Japanese Let's Try To Speak Japanese!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UFOtaku, Jun 10, 2003.

1. kyuuketsuki

kyuuketsuki New Member

In italian, "oro" is gold. :confused:

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

the same in Spanish, but in Japanese, Oro is a form of a Kansai dialect.

3. Kaori

Kaori New Member

just wondering what your name was ^_^;

minna, hisashiburi desune~~ minna ha genki desuka?

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

My name? I believe it means "God of Dragons." I may be wrong about it, though.

How about romanizing this Kanji for me? 最

If you need it in context, check my sig.

Lastly, what's the difference between daisuki and aishiteru? I know they both have something to do with love, but I can't figure out the difference.

5. Johnny Toxxic

Johnny Toxxic New Member

Daisuki means roughly " to really really like something" where aishiteru means "love." But an unspoken, deep love.

Example: I was asking a Japanese friend of mine if he had ever told his children that he loved them (aishiteru) and he said something along the lines of "Why would I tell them that? They know that I love them."

I'm sure that didn't explain anything so I'll go now.

6. Johnny Toxxic

Johnny Toxxic New Member

Yes. Literally translated it means "keep your chin up!"

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

daisuki?

'Daisuki' means 'to like a lot'

Literally it means:
    ROMAJI  KANA  KANJI
    Dai      だい   大
    Great, big, large

Suki すき    好き
    Infinitive of SUKU すく 好く (SUKI すき 好き)
    like, favorable

'Anata ga daisuki' or
    'kimi ga daisuki'
    means 'I like you very much'

To learn Japanese: http://www.japanese-online.com :cool:

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Kanji readings, kana, romaji, etc.

Here are the readings for this Kanji 最(most, -est):

-mo も
    -SAI サイ
    - シュ
    -mottomo もっとも
    -tsumo つも

*motto もっと  Sometimes(adv) more longer farther (P)

Examples:
    最悪 さい あく sai aku 'the worst'
    最近 さい きん sai kin 'recently, these days'
    最高 さい こう sai kou (not psycho) (the highest, the best)

しんりゅ・さん、チェリーはどこですか?

9. Reisti Skalchaste

So, romanized, the sentence would be:

Cherii wa watashi no --- ai de aru. With the kanji I asked about in place of the dashes. How would the kanji fit in? I want to know so I can say this sentence aloud without having to skip/change it in some way.

Thanks for you help, jedimdo.

10. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Signature SAI AI

I'm not really sure but, I think it maybe would be:

CHERII wa watashi no sai ai de aru
    チェリーは私の最愛である

I used the kanjis' ON-readings because they(kanjis) are not alone.
    Translated it would be:
    'Cherry is my most loved'
    'Cereza es la que mas amo'

I don't get it. You love the three marionettes in the same way? You love everybody equally? ...?

I wouldn't use SAI(most) just AI(love), I love her. Maybe use DAI, I love her much.

But whatever the reading and meaning are, Cherry is here at my side teaching me japanese. Shinryu-san, Cherii ha watashi no desu yo! Watashi ha Cherii no aishin desu. (Hope to wrote it right) :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Reisti Skalchaste

What I typed into the translator was: "Cherry is my beloved." Following that was a phrase that has been translated to "Lime and Bloodberry are not far behind."

Here's a link to that thread. This has been mostly solved, but that Kanji escaped the best efforts of us all. So, I figured I'd bring it here.

Added:

Oh, ha ha, jedimdo. :mad: I just noticed this. And you're wrong! Cherry is my girl. She's forever at my side. Don't try to take that from me.

As for your sig, I've figured out what the text at the bottom means, it says "Cherry is my favorite." Or something very similar. But I can't figure out the one in the pic except that it involves Cherry in some way.

Those two phrases have been solved too.

Cherii ha watashi no desu yo.: Cherry is mine. (or similar, correct me if I'm wrong) This phrase is obviously incorrect. Cherry is my beloved. But she's no one's property. She's not a slave. Therefore, she cannot be yours.

and

Watashi ha Cherii no aishin desu.: I think it translates to "I love Cherry." But I'm not sure. My skill in Japanese is somewhat less than my skill in Spanish. You can love her all you wish, and I'm glad she's attractive to more than just myself, but, according to the Christian Bible, it's a sin to covet another's wife. Keep that in mind.

12. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

:D :D nandasonokimochi Shinryu-san? Are you mad? We could fill a lot of forums with our posts, so, let's sign peace. Do you agree?

The bottom one has been discused somewhere in this forum. I'll give you a hint: Lime says it a lot.

1. Right, but wrong. The translation is correct. But 'NO' is not just to own a thing, it's used with people too. Even you use it in your sign.

