Hellsing Hellsing

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Mr. J, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

oh yea i 4got to add i dont mind if its in japanese audio, i have all the eps on my pc but the last couple were crappy quality. i like anime with original audio, i think its cool

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

dubs are evil alright

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Yeah, Hellsing. It's okay. Not the greatest anime of all time, but good enough. Animation at times is serisiously dodge, and the story sort of fizzles off towards the end, but it's good. 13 eps it is, wouldn't be too suprised if a second series was announced though.
    Worth buying? Well that depends on what you don't have *coughFLCLFruitsBasketsBebopEscaflowneKareKanoahem*

4. YokoburiKinura

In the US, all four discs are out. #3 and #4 came with limited-edition figures of Alucard and Victoria. I doubt that Pioneer will release a box with all the volumes in it for a while; they'd expect that you got the box with the first volume and then bought the other three to fill it up.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Yes, wait a few months for the full box set to come out. And yes, a LOT of anime are doing it by filling up as the series comes along. I mean, honestly, it's easier for some people to buy as they come out, since they're money spenders. Like me. :D If you're looking for the first DVD with the box, check out animenation.

In any case, yes, the four discs are out here, AFAIK. I don't know anything about the dub, because I try to refrain from it, but I'm pretty sure that Pioneer did a semi-good job. It'd be nicer with the english-styled accents IN japanese (a la the pillows) but you can't have everything.

I've only just started watching Hellsing, and I like it. I don't watch too many serious anime as of late...but this is one I can get into. Plus, I think that the ending song is good. :D

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

the dub isn't that bad actually...and i stay away from dubs if i can help it. the guy doing alucard is neat when he gets all giggly. heh

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

a friend showed me one of her Hellsing mangas, and it looks really good. I've seen the 13 episodes and really like the anime. but it ends too quickly. I really don't understand the question Arucard asks Integral.. if its in relation to her or Hellsing. if anyone know please pm me your thoughts... :)

8. the wanderer

the wanderer New Member

i just whatched all the episodes of this and it kicked ***! i was wondering what you guys thought of it.

9. Xorcist

Xorcist New Member

Meh... (spoilers below)

The only *** that got kicked after finishing that series was my own for paying $25.00 a DVD. The gun-fights where lack-luster and over before they started, "Police-Girl" could have very well been removed from the storyline with little to no consequence, and it got overly tiresome seeing Alucard get "killed" when we've seen him come back from just about every previous death.

The animation was great, I'll give it that. And some aspects of the story where interesting. However in the long run it just didn't add up to much of anything. Why must Seras keep saying "He's not human", when she knows damn well he's NOT! He turned her into a vampire for godsake (and she doesn't even seem to care)! And with the mortality of Alucard pretty much nonexistant, it made all of his battles already decided in his favor (you can't feel bad for him or worry he won't make it because you pretty much realize he can't be defeated). And would it have killed them to have a gunfight that lasted more than two seconds. I was hoping for some Bebop style shoot outs, which unfortunately never happened.

I admit it was not the worst series I've even seen, but it wasn't exactly my cup-of-tea either. And there are so very few "good" vampire animes so I have to give it props for at least trying and doing halfway decent. I just wish more thought would go into animes like this. I hate loose ends (which there were a lot of) and I like the stories to generally make sense, and the characters to be well thought out (and deep if possible). Maybe I'm just being critical, but if we the fans just accept anything they throw at us, these types of issues will never get resolved. So even though I complain, it's for the greater good.

Anyways that's my take on Hellsing.

10. the wanderer

the wanderer New Member

thx, i just watched again and i realized what you said, btw if you are looking for a good vampire anime, try vampire hunter D i heard it was good.

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Xorcist, that's why you go ahead and read up on the manga after that. I admit that a lot of it was...just barely adequate...but seeing as how there was so much fit in 13 episodes, I think it did rather well for itself. Especially the fact that you see Alucard (or Arucard, you anal retentive ping-pong heads) be both evil and good, that was great. You don't entirely see that too many times (though it's horrible cliche in Vampire anime) and nobody pulls it off like Alucard. I give it props. Then ask ArkAnjil what he thinks about the manga...because I'm sure he can give you another look at Hellsing. ^_^

12. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Alucard owns put it on Adult Swim.

13. Xorcist

Xorcist New Member

I think it's a little edgy for Adult Swim... they'd probably end up removing too much just so they could air it.

14. Influences

Influences New Member

we are talking about the adult swim they should watch it if they arn't wanting to see this kind of thing I mean I would even take off Reign : The conquerer to see hellsing although it IS only 13 episodes long so I think I would do it on like saturdays adult swim there it would last 13 weeks and not 13 days Overall I like it ALOT I havn't see vampire hunter D but I will look into it....I have only seen 7 episodes of hellsing so far but I will end up watching all of them soon

15. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I finally picked up the first Hellsing DVD,and let me say this:It is pretty friggin' awesome.:p It got particularly interesting in Order:03 "Sword Dancer".The ending scene with Alucard and Anderson.Pure coolness.I gotta check out the rest of this show.:D

16. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I never did see it but no that it is on Action I will see it. I found this out throug NewType one of the many great things about it it tells all the anime on TV :anime:

17. MrPig

MrPig New Member

Much like bluecrow, ive only seen the first DVD. The animation and the soundtrack are both excellent, but the story seems to be lacking already. Still, its worth a look.

Oh yeah - whats this "Hellsing: Rescript" ive seen in Japan?

18. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I have seen all 13 episodes of Hellsing. I like it and I don't find the story so bad. Only problem is that Hellsing's pretty short. Some people say that there will be a second season of Hellsing. I for one hope so.

Has anyone read Hellsing manga? Is it better than the anime?

19. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

One of my friends recomended this anime and said it was very pimp tight... so, I want to see this really bad... and now she wont get off my case until i see it...

But, its cool, cus im on her about gettin into X/1999... so it all works out.

20. Mitsukai_X

Mitsukai_X New Member

I just watched Hellsing episodes 1-2 and I will watch more tommorow...

Hellsing is "dramatic" in its own way and I just love that...

But that is **** when in tekst there is Arucard but we can here they call him Alucard...

[​IMG]