Recreation Chosen weapon of choice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamui, Aug 5, 2003.

?

Weapon of Choice?

1. Sword (specify what kind)

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. Tonfas

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. Nunchucks (i know i spelt it wrong)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Staff/Rod

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Spear

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Bow and Arrow

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. Dagger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Short sword (different from dagger)

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  9. Forget this!!!! Gimme a gun (specify which kind)

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  10. Other (specify)

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I know this is repleying to an old post but I agree with Salamader.
    A Bokken is all I need. I own one and been practisening (still not that good). But why kill your enemy when you can teach him/her the error have there way.(Brocken bones..etc..)

2. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Decisions decisions...

meh top 5;

5; Big ol' Damasacus bladed butterfly sword (See "Battle angel alita" doujinshi's)

4; Masamune (Anyone say Sephiroth?)

3; Gunblade (Ff8 style... not ye old musket ball type gun that i saw in a museum)

2; Chain cannon (Nuff said)

1; For the hell of it... a fictional blade i designed awhile back... Blade end as soon as i find a picture (Admist all these folders 0_o;) I'll post... or not

note; these arent in the actual order of preference... just as they came to me

3. Novus

Novus Gone

Sworded!

You know, I was just thinking that axes were sadly overlooked in this poll. The axe is a nice weapon with a lot of power, particularly if you have a really big poleax or something like that. Axes may be a bit slower to swing, but if you hit someone with one, BOOM, they're done.

Still my preference is to the sword. I've always had a soft spot for a rapier and main gauche. That's such a good combo with a lot of finesse and skill involved. I'm also a fan of really big swords, the whole claymore bit and all that. Overall, however, I'm preferential to any two-sworded style.

4. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Hey, sry i forgot axes, my bad.

But yeah, if you can master a staff, you cant be beat. But, i still am a fan of Tonfas. Nothin beats um. I fought a guy with a staff and he wasnt too shaby. In fact he was my trainer. And i beat him with tonfas. Go me!

5. Novus

Novus Gone

I am inclined to say that a staff can be beat by someone wearing some kind of heavy armour. You would have to hit someone REALLY HARD with a staff to penetrate that. And if someone rode by on horseback and stuck you with a lance, you wouldn't even have been able to reach them first.

6. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

Small land mines. You place them than step and boom

7. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Goorkha blade all the way. These things were designed to slice, dice, peel, nick, cut, clobber, and just plain rule. Besides, they look cool, too.:p

8. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Im probably the only one that said this but for a weapon i prefer my fists and legs. When you know how to use them.......you can be very deadly. With some gloves youll be able to grab a sword or spear if youre fast enough.

9. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I just thought of something (head still hurting from thiking).
    If you master the staff you have also just about mastered the spear, a spear is a metal staff with something sharp on the end right.
    And 2nd a wooden sword is also called a Bokuto right, I saw it some whare.

10. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

My first choice would be the gun Alucard has from Hellsing. But since KaMeKaZi says that cowerdly than I will go for a nice heavy axe.......or a chainsaw...hehehehe

11. Jet_Black

Jet_Black New Member

gimme a gun a colt .45 will take out any of your wepons
    look at it how you gunna stop a gun its deadly at close range and at a distence while most of those wepons are close range only

12. Novus

Novus Gone

Seriously, if you want a gun, why would you go with a piece of crap like a Colt .45? There are so many better weapons out there.

13. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

Screw 1 on 1 fightning I would prefer to have an army of people to do my bidding they can all be my weapon, but If I were to fight I would use a desert eagle and a short sword as my weapons.

14. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Hmmmm, which one, the Alcurd longbarrel or the Jackel?

Tsk... tsk... i am going with Novus, a colt 45??? Geez, i could beat one with bladed tonfas, even if i would be juggling with my life. I have had many a tonfa, but bladed are the best. Cus it is cool when you fight a sword with them, they kick!!!

15. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

Hay Kamui I confused:confused: what are Tonfas any way.

16. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

My weapon of choice is the nuke...just throw it and run. and ya all die. If ya survive the blast then the radiation will poison you. And who wouldnt want a weapon like that?

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

People who just need one person dead, not everything in the whole area.

There is such a thing as unacceptable enemy losses.

18. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Speaking of axes, I don't like em cuz their one-swing power doesn't match my style. But on the other hand, a long-handled, double-bladed axe was the best prop I could find for my medieval Halloween costume! :rolleyes: I'm gonna look more like an executioner than a crusader now. (My costume is called "Crusader.")

There are two kinds of Chinese swords that I would like to learn. There's the wushu saber which is kinda like a very thin machete that actually flaps noisily like an aluminum pan, but there's just something about it that makes me wanna try it! The broadsword is also interesting; not the way it looks or what it does, but the smooth, flowing way it's used in a kata. Actually there are lots of cool Chinese weapons that haven't been mentioned. Nunchakus can be pretty nuts, and I tried em a few times... that's one kind of weapon that you REALLY have to master to get any effectiveness out of it! (Conked myself a few times.)

19. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

gimme a Paratrooper FG42 rifle and screw the rest...

20. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

the preferred chosen weapon of choice that I choose is a gun, specifically the Colt AR-15 (If I limit this to guns I have actually fired, otherwise an FN-P90 might be nice)