2. Bzzzz... Incorrect, twice. That's not the translation and she's my wife.

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Hmm... I'd like to, but... Tell you what, let's keep our disagreements to private messages, okay? We'll start after this post. I'm not mad, I'm just trying to show you your glaring mistakes. (Ie. assuming Cherry is yours)

As I said, my Japanese skills are quite lacking. After that hint, I assume it's "Cherii, daisuki." But I can't romanize it very easily. That is a guess. [Nitpick mode on] But Lime doesn't say that, she says "Otaru, daisuki." [Nitpick mode off]

I'll admit, I totally guessed what the phrase meant. I had no way of knowing if I was right or not. I figured it meant "Cherry is mine, and went with one possible interpretation, and I deliberately went with an incorrect one.

Again, I call attention to my severe lack of knowledge of the Japanese Language. I honestly don't have a clue as to what it means, and implore you or someone else to translate for me.

As for the second sentence, I have a response, but unless we back what we say up, it's simply a childish game of "She's mine! No, she's mine!"

But the fact is, Cherry is truly my beloved, and I know that she would never be unfaithful. She can't be with both of us, seeing as you're in Columbia, and I'm in Canada. Even if she were to do such an uncharacteristic thing as be unfaithful, she would have to take many hours-long flights there and back, which would be an endeavor in itself, and she'd have to manage it within the 4 hours per weekday I'm gone. Truly an impossible task.

I therefore reach the conclusion that you are either deluding yourself, or somehow have a fake Cherry. The Cherry by my side is the true Cherry. There is no possibility of error in this.

Have you noticed that the "Cherry" with you is somewhat more vulgar than usual? If so, she is likely "Mango," a fairly unknown sister to Cherry. More on her can be found here.

That is all.

14. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Ok.

Right, I romanized daisuki a few posts before in this thread. And of course she says 'Otaru', just forgot to write 'like Lime says'

Hahaha :D ... That was great. Thanks for the link, but it confirmed what I already knew, I have the REAL Cherry.

Check the SMJ-related phrase thread, I have a new one​

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Responses to this have been made in private messages. Readers of this thread, do not assume I have given up this seeming war between myself and jedimdo. I merely wished not to clutter up this thread with it.

Anyway, I've got a more important question.

I know that the command "die" is "Shi-ne,"(Thank you Aya(Weiss Kreuz)) when romanized, but how do you say the phrase:

"Time to die" or "Prepare to die" I have heard it before, and I have a guess at it (Thanks Ryoko(Tenchi Muyo)) but I would like to be sure.

16. Circe Yami

Circe Yami New Member

こんにちは私は新しいここにいるか。 私はほとんど場所についての何も今知らない私はかなり速く学ぶことができる :)

Translation:Hello I'm new here are you? I pretty much don't know anything about the site but I can learn pretty quick.

それは人日本語をいかにここに学んでいるか涼しい、 私は私が9 才だったときに私がつらい時勉強の英語を有したalot の経糸ガイドを学ぶことを賭けた。

Translation: It's cool how you guys are learning japanese here, I bet you'll learn alot heck I had a hard time learning english when I was nine. :p

私はあなたの多くにanime のような人会う、 私は特に。

Translation: I see much of you guys like anime, I especially do.

( Was that too much japanese? I think I should write it down so you guys can actually understand it. heheh. :eek:

17. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

nihon no kanji toka ima kakenai kedo... ma, iikka. watashi guwaiwarui tte bayo...

nya na.
    yaka.

18. Johnny Toxxic

Johnny Toxxic New Member

Please use more of the kana and kanji. It helps me to remember them when I read them in sentences. I also like the translations as well; the also aid in the learning process!

19. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

¿How do you 'kanjize' iukoto?
    JIME (Japanese Input MEthod) gave this:
    言うこと
    謂う事
    云う事
    謂うこと
    言う事
    云うこと
    いう事
    this kanjis have very similar meanings
    the full phrase is: 'oneesannoiukotokikinasai'

20. Kaori

Kaori New Member

to jedimdo:

iukoto can be:
    言うこと
    言う事

those are both correct.

Circe Yami:
    あの、あなたは日本人でわないでしょうか。あなたの日本語を全然わかりません。あなたは東京に住んでいると書いてたけどそれは本当ですか。皆に嘘をつくのは失礼です。
    ーーーーー
    ano, anata ha nihonjin dewanai deshouka. anatano nihongo wo zenzen wakarimasen. anata ha tokyo ni sundeiru to kaitetakedo soreha hontou desuka. minna ni uso wo tsukunoha shitsurei desu.
    --------
    um, you're not japanese, are you? I don't understand any of your japanese. You wrote that you live in Tokyo, is that true? Its very rude to lie to everyone.

1 person likes this.