Current Affairs Homosexuality within Society

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Engel, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

yeah you could couldn't you but umm im just going to say this just for you all to have a burned thought in the back of your mind try picturing sixty or seventy year old gay or lesbian couple making out in public hahaha have fun with that thought just thought i would put that down since i have it burned in my mind :p :p :p

2. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I have no problems with gays or lesbians. I look at it this way your gay your straight, so what. Love is love, life is life, get over self people.
    About the old couple making out, wow, an older couple in love... Yes, it can be gross, but I doubt you are going to see a 60 year old couple, no matter what there sexuality fully making out in public.
    So all in all, I find being gay or lesbian as a natural thing, I don't find it any differnt from being straight, other than the sex they love and feel for.

3. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

..... :dizzy2: try picturing 70year old heterosexual cople making out in public :eek: . Anyway, I think we are going in circles here....

4. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Personally I don't see any problem with it, go for it.

Also I don't think sexuality is as hard of a line as people seem to think. Its not gay or straight, I think there are many degrees inbetween. I would consider myself straight but I've had a crush on a guy before, it passed, but it still happend. Also I've gotten pretty intimate with a guy before but that was more of an experimental stage I think. Tried it out, liked girls, etc.

Seriously though I think every straight guy has a little bit of gay in them and vice versa, its a continium.

5. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Normally, I would completely agree with you on this point, but there is an exception: asexuality (follow the link). But that's a completely different topic altogether.

Anyway, as for my stance on the question at hand, I really don't care. Homosexuality has never bothered me in the least. As to the "image of making out" or whatever, I never liked PDAs to that extent anyway (see above), so it's not like me to discriminate in that manner. Heck, I wouldn't even be bothered if I were hit on by another guy (they'd be a bit disappointed, but I don't get why people are so afraid of being hit on by members of the same gender).

6. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I've dated a bi before, though its different for guys to date bi girls in some ways. anyways, i have no problem with gays or lesbians(especially). there in love. lets look at it this way. if god didnt want there to be gays, he wouldnt have made people be like that. now lets not get into a heated discussion over religion coming in but it does play some parts. or you can look at the same way just a different example. if god didnt want there to be human cloning, he wouldnt have gave man the ability to do it. still, lets not get too deep in the religion thing. and i was amazed to hear there are still homophobics still out there. i thought they all died out(joke me and my friends say). but yea, if they're in love, let them do what they want. they're not hurting me.

7. Zealot

Zealot New Member

I know you didn't want to get into any form of religious discussions but something that I wanted to point out is that in the Bible it says that God made us in his own image which meant he gave us the freedom of choice. That is why people can choose to do one thing over another. We all possess the capacity for both good and evil but what makes the difference is the choices we make. God creates us all yes, but he has stated that his plan for people is for a man to leave his father and mother and join together with his wife in marriage. God clearly states in the Bible that a man is meant to be with a woman and vice versa. While God does allow us to choose how to live our lives he does have standards for what is the right way to do so and what is the wrong way to do so. He simply doesn't force us to follow them. If he did, we wouldn't have the freedom of choice. God wants us to Love him enough that we willingly choose to follow him and his standards.

8. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Well, I think younger peoples in general think bisexuality is a way to appear cool. I mean, in high school, I knew loads of girls who claimed they were bisexual because they 'kissed another girl'. Well, news flash to youner girls on this thread.
    BEING BISEXUAL ISN'T A GAME. IT MEANS YOU NOT ONLY FEEL SEXUAL ATTRACTION TO FEMALeS AND MALES, BUT FOR BOTH IN ALL ASPECTS OF A RELATIONSHIP EQUALLY.
    I mean, I hate people who claim to have a boyfriend and a girlfriend because they were allowed to. WTF IS THAT? If you love someone, regardless of gender, what right do you have to cheat? None...You have none.

Posers suck...
    Lucky

9. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I know this is a old thread but,forgive me I feel like I really need to say my
    opinion on it.I do know girls kiss other gals to have attention. I think they suck really bad when they do that and they need to grow up :mad: I don't
    see anything wrong with bi's or gays and lesbains because i'm a bisexual myself and I really was kinda scared cause people get beat up down here for it,but who can deny who they are.So straight peeps , bi's,lesbains,and gays
    be proud if what you are!! :p

10. Warsaw Pact

Warsaw Pact New Member

There is nothing wrong with Homoseuality. As a communist I must treat all people equally.

