Paranormal Ghosts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me_dreaming_zzz, Jul 10, 2005.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

OOOOOOOHHH! Ghosts, spirits and demons! I love these stuff! :p

I like to read and listen to true to life encounters of the paranormal kind. I grew up in a community where many people still belive in the unseen creatures around them. I have heard actual events that happened in our town in the past with not only one but a handful of people testifying to the validity of the incidents. I'm not sure if it is what they call a mass hysteria or somesort, but I do believe there are spirits. Of course the existance of spirits and ghosts are questionable for others, it is their own belief. As for me everywhere there is human civilization there are ghosts and spirits, these beliefs reach far back to ancient times, even the earliest forms of man believed in spirits that's how they came to be worshiping things like the sun, stones, water etc...

2. Yuki S.

Yuki S. New Member

yes that is ture but peoples imginations are the strongest thing in the world, if you beleive in something so much it is real...if you think it is really there, it is there...dont get me wrong i do beleive in Ghost's and always will. its just our imginations can take over us...that is why you kindda have to becareful in what you beleive and what you dont...yeah i beleive in demons but i dont look at them as Demons i look at them as Fallen Angels...and i dont like calling the devil saint or devil i would rather call him by his real Name Lucifur...i beleive in him as well but i dont beleive that they can a take over peoples bodies...i wont believe in that...i dont even Beleive that Ghost can do that.... just like that sayinf "If you beleive you can see" it means if you beleive it is their it is...like i said earlier in this long thing im writing...caz Beleive me their are things that have happned that i cant explain...then i remembered is it your imgination if two people see the same thing at the same time in the same place....I dont think so...your imgination isnt strong enough to control someones elses' imgination or mind in that fact...so if two people or more see the sme thing in the same place at the same time..it must be real right.....

3. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

If someone doesn't belive in Ghost, but does demons.. that just makes my brain rattle. Is there good demons out there then? Not all ghost are bad or hurtful to people. There are a lot of cases where a a ghost appears and then just vanishes.. how is this evil or bad? Sorry to say, but the whole Bible and religion talk kinnda doesn't give me any reliable sources. The only reason I belive in ghost is because they have been caught on actaul footage and such.. god ect.. has not.

4. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Well, there are many different theories on what exactly ghosts are. In the case of apparitions, they are often seen as psychic imprints made in the place of a violent or premature death. These usually play over and over like a tape, and aren't interactive. Some are spirits of those who have died and feel the need to stick around out of guilt, attachment or habit. Also poltergeists are sometimes not even associated with the dead, but external manifestations of a repressed persons anger for either puberty or some other factor.

The demons in the Bible, which you all seem to get so avid about, are recognized as sickness. When people didn't understand why someone was acting strange or wasting away, it was not uncommon to assume that they were possessed by a demon which was causing the sickness. Even into the 18th century doctors thought the balances of blood and biles were the cause of illness. Humans have a long history of attaching supernatural powers to that which they cannot understand. Often epileptics were thought to be possessed by demons when they had seizures, but today we know that there was a real medical problem that causes them. Go read some Joseph Campbell or The Golden Bough if you really want to know why the ideas of evil and monsters are universal.

I find it quite reasonable that there are such things as ghosts or that the dead may still be around. I had an older friend that came home one day for work, and one of her friends was walking by. She stopped and had a nice chat with her about everyday things. She went inside, and got a phone call from the woman's daughter telling her that the woman had passed away two days before and that they were having a funeral later that week. I would not be afraid of the dead, because I am sure they are just interested in watching out for the rest of us.

1 person likes this.