviors of earth will go and try to colinize(sp) other planets and moons. Then they get seporated and the people who land on Titan(saturn's moon) they all die a horrible and painful death, and then the other group gets caught into a gravitational pull of some sort. A pull thats not from our solar system, and then to another one, some how survive, and meet up with life forms from where ever they are now and then start to live happily. And then the aliens turn out to be man eating aliens and eat them all.
    And they all lived happily ever after.
    The End.
    Yes, I do have to much time on my hands, and have had lots of time to think this up. Not that I really used any of it.

Oo Oo! I got another one. Nemisis! The Death Star! Boom!
    Ok. For those of you who dont understand Moron talk...
    Nemisis is the Theoretical twin for the sun. I know what your thinking. Theres only one sun. But theres a theory that Nemisis, the suns twin, revolves around our solar system, and every so many millons of years, it gets close enough the disrupt(sp) the Oort Belt (I think thats what it's called) and nock a few killer armigenon(I know I spelt that wrong) and then they cause mas-extintion. Theres another good hteory. One I highly believe in.