Debate Justice for Kurt Cobain.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Odango_rose, Dec 8, 2003.

?

Do you think Cobain killed himself?

1. Yes, he was suicidal

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Yes, he just overdosed

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No it was set up

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

If anyone here has ever been a fan of Cobain you know that he was not Suicidal when he was kill... uh I mean when "He" killed himself (supposedly).

I stumbled upon this site when I was looking up various facts.

Really what do you think?

www.justiceforkurt.com

2. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Framed!!!

I THINK HE WAS FRAMED!!! I mean seriously...look at Sid Vicious....no one thought he killed himself...but then years later...theres proof that he did!! *or was that someone else?* but any way...dont quote me on my facts here. cuz Im not sure it they are all right...but that is just my opinion....

Misao

[berry]no colors please...eyes go into many forms of pain[/berry]

3. Amon

Amon New Member

Personally, I believe people can't really understand a person; only you can understand yourself and truly know what is going through your head. Us not being Cobain, himself, we can't really say whether he was suicidal or not. I mean, sure, he could've acted 'normal', or not suicidal, and led people to believe all these things; but that's what actors are for. ;)

And is it just me or does that link not work? Might just be me.

4. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

like...
    come on.. that just doesn't make sense

I don't know if what I believe is factual, but I believe it anyway.. so it's not like it matters.

ARGH

5. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Courtny Love did it. She killed Kurt. I mean he was shot twice in the head so it couldn't have been suicide. Also he was so drugged up on Heroin that at that level he should have been out cold after 30 secs but all his heroin was packed away neatly. Besides they were going to get a divorce and he was going to change the will so that she wouldn't get any money and most of it would go to his daughter and bandmates.

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You do know its possible to take a bullet to the head and live, right?

Look:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1563410559/103-7006341-6046205?v=glance

She took FOUR bullets to the head -and- one in her neck fer cryin' out loud and lived!

Also I don't currently have a source but I've heard of a suicide attempt where the guy unloaded 6 bullets and still lived.

7. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

We know that. What is your opinion on it?

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Raven clearly didn't know someone can survive multiple shots to the head.

I don't know enough about the situation to make a fair judgement, nor do I have the time to get involved atm. It could have gone either way for all I know.

9. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

11. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I just think that he didn't commit suicide. What do you think happened Neph. You done a lot of talking but you haven't actually made your point. Did he or did he not commit suicide.

12. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Actually, Raven, I believe Neph already made his point, and a fine one at that. He said, "I don't know enough about the situation to make a fair judgement, nor do I have the time to get involved atm. It could have gone either way for all I know." He's simply saying he doesn't have enough information, and a "gut instinct," as almost everyone has about every subject, doesn't convince him either way.

Personally (And here I go on one of those "gut instincts" that I just decried), I believe that he killed himself. Most of those who blame Courtney Love are just as much victims as the "rest" of the public. It's easy to think of Courtney as a '90s Yoko Ono who tore up the band and then her husband. Nirvana fans got an especially good reason to hate her when she tried to prevent the release of "new" Nirvana stuff in the last couple of years. But I digress. Like Neph, I don't know nearly enough to make a principled judgment. But I do know by listening to Cobain's lyrics that if he felt what he wrote, he'd have no trouble pulling the trigger. Even twice.

1 person likes this.
  13. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I believe he did. i mean literally when youve got so many things coming to such a climax into your life like his, he just needed to like escape i guess. Its a complicated thing, life & suicide. So I dont really think courtney love had anything to doing with killing him, people just blamed her because they dont like her.

14. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

hehe, well I guess I lost that debate.lol. I still stand by my argument though. :sweat2:

15. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

It doesn't make any since. All of his friends say that he wasn't suicidal. He had no reasin to kill himslf. I mean just look at the information on the site, it speaks for itself.

16. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

Deception can not be forgotten. For instance at Austerlitz, Napoleon was outnumbered two to one against both the Russians and the Austrians. Instead of foolishly attacking them, he decieved them into believeing his army was near collapse, being seduced by his ploy they went into his trap under the belief victory was at hand, but in reality they were his puppets being steadily pulled under his control, no longer in control of their own fate.

He could have been suicidal, but utterly normal at the same time. He could have been logically coherent, but also mentally totured as well.

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Furthermore, we hear plenty of stories of murders, rapists and suicidal people being "perfectly normal, quiet people" before their respective incidents.

18. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Exactly. The cliche you cant judge a book by its cover comes into play. Kurt Cobain, i feel, was not an expressive person through his emotions... but then again im not sure!

19. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

personally, if i'd have married courtney love, i'd have shot myself too. but that's just me..

20. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

but you'd have made that video for me first though.. right?

[berry] well, duh *^-^* <not wanting to spam or derail>[/berry]