Hellsing Hellsing

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Mr. J, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

I love Hellsing. I have the first 2 DVDs then I got impatient and downloaded the rest of the series. Its got my two favorite things vampires and big *** guns.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i hope they give more things with the dvds too...the hellsing crest patch was quite nice...*^-^*

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Where's my Hellsing?

I went looking through the threads cuz I thought there was a thread for this 13 part anime.. so I apologize if there is.

Has anyone seen this?
    I find it quite funny how the Knights of the Protestant Order are fighting against the Vatican Section 13 priests who are all fighting against vampires and gouls... mwa ha ha...

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I want to see it.

Badly.

And intend on getting it from Kazaa once I've finished getting Excel Saga.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

have the first 2 dvds...trying to get the third at the moment...very good and neat show. cute and funny in a very sick way i've always said...*^-^*

6. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I've seen the first 3 eps, and I have the rest right here in front of me. When I've finished Fruits Basket, it's next on my watching list. It's tré chic.

7. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I saw the first three episodes (own the first DVD) and plan on goin to get the other two next week whenever I can get a ride. Though I've also read the first two volumes of the scanslated Manga... very kicky (that's good). In the manga,

(SPOILER) Seras doesn't seem to be as hesitant to kill as in the Anime, though she's still hesitant of drinking blood (Note: In the anime, third episode, Sword Dancer, Arucard tells Seras telepathically to aim for the heart and head before she starts shooting... though in the Manga, at where that episode is supposed to be (which is quite different might I add), Arucard is there with her, watching, and tells her that little tidbit because she's just blowing the ghouls apart and like half the body of a ghoul lands right next to him) (SPOILER END).

Also in the manga it looks like Arucard doesn't even have a real body under his coat. :p

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

9. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

I also got Seras! C O O L!!! ^_^

10. YokoburiKinura

My first result was Walter, which seemed a little off; sure enough, on the basis of like one or two questions I was tipped over into the Integral category. So, I must be kind of on the borderline between the two.

11. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I watched the rest of since the last time I was on. It was good, but not the best anime I've ever seen I reckon.
    I have a question though, is it Aludard or Arkard? I know it's spelt aakado in kana, but that don't mean much. The reason I ask is two of the episodes of fansubs I was watching, it even had a note saying it was Arkard, not Alucard, but I think that's bollocks. The same subbers called Integral Integra and the Knights catholics instead of protestants, which is just stupid.
    I got Walter in the personality test, but that's okay. He's cool.

12. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Eh, this is like the big DBZ-Name debate I hear so often, as to whether it's Vejita, Vegeta, or Vegita or Goku or Gokuu or Gokuh, etc... Personally, I use Arucard and Integral, though i noticed in my DVD, Integral is referred to both Dub and Sub as Integral and Integra... and in the subtitles, Arucard's name is Arucard, but the dub voices say "Alucard". Eh, I'm just glad they say Seras' name as "Seras" and not "Celes". ::shudders:: Btw, I took that quiz in school once... first time I got Arucard and my friend got Yan Valentine... second time, I got Yan and he got Arucard.

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya I find in animes the names always get miswritten. I mean the Ah My Goddess movie sub has horrible names for the gals..like Purutandy or something...

anyways I first had Arucard, then it went to Alucard. there was also a sub stating that Alucard was Dracula backwards, but Alucard wasnt his name it was Arkard.. or something.. like they know. plus Seras was first Celes. and Integral kept on changing to Integra back to Integral too much.

14. Xorcist

Xorcist New Member

Hellsing Saga

#1 Is it worth buying?

#2 Do they have a "complete" box set yet?

15. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

hey i think its worth buying, and they do have a boxed dvd set, cuz i bought 1 online, im not sure about in stores, but i bought on on ebay for like 30 bucks. it hasnt made it to my house yet :(

16. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

not instores yet. they just released the 3rd dvd on the 23rd...you might have gotten a hong kong box. there was a version of the first dvd that came with the box for you to put the others in, like soo many new series are doing now(love hina did that too) so there's a chance you'll just be getting number 1 with box...hope you looked at the description and photo good

17. kanashimi

kanashimi New Member

my dad bought the box, the first dvd, the second, and the third in stores, but all separately. I think it's awesome, but way too short. I love how they do the previews for the next episode by having a fat bald naked-ish guy rambling. I always watch anime subbed, but this might be better dubbed because in japanese they don't have english accents...Anyway, yeah it's worth buying

18. Xorcist

Xorcist New Member

3rd DVD? I was just looking at the volumes over at Amazon, and although I didn't find a complete boxset, I saw 4 volumes (Impure Souls, Blood Brothers, Search and Destroy, and Eternal Damnation). And one of the reviews mentioned a possible 5th. Exactly how many episodes are there (I've heard 13)?

If at all possible I'd like to pickup a complete boxset, region 1, with dubs & subs. Where should I look to purchase one, since Amazon and a few other big name retailers don't seem to carry one (yet).

19. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i read the description and it said all 13 eps, and it was 2 dvds, it looked like it was a deal so i bought it