Lil History lession:

Some think the term Lesbo is a harsh and insulting term. But it's more correct than you would think. There is a Greek Island called Lesbos (Spelling maybe off). There lived the first known Lesbian or the fisrt famous Lesbian. (She was a famous poet.) And that as they say is that.

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, why do you think they're called "Lesbians?" Because the concept originated from Lesbo, thus, lesbians. Voila. It's the same as... say, Toronto. It's inhabitants are called Torontonians. (And Ontarians, Canadians, etc.)

Also, who wasn't a poet in ancient Greece? :rolleyes:

12. Warsaw Pact

Warsaw Pact New Member

Ares wasn't.

13. Engel

Engel New Member

Girls and Guys that do that kind of jazz needs to be slapped; better yet, punished for that kind of act. They are just trying to get more and more attention within their own "group".

I don't think it is right, but we all have to accept the fact that there are those people out there, even with our own feelings.

And yes. Agreeing to your post; BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE! >_<

There is no need to be ashamed.

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I had this co-worker who was total against gay marriages. It was hard to get her to shut up about it. When the whole change the amendment thing came around wow she wouldn't stop. We argued for a while then I told that I was a lesbian. We had to work together everyday for like 4 hours, half my shift, and 5 days a week. She was silent for a week then finally asked me. I told her no that I wasn’t but did it affect her? She said no. I hope she views things differently now. But I doubt she would on the amendment changing. I could honestly care less. Homosexuality in society doesn’t affect me what so ever. It is sad to see that the USA isn’t open. Hopefully the next generation will be.

15. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Ares the goddess? Or god? I'm lost...

16. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i hate hypocrites like that.

if your Bi you can't have a boyfriend and a girlfriend.. it's just wrong.

and what does that say about the kind of person you are.... :sad:

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Ares was the Greek God of War. However, he was a Harvest God prior to becoming the God of War, so odds are there were poems dedicated to him. Regardless, citing a fictional character in response to a sarcastic question is nothing but silly.

18. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Man! I just typed a *LONG* reply to this topic, and it got deleted in the process of posting. *Pouts*

Here we go again:

I'm completely pro. gay marriages/adoptions/PDAs to a certain degree (but I'd expect the same restraints/limitations from a het. couple). But this is rather irrelevant to my motives for posting, as I've already discussed my views on this issue throughout the Gay Marriage thread. Instead I'm here to (hesitantly, as I fear this'll be interpreted offensively) ask a nagging question that's been irritating me for awhile.

To all open Gay/Les/Bi forum goers - I......suddenly forgot my question (a recurring annoyance during schooltime...<_<). Screw eloquence, my target's locked on blunt. From your perspective(s), was your sexual orientation ingrained into you at birth, or did same sex attractions not publicize themselves until you were older? I'm trying to figure out whether homosexuality is a subconcious....not choice, but *I'll insert appropriate word here when I remember it later*. That's the beauty of the edit feature ^_^.

And yeah, bisexuality has definitely become something of a fad. It's the new emogoth.

And I'm in complete agreement with whoever suggested that we're all partially gay/straight. I consider myself heterosexual, but I acknowledge that I'm probably about *pauses* approx. 5-10% (closer to 5, now that I think about it) attracted to girls. The chances of me pursuing a relationship with one, though, is much lower (presumably because my family's much too stubbornly conservative to accept anything that opposes their mainstream ideals). Also, if I ever discovered I *was* les/bi, I'd probably remain abstinent and bend over backwards to supress any carnal urges XD (due to my uncoordination/unflexibility, bending over backwards is sure to dillute any residual attraction!). My apologies if that comes across as discriminatory, as it wasn't intended to be (I recognize this is more a personal issue then anything else).

And if I sound slightly more spastic then usual, it's probably because I've just consumed way-too-many miligrams of Tylonel. My calculation skills have been effected as well ^_^.

19. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

Wow. It's not natural, define "natural" when you are talking about human beings.

"if I know you are homosexual, I probably won't be friends with you."

But this shocks me:
    "Would I act out violence against them? I don't think so."

You don't think so? So you might, right?

Wow, again. And you talk about morality. I'm sorry but this just looks like bigotry to me.