Video Games PS2 vs. GameCube vs. X-Box

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by blood_pheonix, Nov 29, 2002.

?

Which is the best?

1. PS2

57 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. GameCube

16 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. X-Box

28 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. Alakai

Alakai New Member

What is your favorite next generation console?

So what is it? Mine is PS2 :D

2. Red Tail

Red Tail New Member

xbox

i can see where this is going.

3. Alakai

Alakai New Member

Where is it going?

4. Red Tail

Red Tail New Member

ah, it's going... to be a good poll.

no. :confused:
    i didn't mean anything.

5. Alakai

Alakai New Member

Was that sarcastic.. ? :anger2:

6. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

To avoid being yelled at and having this thread closed.I'll say
    Nintendo Gamecube.This is the only one I have bought and played alot.So I can't really judge the other 2.

7. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Well... my favorite is PS2 soo... thats why i said that...

8. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Damn Straight you're wasting good space :p If you dig down a few pages, I believe you'll find a quite carbon copied thread that already existed...the name escapes me but it was along the lines of XBox vs GameCube vs PS2...ill try to find it and link it. Mmm, here it is. Enjoy.

9. Eva_001

Eva_001 New Member

I'm considering buying a gamecube, it looks pretty cool. Even though it isnt the most popular. :D

10. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

PS2 by far

Sony puts out the best console systems on the market. And the big reason they are ranks the best, they put all the good features into one unit.

It isn't necessary to buy attachments in order to utilized a given feature.

Plus their sports games are the best on the market, especially the EAsports series.

Vic

11. naruto_ninetail

naruto_ninetail New Member

i vote for ps2 since it has most of the games that i like to play and thats its not too bulky like the xbox. i have to admit that xbox do have better graphics and HALO(which is one game i luv) but without any more good games on it it cant compare to ps2. as for gamecube..i got it and to tell the truth itss being used to hold up my tv stand...and collecting dust....it has some good games but most games for the gamecube dont interest me now..gamecube just seems boring for me now.

12. jindo

jindo New Member

Each console has it's own pros and cons. I vote for all 3 because I happen to own all of them. :p

13. Aya Nekoneko

Aya Nekoneko New Member

Seems that people brought this back from the dead. XD No worries, now I can reply.

I agree with Kaneda-san. Or at least I see it the same way, for the most part.

I personally prefer the PS2 because RPGs are my thing, as far fighting ga,es (can't... wait... for... Soul... Calibur... II...). My least favorite is the XBox because I'm not into first-person shooters nor am I really into action games. GCN is aother favorite (one that I soon hope to own) because of its great lineup. Especially their supposed "kiddie games." For some reason, the games targeted towards kids are some of the best.

14. miroku_monk

miroku_monk Guest

i think the ps2 because i never played the xbox before but me and my brother are going to get one and our first game is going to be halo.

15. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

a console is good if it has good games....
    -Cause SaberJ2X said 'so

I own a PS2, why? GT series... DEvil MAy CRy1&2... MEtal Gear... DDR... Plays the AWESOME PSone games... TEKKEN.... SOUL CALIBUR2... WWE shut your mouth...

again... you may have made the most advanced console system in the world *cough* XBOX *cough* but if you don't make good games your not goin' anywhere... Gamecube = kiddy games... anyway the gamecube is a very cool console... but lacks a more varied selection of mature games, and the controller SUCKS BIG TIME, omg I haven't seen such a mess of a controller... EVER

P.S. I have never seen my PS2 crash...

16. Aya Nekoneko

Aya Nekoneko New Member

I agree about the GCN's controller being a bit messy, though. It's almost as though it did't know whether or not it wanted to solely a joypad or a traditional controller. It wouldn't be that bad if the control pad wasn't at the lower branch of the controller. It seems like a chore just to have to use it (the control pad). I mean you have to stretch your hand lower and grip the entirity of it. I guess it isn't that much a problem if you have bigger hands but I have really small hands so yea... problem.

Also, since I'm so used to using the PS controller that has the 4 side buttons in a rhombus (not only from the PS but from NES and SNES too...) , trying to get used to the strange alinement of the GCN controller was a pain... at least for a while.

17. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

I like the PS2 best because you can play DVD's CD's and the games.
    anyone know when the PSP is coming out?

18. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

And just what is wrong with "kiddie games"? I'll have you know, Mario Party 4 kicks *** and with that and the two RE games, that's all I need for GameCube for it to be kick ***. I can't say as much for X-Box because I haven't really found any good games for it that haven't been released, or will be released, for another system (my brother owns Max Payne, Dead To Rights, and Hunter: The Reckoning for it. We both also adapted to the GameCube and X-Box controllers rather easily, without any trouble, and can still switch between systems at any given time). Me and my brother, however, do plan on getting all three of the Soul Calibur 2s (even though the PS2 one will suck... I mean... c'mon.. Hiehachi? Is that all they could bloody come up with? C'mon! Put Dante or something in there! Or Samanosuke!).

19. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Hmm, actually, I'm going to revise my opinion a bit. The Box is PERFECT (as far as the three systems go) for fighting games. The controller, well, just get used to it. I compared MvC2 for both the PS2 and the Xbox (i have both games/systems) and found the PS2 version sorely lacking. It's slower, not as detailed, the fighters are BEYOND uber-pixelated etc. The Box version was still pixelated, but the anti-aliasing was much smoother. Not to mention the HD compatibility kept the characters HUGE and nicely animated even on a big screen. It was also faster. I like faster for fighting games. I don't mind waiting in an RPG TOO much, as long as the load is smooth. But in a fighter, I want it to be a quick load.

And yeah, Heihachi is an evil old man. Boo him. He needs a damn weapon too. Like I said to BB..."What's he gonna get in Weapon Master mode? T-shirts of power?"

Edit: PSP comes out next year. With the PS3 supposedly coming out the year after that. ^_^

20. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I voted X-Box more because that is the system that I have the game with my game attiction on right now (Soul Calibur 2)