Anime Beyblade.. LET IT RIP!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, May 22, 2003.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I went to the store to pick up Mega Men and I got Beyblade by mistake. I watch it and loved it. The next day I picked up dvd vol. 2. I cannot wait until vol. 3 is out. What do you all think of beyblade?

2. username

username New Member

??

to tell the truth what is so cool about spinning disks or blades? i never watched it. it just doesn't interest me. Late!!

3. tysothegreat

tysothegreat New Member

i like the characters! my name is tyson and so is his! the battles are funny(dont want to say much else or i might spoil it). and rei, he is cool to.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Here's an odd little ditty...how can you mistakenly grab something, and not realize it all the way to the registers? Especially if your getting anime of a different title? Oh well, I presume you're talking about the old megaman...which I'm glad you didn't get. Although I'm not a fan of beyblades (nor have I seen it) I say, watch it if you like it. Just don't get obsessed over it, like some of the members here. It's pretty scary when you hear people "training their skillz" when it comes to spinning tops......o_O

5. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

Re: ??

Yea. but it's interesting when that blade is taking some one's head off! To bad they don't do that. Fighting eachother with them would be more interesting. ;)

6. Basher

Okay I didn't bother reading the back of the dvd. The reason why I like it so much is because Tyson tries hard with all his heart to win. My fav characters are Tyson, Kai, and Ray. My fav beyblade has to be Tysons Dragoon. I will just stick to buying the anime and not all the toys out there. "Dragoon storm." What is everyone elses fav beyblade on the show?

7. Fushigi Rockna

While I agree Ray is a cute little hottie, i can't stand this show. -_-;

IT'S A CRAPPY TOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother plays with beyblades and drives me nuts, he was alos watching beyblade alot it got to my nerves. THEY'RE FRIGGIN' TOYS!!!!

Thankfully the little munchkin has steered himself away from the evil and has returned himself the Yu-Gi-Oh. *sighs* I don't even hear him playing with his beyblade no more. He used to lvoe YGO, and now he seems to be lovin' it again.

BTW, my bro just turned 12 for those of you picturing a 5 year old. me and sit down and watch cartoons and anime togetehr. :p

However, i do like Tala. Who's he? The hot red haired, russian son of a gun bad guy that appears near the end of the first season. He's the last guy Tyson battles before the season ends. He's hottttttttttttttttttt~ :D EWWWW! WHAT AM I DOING SAYING THAT LITTLE KID IS HOT!!!??? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... Aw screw it, he is hot. XD

8. Quistis

Quistis New Member

OH DEAR GOD NO!!!!!

I hate this show I mean what username said is so true. I cant stand it. I really hate that kid who has those glasses b/c he looks so freaking stupid!!! I am getting annoyed with the hole show and its stupid toys. I hope the addvertisments and toys will die down soon.

9. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

I have two words for you...
    Beyblade sucks.
    There.
    My work is finished here.
    *throws arms under cape and stalks off*

10. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

I have to agree!

Sero_16

Me doesnt like beybladezz....HATE IT>>>!!!! ITS EVIL I TELL YA...EVILLL!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!....PUKES!!!

gonna get some sleep.....oh man..got me real bad....!! with that question =P

11. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

Beyblade is cool
    Betryal
    battle choppers
    crazy grandfathers
    and a little romance make it a great show

im sorry to all of you who dont like beyblade but i guess you have to deal of just try to find the interesting points i mean if you like betrayal watch the world beyblade saga you'll see one member betraying the bladebrakers

12. Basher

So true, so true. Zero is right.
    As far as the toys go with it. It is better than having more cards. Half of you probably have pokemon cards or yu gi oh cards.
    Face it peps when cartoons are being watched by many pep there is going to be a ton of merchandise to go with it. It depends on what is in. So many kids like Beyblade that of course they are going to have toys to deal with the show or are they going to throw more cards out there? NO. spinning disks or blades is what they will have.
    If you think that beyblade sucks it is what you think.
    But if it wasn't popular enough why is there merchandise out there? Inu yasha doesn't have a lot from what I can tell.
    I remember the day when pogs were around. :)

13. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

well inuyasha;s not as poular in america than in japan and be shides they have to dub the games and there;s cards and other stuff to
    but beyblade is really cool because there dueling tops
    i agree that beyblade may not be as popular w/ some ppl.

*basher what are pogs i dont think pogs were still being made when i was born 1990

14. bluedragonite

bluedragonite New Member

beyblades

eeeee..beyblades is totally cool..i think Kai & Rai r cute..^_^

15. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

Re: beyblades

Kai is cute!! so is Ray but NOT ask cute as Kai
    Bayblade rocks

16. bluedragonite

bluedragonite New Member

plz..no1 think me weird for thinking that a cartoon char is cute..although i'm glad i'm not the only 1...it's not like i would wanna marry 1..lol

17. Basher

Yeah I agree Kai is cute and Ray doesn't fall to far behind

*zero pogs was a game. I don't think it is around anymore. Earily 1990`s it fell out At least past or to 1994
    There are alot of ways to play pogs. Pogs aka madcaps are round pieces of hard cardboard with images on one side.

1. You need two or more players and each take the same number of pogs into a pile which are stacked face down. Then each player takes a "slammer" (slammers are a round metal, heavy, flat piece same thickness as pogs and bigger than the pogs) hits the pile and tries to knock off the pogs. The pogs that land face up go to the player. After all the pogs are flipped points (each pog has a number on one side) are added up and the person have the most points wins. Sometimes you got to keep the pogs you won depends who you play.
    2. You could also send the pogs into the air by pressing down on the side with a slammer. who every made it further wins.
    3. I heard with cards never did it that way
    Beyblade just makes me think of pogs

18. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

I like Beyblade. Before, I used to watch it every Sat and Sunday before I moved. Now I missed so much but for some reason the day I finally got to see it again, I was able to understand what was going on sort of. The storyline is sort of simple, yet has its complexities.

19. Yumari

Yumari New Member

I dont get it...

Although I love the show(and yes, I even like Kai. Wish her was real!) But theres one thing I dont get. These are just spinning top bladed thingies right? How do they use stratigies(sp) and super moves and what ever the player wants to do instead of going crazy like a normal top of what ever you wanna call it?

20. Basher

Anybody can correct me if I am wroung but I think it is because of the bit beast. A bit beast is a beast that is locked in a plastic piece that goes on the beyblade. The beast has powers. Dragoon is an example of the bit beast. Tyson is the one who has him but I think they are a team and friends in a way. If not then they couldn't work together. There is one more thing like when Ray lost his bit beast that is important to never lose sight of. Does anybody know it? Anyway Dragoon special attack is Dragoon Storm which makes a tornado appear in the ring. The bit beast and owner have to work together to make them both stronger. I think the bit beast knows what to do because of training and working together. But special attacks need to be called out.