Recreation Life after Death and God...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaMeKaZi, Jul 11, 2002.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Whoops!! sorry Bloodberry >.<;;;;;; I just thought you meant "that" as me >___< oroOoOoOoOoOo, my name is so confusing :p

That is a cool story LuvWeaver :) It seems that even with many saint stories that God just suddenly strikes people with love. But of course they have to be willing and accept him into their hearts... like when you asked God to help you He did ;) I guess God comes to those who are willing.

2. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

Hang a bout....

Luvweaver, on that old Evangelian thread "lets face it..." was the above story the horrible lonliness you were talking about?

Personally, Even as a Priest Ive never felt this rush followed by happiness (which sounds like gas catharsis rather than the big guys presence....) I find strength within myself in times of hardship, to me askin' God for strength is like asking for a piggyback when you have perfectly functioning feet. I aint a moocher.

I go to church once a month and pray when I feel like it, I talk to the higher power like a drinkin' buddy rather than a king and it delivers, even then maybe its just a coincidence (i refuse to be definite without scientific proof). I spend my life being a good person not a good christian (the two are too frequently not the same). And I never try to preach to anyone.

Basically, I aint gonna need asbestoss boxers where im goin'

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I dont believe that if you try to talk to god that he listens to you.. I think if you ask something from god it is yourslef who answers your own prayer not god..

Take for example the Jews.. They Asked god to help them in WW2 where was he then?? Im sure he is out there but is he still watching I wonder?

KaMe

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i think god watches more than interfers...kinda like the mouse in a maze experiments...

5. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

A friend of mine believes that there is a God, but he takes the credit for getting us through our hardships or something of that likeness... with the whole line, think it went something like "God can only help those that are willing to help themselves.", or something to that extent. She said it's a cover up or something, basically saying that you do all the hard work to satisfy yourself and pull through, and God is thrown into the spot light. Of course, this isn't necessarily my opinion, that's just what she said. ::shrugs::

6. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

The whole WWII thing is something that you need to look at after learning that it is a consequence. If you look very carefully at Deuteronomy 28, there are both curses and blessings. Throughout the prophets' books, there are also curses and blessings. It's like telling someone, "If you don't touch the fire you won't be burned. If you touch the fire, you'll get burned, and the burn will last for a while. But it'll go away, and you'll have learned your lesson." I can't really put it any other way. Everything on that list has been fulfilled...except the reunion of Israel, but that's a whole other story.

And...in case anyone wants to try to shoot that little piece down, I didn't put up all the details because it's a LONG study. I could go on and on...but I choose not to because it'd probably just be worse. It'd just be wise if you don't go attacking something without evidence. ^^;

7. ¤¢ïr¢ë·lørë¤

I don't belive in god... What's there to belive in, anyway?

8. Wow. Sorry I left this board so long.Looks like I've been given a hard deal because of my beliefs.
    Ok luvweaver, I admit I could of phrased my whole argument better,little less of the arrogance, but saying:
    "If we offended you because we stated our beliefs, then you should have just said it, or maybe kept quiet, not began bashing us"
    is harsh. I didn't bash anyones beliefs.Wouldn't want to, from the sound of it, your belief that you experienced Gods presense makes you a very happy, secure person.Wouldn't want to bash anyones beliefs. Reading through my post, all I can see is me stating my beliefs, my assumption that death is the end and there is no God. You berate me for this and then go on to say with absolute conviction that you felt God in your life.- Your belief conflicts with mine, just as it does with MerRuas or *_ToOmaA_* ,they believe that what you believe is incorrect.Please tell me how you can accuse me of bashing all your beliefs when all I did was put up an alternate, my, point of view.
    One more niggliung complaint:
    "Instead, you began by 'Really hate to be the one to bring it up, but we are'. As if what you said is the ultimate TRUTH. That is a bit arrogant, don't you think? "
    No.Its not arrogant, its conviction. Im saying what I believe, just as you did when you assured us that God has comforted you.Saying that the creator of absolutly everything personally comforted you?Sounds awfully arrogant... but its your belief. You know in your heart that I am wrong because you have felt this Divine Being in your life, just as I think you are wrong because, well, it all sounds pretty silly to me. And don't use that against me, c'mon it does.Not that I expect you to agree...but its my belief so you're not allowed bash it.

"Anyway as for anyone like Spiked&Skewered Take your coments about how we are wrong about our believe and shove it. If you want to post that you are an athiest and way ok but dont put others down! "so say KaMeKaZi
    No! Poor me! Why can't I express my views? Anytime a Catholic states that salvation can only be achieved by weekly feeding on the flesh of God, they are implying that all other religions are wrong. Its what happens in debates, people disagree.
    Final points: Did not Bash anyone.
    Read over my post again, realise this.
    I'm not a nasty guy.
    We're all doomed to oblivion.
    Right, thats that sorted...

9. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

When did I say that?! Just point it out...

So tell me whose bashing whose religion or should I say Point of view!!
    Im deeply offened that you said that, but I'll ignore you because I wont start an uproar over someone like you

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

dude , the quotes tooma used there show you putting other ppl's religion down,...or is making fun of the islamic religion an exeption? jeez...kame's just saying stop making fun the religions ppl want to believe in...it's not that hard to do...

11. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

And with your repeated comments of our persons, mentally, emotionally, and physically "doomed to oblivion" is also a direct insult to any belief of retributionary karmatic rebirth and life-after-death, you're insinuating that you are right, no other possibility is existent, and discarding the other thoughts carelessly without even bothering to ponder on how others feel about it. At least state you believe we're "doomed to oblivion" if you're going to state rather than leaving it in it's own sentence alone. The insinuations could be tragic. Now, where's the bloody spell check on this thing? :dizzy2:

12. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

This Is My Original Post.. You will SEE the

"""These are just ppl opinions and should not mock other people's religions...""" Part

What I meant by this Is Post your opinion Not your Self made fact about life and in the same sentence puting all religions down Spiked&Skewered.

So get it straight the next time you post something.. Start the bloody thing with.. Myself i believe we are all doomed but thats my opinion.. Somehting like that.. Dont go and say.. We are all doomed and you guys are more or less idiots for even having a ****ing Faith.. Because thats What you are implying in your post!

And YES IM A BLUNT PERSON.. Im not going to beat around the ****ing bush all day!

KaMe

13. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

well, i've experienced loneliness more than once... and I've felt it these last few months, but it seems that everytime i've felt like about giving up, there he comes, like a knight in shining armor (isn't that romantic? :) )

Well... i may reply further, i got dizzy with all these new messages :)

14. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

OK this is my next post :)

Anyway - i've found myself debating, fighting and arguing over and over with guys who write like Spiked did... it's and endless circle... so how about if we stop replying, or something? I wouldn't like to close this thread... how about if we go to a more positive thinking, like...

HAVE YOU EVER LIVED SOMETHING THAT YOU THINK IS A MIRACLE?

For example, times where you were about to get rolled down by a car but you weren't - or something? (Well, this happened to me - twice... whew )

I'd find it much better this way, rather than arguing all around. What do you think guys? :)

15. c0ke

c0ke New Member

God hates me, so I hate him back, I already live in hell, so might as well live in ethernal hell when I die.

16. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Have i ever experienced a Miracle.. Something that happend but you just cant explain why your still here.. Cant say that I have!...

KaMe

17. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

personally, i don't believe in miracles...<shrug>

18. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Never had a miracle happen to me, don't see any reason for one to either. ::shrugs:: My brother's motto; "****, I'm already going to Hell, might as well make the trip fun."

19. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

MY VIEWS (^_^=)

Okay, these are little beliefs of mine that ive created over my existence...hope noone finds them Offensive...

Numbah one....

Jesus May be Mohammed.

There is a large time gap between Jesus' childhood and Adulthood, and Mohammed (im sorry i really dont know how to spell it, dont yel if im wrong please!) just appeared, right?
    Makes one wonder....

Numbah TWOOOOOOOOO...

The afterlife is determined by one's own actions.

Good person, hey! presto! good afterlife! Bad person...well...bring the Asbestos Boxers...

Numbah Tree

Curses are bad. I Feel that it is the worst sin imaginable to defile God's perfect work with words so vulgar. (Author's note: Hell and Damn arent curses, but putting Him in front of damn is.)

Numba Fo'

Retribution is not through Confession, nor through any certain ritual, but through good deeds. GOOOOOOD DEEDS PEOPLE!!!!

Confession is embarassing, and makes you chant an ancient prayer (or prayers) repeatedly, leaving a person possibly embarassed for telling a MESSENGER OF GOD some stupid little thing youve done, and dissalusioned, because the last time i went to Confession i didnt feel that God loved me, love would mean Forgiveness without punishment...but a good deed puts His Love into the hearts of others, and most of the time you dont even have to work for it...Hold an elevator, or a door, pick someting up for someone, Hell, just do something good...it may just make you feel good!

Yes, i believe that life itself is a miracle, and that we are so lucky to live another day, to have people that care about us, and to care about others. so, with that, enjoy your personal miracle, and make someone else's day happy, and just live life to its fullest!

*You dont know what you have till its gone.*

Dang i forgot the rest of what i was gonna say...Im sorry, but that is all you get! MWAHAhAHAHAhAHA!!!!
    (Betchya thought i was all christian because of my nickname, eh?)
    (These beliefs were not created to be offensive/evil, but to help me along with life.)
    (Im sorry if this came out overly Catholic, but it think youll get my point.)
    [​IMG]BMDDR4LIFE!!(Brought to you by: The Black Mage Dance Dance Revolution Team)

Wow
    That was a lot from me!:dizzy2: :bleed: :dizzy2:

20. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I consider myself an atheist... sometimes an agnostic...
    I have one or two questions for you, about things I don't understand too well about religions in general:
    What happens to kids, or babies that die at a very young age? They don't even have a chance to do any significant good or bad action in their lives, so what kind of afterlife do they get? What age do you have to be so that your afterlife is decided?

I think 'damn' is technically a curse :)
    to damn = to put an evil spell on someone
    to curse = to put an evil spell on someone

Anyway, I don't want to make this post any longer, hope you can satisfy my curiosity :)