Anime being an anime fan

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Sachiko, Dec 26, 2002.

1. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

hmmm...
    i never thought of it that way....
    cause, sure i like anime, but im not, like, OBSESSED...
    so, yeah... the more i think about it, the more it makes sence....
    yeah. ur right.

2. Tomo-chan

Tomo-chan New Member

T_T Anime's becoming some kind of fad right now... :eek: There's an anime club at my school and some of my friends are anime fans, but they're into more of the stuff that's only out in the U.S. and that I've already seen, so I don't really discuss anime with my friends... -.- (tis nothing wrong with U.S. releases, just that they don't see the really good ones...) -.- agghies...

3. Omnidragon

Omnidragon New Member

Are the people at your school 10 yrs old? I cannot imagine a well-educated 16 or 17-yr old from a decent family background not learned enough to know about the basic aspects of another country's culture - especially that of a highly influential country.

4. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

Oh really? How much do you actually know about the culture of foreign countries? Like South Africa, beyond the fact that they have a lot of problems with disease there, how much do you know about thier culture?

If someone has never been exposed to anime, and is not into video games or electronics, how reasonable is it really to expect that they should know anything about Japan beyond the fact that they were in World War 2?

And remember, what people do not understand, they mock. Many anime fans (myself included) mock proponents of sports. Isn't that just as ignorant as mocking someone forwatching foreign animation? (Answer: No, because I do it too ;P)

Before you're willing to judge others, make sure you're comfortable with your own shortcomings. Not trying to flame you, just pointing out something that a lot of people don't pay attention to very much.

- Ark

5. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

I my friends like anime, but other than than, we're all pretty alone in this country when it comes to anime....:(

6. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

my school has an anime club, but i havent gone round to going yet...

7. Omnidragon

Omnidragon New Member

I appreciate your comments. But you missed the point that I was talking about teenagers from a "decent family background", especially those from civilised countries such as Singapore. You obviously missed a lot of information in my very short post. And just as your post wasn't a flame, neither is this.

However, I do not deny that I was perhaps judging a lot of other countries based on my country's own culture in Australia. I am generalising, but not to the extent that I am talking about South Africans. And so your post was irrelevant to what I said.

Thank you very much ^_^

8. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

australia i a ****-hole country.
    *sighs
    y must i live here?
    oh well...
    anywayz...
    i went to the anime club, and it is pretty ****, they are showing this anime i have never even heard of, and halfway through the series.
    *sighs....

9. Omnidragon

Omnidragon New Member

The anime club in MHS? Were the ppl nice? I think you'll meet lotsa anime fans at MHS. And then meet lotsa anime girlfriends from PLC too ^_^