Recreation Preferred Weapon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Preferred Weapon? + Magical Weapons!

What kind of weapons do you like the most? Broad Swords? Long bows? Handguns? Something more... mass-destructive? These can be real or made up. If you have a magical weapon you particularly like, you can include that too.

For melee, I prefer the elegance of the katana. Well-balanced, sharp, deadly.

Ranged weapons, I dislike guns. In my opinion, it's dishonorable to use a gun. I would use a hand-crossbow.

As for magical weapons, I like my Dragon's Legacy. The watered-down version appears in the Sakeido High thread, but the true version is much more dangerous.

-It reflects it's owner's mood/personality. Ie. If I am Good-aligned, it appears as a glowing silver katana. If I'm neutral aligned, it looks to be a bastard sord with a glowing blue aura. And, if I'm of Evil-alignment, it becomes a thing of pain, designed to tear flesh away, rather than to cleave it.

-It grows stronger as you do. The harder you concentrate your life-energy, your ki, the sharper the blade, the more effective the abilities, the lighter it feels.

-A different ability for each incarnation.

Good - You can concentrate your ki into the blade, and release it as a cleaving blade of energy, called the Crescent Edge. Sharper than the sharpest steel, this blade will cut through anything until it's energies expire, save those the wielder cares about.

Neutral - The sword emits a blue aura that acts to increase the energy of the wielder at the cost of depleting the mana of the surrounding area. This boost inreases speed and recovery rate, nothing more. The wielder may also unleash powerful bursts of ki energy, at the cost of permanently depleting the mana in the area.

Evil - The sword absorbs the life-force of those it strikes, using it to increase the wielder's speed, endurance, and strength. The wielder may also use the Crescent Edge, except the blade takes a portion of your soul to use as energy, and the energy is jet-black, instead of pearly-white. And this Crescent Edge will stop for nothing, regardless of the wielder's desires.

I know, I know, it seems like I'm just showing off a neato sword I came up with. And I am, but that is the purpose. You can show off any interesting magical weapons you came up with here, as well as express your preference with normal weapons.

2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I would preffer a two handed magical sword like the good ol' animes. Or like the manga i was recently working on, I'd like to bear a special design revolver i made.
    Its called the SNTM (Special Nano Technology Mechanism)
    It had a whole bunch of good crap. But i threw away the idea for a reason!
    But take the magic concept away, and I'd choose the lightsabre.

-KaiyonTormentor

3. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I would prefer in melee the katana... I mean I like katanas. And of course one factor is that I'm in kendo.

In ranged combat I would prefer a pistol like Vincent's Quicksilver from FFVII

A magical weapon would be... umm... maybe something like a scimitar, that boosts up agility and speed, and that also steals the enemys lifeforce when I'd hit the enemy with it...

Oh, and Shinryu, nice sword :D

4. loudmouth

loudmouth New Member

A magicaly encahnted M1 Abrams. It owns all! (I don't care if it sound rediculous.)

5. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

For melee, I would choose either a bo or a goorkha blade. The bo has great versatility, whereas the goorkha is just cool. :p

I've not really "come up with" any magical weapons on my own, so I can't really say what my favorite would be.

6. NINJ4

NINJ4 New Member

hmmm....
    For a ranged weapon, I would use a arge Yumi with well bulit ya's and a yugake for my hand.(A large bow and arrow set with a glove)

For a close combat type thing, I would use my speacial Tokugawa daisho.

If no weapon is had, I would use my various fighting arts.

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

An OBS class fountain pen. These can obliterate entire universes.

Yes, a pen.

God, I love "Oh Big Steve!" :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think for a melee weapon i would use either a katana cause their cool, or a staff, casue i really like the effectivness of a staff.

For a ranged weapon i would use a Desert Eagle, kinda like the one Agent Smith uses.

As for magic..... i dunno, the Soul Reaver with all its enhancements.

9. Matthewthebig

Matthewthebig New Member

Close range - Wolverine style claws, with poison, strong poison.

Long range - Vulcan Cannon.

Magical - The magical equivelent of 10,000 nukes!

10. -AlcoholicA-

-AlcoholicA- New Member

good old katana
    or the ultimate weapon or marusame.

11. Matthewthebig

Matthewthebig New Member

you cant use a creature! Can you?

12. Reisti Skalchaste

I was thinking conventional weapons, but, ehh. Doesn't matter to me. Let's hear your creature-weapon.

13. Matthewthebig

Matthewthebig New Member

Omega! from FFVIII! w00t!

14. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

If I was a paladin, i'd choose a +5 Holy Avenger ;-)

But I'm more inclined towards the all-noble Samurai Katana. Today the world is full of people with big money who just have to pull a trigger to win a battle. :-/

what happened to the good ol' training?

15. ColHol

ColHol New Member

Lightsaber tbh

16. galactus

galactus New Member

tactical nuclear

17. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I must agree on this one... the sheer sound of the thing alone is utmost satisfying.

But to be honest, I'd rather have a 9mm pistol anyday, namely the Glock 19.

- Shen

18. Reisti Skalchaste

People, people, you're forgetting magical weapons! :p

19. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

i like anything that can conflict a lot of damage. The bigger isn't always the better. If anything I wouldn't mind a dagger.

20. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

For a long time, I use to think that the melee weapon for me would be a huge broad-sword but then I realized that I couldn't stab anyone because I'm such a little wimp. :( A sword just isn't right for me. I would rather have a good old staff or a rod.

My long range weapon would be archery. I just love the bow and arrow!

For my magical weapon, hmm, I think it would be a magical archery set. The bow wouldn't have a string because the mystical powers that flow within the bow allows the arrow to fly without the need of the string. It's all about concentration! It would be white with golden designs and pretty!