Inu-Yasha love or immortality?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by me_dreaming_zzz, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Shattered Rayn

Shattered Rayn New Member

I read a fanfic somewhere like that. Inuyasha was killed by another demon and Kagome goes bak home to her time because of the whole grief thing and she meets this guy in the market. She thought it was him because he looked exactly like Inuyasha but he wasn't. His name even started with 'Inu'.
    He didn't remember an Inuyasha but he remembered Kagome's name. He also had the talent of disappearing onto rooftops.
    I'm still waiting to find out what happens.

But he desperatly wants to be full Yukai. But there's a possibility that love will change his mind. You never know.

2. korimon

korimon New Member

kagome shold become immortal cause she could help out as a miko and inuyasha would not be lonly
    :catgirl:

3. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I choose love.
    "Life is love. It is the point of us being here"

4. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

Love is pothetic(not to be mean), but it can be hertful, there no ponit in love.

5. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

As to the full youkai thing, he wants to be full youkai, but I think it's starting to become less important to him, especially when he realizes how bloodthirsty and psychotic he is when his demon blood takes over.

Ne, you wouldn't happen to remember where you found that fanfic, would you?

6. Shattered Rayn

7. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

Thanks for the link. ^_^

Heah. Him being a bit freaked out by his change is what helps me to think he's really not going to become a full youkai in the end.

8. Shattered Rayn

But then again, he hates it when the new moon comes around. But he does let his guard down a bit. Those rare little moments where he tells about himself and his life are a sometimes welcome change to the constant griping and growling.

9. fluffyofthewind

fluffyofthewind New Member

i agree. the moon tells it all(LOL). as bad as he wants it, he will never have it.

10. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

He may not have to choose either. After all, the Shikon jewel doesn't HAVE to be used for Inuyasha to change into something. He could just stay the way he is (I'm sure Kagome would be just fine with it) and use the jewel for something else.

And btw, Inuyasha is far from immortal. It sort of doesn't make sense. From what I've heard, Inuyasha had the age and body of a 17 year old before being sealed to the tree. If he aged normally in those years, why didn't he age when he was sealed?

11. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

actually i was thinking about this too. hanyous live much longer than humans do and if they are sealed, perhaps, they dont age at all. well thats the only explanation that i can come up with.

12. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Summon of Wood

Actually, hanyous do age slower. Inuyasha was actually 32 when he was sealed to the tree, but his mental age and physical appearance were of a 16-year-old. He did age while sealed, and is currently about 82. Sesshy is 93, and Shippo is 16, if that's any indication of youkai aging.

The information came from a magazine in Japan, as a note.

13. Kagome's Arrow

wow.....guess it would take him a while to croak from old age then O.O... but here's a thought... maybe they could use the jewel for Kagome to have the lifespan of a hanyou!

14. me_dreaming_zzz

yeah that would be so cool if Kagome could live as long as Inuyasha can. but doesnt shikon jewel work only on demons and hanyous? I didnt know that it works on humans :sweat2:

15. Kagome's Arrow

it does? thanks! I've actually been wondering about that for quite some time now lol

16. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Actually, the Shikon no Tama will work for anyone who has the will to use it, be they human, hanyou, or youkai. The reason Kikyo and the Taijiya village never used it was because they were purifying it. The fact that the jewel has a tendency to only bring despair and ruin might have something to do with it as well....

~Shadrach Anki

17. me_dreaming_zzz

so, does that mean that Kagome cannot use the jewel to become a 1/2 youkai? or she can?hhmm... im confused now :sweat2: but anyway even if she could, i dont think that Kagome would like to become a hanyou, i think that she likes heself as a human.

18. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

I personally don't think that Kagome could become a hanyou, even if she wanted to. She doesn't have the genetics for it. ^_^

Inuyasha has the choice because he does have both human and demon blood flowing through his veins. He may also be able to choose to stay a hanyou and just get stronger, although that might end up making him closer to full demon, and somewhat insane.

~Shadrach Anki

19. Kagome's Arrow

lol i agree with dreaming.. i don't think she would WANT to be hanyou. Well.. if it was the only way she could be with Inu then maybe..but she'd probably think of some other way. However, I think that the jewel *could* grant her that if she wanted it, because it is supossed to be able to grant you anything. Even though it's physically impossible, so are a lot of things in Inuyasha.

20. Leon Striker

Leon Striker New Member

I say that the should stay the way they are now i mean if kagome can get reincarnated again and again then they should just stay together or he should try to make her a demon with the shikon jewel and then they can both live together forever.