Video Games PS2 vs. GameCube vs. X-Box

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blood_pheonix, Nov 29, 2002.

?

Which is the best?

1. PS2

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. GameCube

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. X-Box

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I'd say PS2 because that's the platform I have. It's never let me down. ^__^

1 person likes this.
  2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I chose the PS2 for its versatility. It can act as a PS1, PS2, CD player, and DVD player!

Since it's currently my only method of watching my anime, it gets my vote. Besides that, it has many games I enjoy playing (ie. Xenosaga, among others). Though I use its alternative functions more than its main (PS2) function, it is a most useful product.

(Although, the Gamecube has been rising in rank lately, and my all-time favoite video-game system is tied between Sega Genesis/CD, and Super Nintendo)

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I would probably be one of the few to choose both the Ps2 and the Xbox. (I just dont like GameCube) Anyways, rooting for the Xbox are its graphics. You can actually tell when you are playing Xbox (unless its a Final Fantasy) because of the graphics (or the controller). Ps2 however, has a mass variety of games (Final Fantasy 7-12). I cant argue that the graphics are good because I've played games with low poly. Xbox has good games, but only a short few (Halo series, Ninja Gaiden and DOA series), the rest are in all three (exept some arent for Gamecube). Its a preety tough choice, but the thing that leads me more to the Xbox, is the price for Xbox live ($50 a year doesent sound bad). Some games can be replaced by XB connect...but it just isnt the same. As for Ps2, I dont like online....however, for most of it games, you could stay until 3 or four in the morning playing it. I dont know...I just cant decide myself. Maybe just Xbox for the Halo series! Anyways, Thats my opinion...both Ps2 and Xbox!

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Xbox all the way! Its got graphics. Its got Halo and others. And its a lot cheaper!

5. Uzumaki_Naruto

Uzumaki_Naruto New Member

i voted for x-box because even though it may not have a wide variety of games like the ps2, it has more powerful graphics engine and makes the games look alot better

1 person likes this.
  6. Sleeper_awake

Sleeper_awake New Member

I am impressed with the XBOXs new set of games that have come out recently. The online connectivity is amazing, but is quite costly. The Playstation 2 has amazing games, and an awesome controller. The problem I have lies in the SP controllers of the XBOX, reminds me too much of a GC controller and I dont like them that small. The PS2 has amazing graphics, and awesome RPGs and fighting games. The GC has an amazing array of childrens games, but also games that are meant for adults as well. The problems I have with these systems: XBOX: One, the controller (the new one) too damn small. Also, the system has a tendency to get buggy after a while.
    PS2: The recalls....I had a problem with my first one, and I had to get a second one. Also, I find the controllers too fragile.
    GC: Small discs, and easily damaged. The controllers are too small, and frankly a lot of the games are too childish for my liking.

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I choose PS2 due to it's wide market of games. The PS2 has some of the best games, but really, all consoles have their cons and pros.

The GameCube comes in a close second, before the Xbox.

- Teddz

1 person likes this.
  8. Seishin

Seishin Guest

How come at the begginning of this thread, you didn't list all of the facts from X-Box, but most of the facts from the PS2?

Seems kind of unfair. By not listing the so many qualitites of one system, and actually list them on the other systems, users can just say :"ho, well PS2 looks like it has more capabilities than X-Box". I mean come on:"powerful"? No offense, but what kind of description is that?

I think that if you're gonna make a post like this, you should post all of the qualities of the system, to make it more fair.

9. loudmouth

loudmouth New Member

If I could I'd pick X-box and PS2, but seeing as I can't , I have To go with The X-Brick, Halo 2, X-Box Live, Doom 3 on the way, and maybe Half-Life 2. Besides Final fantasy is becoming a Maggot Ridden Corpse of what it once was.

10. Stalfos

Stalfos New Member

Gamecube and x-box are much better than the PS2. PS2 throw out 50 games a day and by simple logic one would have to be good, while gamecube and x-box bring out better quality more often.

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Nooo, you'd think that by simple logic, PS2 would have a better chance of turning out a better game, the more games they turn out. Okay, so I like PS2 better. It's not because I don't like the other systems that I'm saying this, it's because your logic is flawed, IMO.

--MT

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

That depends on who produced/made/programmed the games. I don't think many of the Cube's games are "quality" unless released by Nintendo. All of Xbox's games that are worth it are usually American made (thus, no RPGs), and PS2 cranks out crappy games all too much.

13. -AlcoholicA-

-AlcoholicA- New Member

PS2 all the way for me....

the only bad thing about PS2 is that it's too fragile, they break so damn easily its not even funny anymore.

14. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

had to vote for the X-box it is one of the most powerful systems out there and I LOVE HALO AND HALO2

15. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Xbox seems to be getting a bit to americanish, except all (or most) of the Official Xbox Magazine's hidden demos seem to be in japanese for some reason. And as for RPGs...lets not forget KOTOR.

-Kaiyon

16. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

PS2 is the best and here's why. It plays cd, dvd's and video games. to play movies on x-box you need another piece of equipment that you have to buy serperately. and game cube, only plays video games, not that great. i will say this however, i love the fact that x-box lets you store music files on it, thats my favorite part about it, that and the halo game....GO HALO!!! YEAAAAAAAAAH. and the only reason i would buy a game cube would be to be able to play mario sunshine and super smash bros melee.

17. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

P.S. I didn't like KOTOR. =P

Also, the only Japanese production team that makes ANY sort of quality game for the Xbox happens to be Team Ninja. Well, any quality sort of quality game that's aimed for users of ONLY Xbox players. =P

18. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

But I already have a standalone dvd player, and I find it preferable to using a controller. Additionally the PS2 has had a less than perfect record when it comes to actually playing DVDs. Last year we went through two PS2s at my house; the laser kept breaking. Add in certain compatibility issues and... well, yeah.

You mean the hardware I wanted to play games with does what it's supposed to? :eek:

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Yeah, that happened to me. I dropped the thing while taking it over to my friend's house. Luckily, I was able to get it fixed. There are places (in Edmonton) repair these things for you.

It does *only* what it's supposed to. Not more. Besides, the Gamecube never had all that many great games, IMO. Same with the Xbox. PS2, it had a few, but, like I said, the best system ever is either the SNES or the Sega Genesis. No next-gen console can compare with those. The games on those systems were awesome! Seiken Densetsu III, Warsong 2, Shining Force, Final Fantasy Six, there's just no comparing with classics like those.

20. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Most PS2 games are on X-Box anyways! Even GTA! So there's not much to go there...

Whatever happened to those days that everyone like just pressing the forward and JUMP button, just to play a single game (sonic!). Those were the days! Still, i'm sticking to X-Box for next Gen systems!

-Seishin