Hellsing Hellsing

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Mr. J, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J New Member

Just wonderin' if anybody out there knows anything about the new Pioneer show, Hellsing. I think thus-far only two eps have been on in Japan. There's nothin' t'be found in English for it. I've watched the first ep. raw, n'think I got the general idea for that one, but I havn't a clue what any of the characters are all about. Anyway, m'lookin' forward to seein' this one subbed.

Gunslingin' vampire. woo!

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I've downloaded the first episode from kazaa and it was subbed. It has a really interesting story to it and the characters in this anime are umm "unique"! Anyway, I always thought that the blond gal was a guy!!! [​IMG]

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Hellsing is one of my favorite animes currently. The Catholic Paladin (Who appears in Ep. 03) Alexander Anderson (picture of him is my current avatar at the time) Rules!

4. Vash

Vash New Member

Have you seen 'Duel', episode 7, Uncle Sweetie? Best one I've seen and Anderson truly does rule! Nice avatar BTW.

I think the Valentine brothers are great too. And Alucard, and Shinigami Walter, and Integra (or Integral, depending upon the subber) too. Actually the only character I haven't liked is Incognito.

Eps 5,6 & 7 are the best.

And the music is brilliant. With the possible exception of the closing theme, which I'm getting used to.

Hajimemashite, soshite sayonara.

5. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

The voices in it are some of the coolest ive heard. I do lose intrest a little once the story shifts ovr to incognito, but its all good. Hell, which other anime can you see a helicopter get flossed in half in? Its well cool. I reckon the writer sorta likes nightows style, or elements of it. If there is ever a hellsing forum (i doubt it) id like to mod it (seeing as, if you check my posts ive been talking about it a while)

Ore wa kami no dairin.

Kami no gokago..

6. c0ke

c0ke New Member

While we're on the subject of this question?

Is the Hellsing opening song in Japanese, or English?

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I just noticed something, If you spelled Alucard's name backwards, it turns out to Dracula.
    =^_^=

In the 8th episode what had gotten into Alucard in the ending?! What does Arkard mean(Intergal was saying this in the ending of the 8th ep)??

8. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Anyone know of Hellsing? Is it out? Did you like it?

I just saw a trailer for it today, and was very impressed. I like the direction the animation took, and it used many creative new elements. The storyline is pretty japanese, but I really want to study the animation some more since I would like to do a little research on it, and such.

Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Thanks for any help. :)

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hellsing is very nice.*^-^* very dark and disturbingly cute(to me anyways...heh) nice little vampire show. vol. 1 is out, either the end of september or in october is the next one...animenation has the info on it...

10. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I did like it in the beginning, but after seeing the 11th episode for some reason I lost interest. The characters are cool, but I still cant believe that Interga is female :confused:

11. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I saw the first three episodes, and just thought it was really kicky. ^^ Maybe just 'cause I like things with vampies and schtuff. Either way, it was cool.

12. RichyX

RichyX New Member

Cool show, bit style over substance though.
    Am I the only one who never gave a rats *** about Victoria???

13. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Yes I did notice that!

In the episode where Intergal was remembering moments from her childhood and her first encounter with Alucard.. Heh He looked cute with the blonde hair :p

14. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I haven't had a chance to see more than the first episode, but yeah, Alucard was kinda obvious to me. Still, sounds like some kind of Duck, doesn't it? I like the name Alucard.

15. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I noticed the name Alucard was Dracula spelled backwards when I heard about that one Castlevania game. :p Any ways, Arucard looks better, but Alucard sounds better. o_O Just my two cents. ::throws pennies at everyone! Two of them!::

16. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

That name appeared in old B/W mexican movies...
    like "El Santo contra los vampiros" (ack!)

Yes, it was obvious - sorry.

17. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i watched it to ep 9 & i liked it ... i noticed that Alucard was Dracula spelled backwards when i was watching ep3..but it wasnt that obvious to me:glazed:...

18. Knives

Knives New Member

Yeah, got them off Vash and copied them! Now I have a friend who wants copies! Ah fansub VCDs!